Who is Joanne Giannini?

Yesterdas a couple came to my house trying to convince to to vote for Joanne Giannini, a RI state represantative (Democrat). I happily informed them that I only vote for pro-gun candidates, and at this time my Second Amendment rights is the most important issue for me. The guy said that he is a retired police officer and has a collection of firearms, including machine guns, and he shoots frequently. His wife said that she shoots, too. I asked if he has Makarov pistol. He said no. I offered them to come in and see mine. They refused, being afraid of my Doberman. But they said that they also vote for pro-gun candidates only. I asked if they are aware that their presidential candidate wants to ban nearly all firearms. The guy said he likes McCain better than Obama.
So, I am a little confused. This Joanne Giannini, from what I learned, is mostly dealing with "women and children issues", "trying to improve their lives". Guess who needs life improvement and who is to pay for it [angry] I would call her a liberal freack. But at the same time she is supposingly pro-gun... How that can be?
I will vote for the those who support my gun rights, even if I dislike them otherwise[thinking]

Looking through her info it looks possible that she is one of the D's who support the 2a. In other words, I didn't see overtly anti-gun info there.

Looking through her info it looks possible that she is one of the D's who support the 2a. In other words, I didn't see overtly anti-gun info there.

I saw nothing real pro- or anti. But then , I didn't have time to really dig into her background. Hopefully someone from RI will join in.

Yelena:
You've just run smack into another typical American experience. That is, conflicting emotions around vote time. Often, a candidate that you like otherwise will come with a fatal flaw. But good on you for telling them what defines your vote!

RD

How about her introduction of 2005-H 5052 and 2005-H 5053. As she herself described her bills: "[they] would require people named in permanent restraining orders to give up their guns to the local police station within 24 to 72 hours of being served with the orders. They could also sell the firearms to a licensed gun dealer." So far as I am aware, the bills provided no basis for a return of the firearms if, after trial, the preliminary restraining order was not continued.

Given the rampant abuse to which domestic restraining orders have been put, I'd classify anyone who proposed an immediate, automatic and no discretion lifetime disability to own firearms as a result of being "named" in one to be anti-gun.

Edit: sorry: I should have read through to the end of the thread before posting this reply. But I stand by the sentiment expressed.

How about her introduction of 2005-H 5052 and 2005-H 5053. As she herself described her bills: "[they] would require people named in permanent restraining orders to give up their guns to the local police station within 24 to 72 hours of being served with the orders. They could also sell the firearms to a licensed gun dealer." So far as I am aware, the bills provided no basis for a return of the firearms if, after trial, the preliminary restraining order was not continued.

Given the rampant abuse to which domestic restraining orders have been put, I'd classify anyone who proposed an immediate, automatic and no discretion lifetime disability to own firearms as a result of being "named" in one to be anti-gun.

Edit: sorry: I should have read through to the end of the thread before posting this reply. But I stand by the sentiment expressed.

Like I said, I didn't see that one. With the info you seconded that doobie posted, and the NRA F, I would say she's very anti gun. Note the word possible in my post. It's not like I was defending this politician.

Back
Top Bottom