• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who is/are the Gale Library Board of Trustees gun restrictionist(s)?

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
I know this policy is hardly significant, but I dislike the idea of gun restrictionists getting away with implementing facets of a fear agenda unchallenged. It would be great to know the answer to the following question:
What statistically-verifiable problem relative to the Gale Library were they trying to solve?

http://tinyurl.com/p3hknyp
Adopted and approved by the Gale Library Board of Trustees
February 12, 2014.

Board of Trustee Signatures:

[No signatures provided.]

All the moronic standard gun restrictionist fare is included:
  • ...dangerous weapons...jeopardize...health, safety, and welfare. ...protect,... health, safety, welfare...
  • Exemptions for special classes.
  • Warning that they will SWAT/911 violators.
http://tinyurl.com/o74m8xh

• Marilyn Landry, Chairperson
  • Kathy Meserve, Treasurer
  • Anne Banks, Secretary
  • Lynne Camp, Alternate
  • Sally Woodman, Alternate
  • Terry Caswell, Director

Must be moonbat central in NH.

AFAIK, local laws/rules have no legal weight in NH.
You are correct, and, as stated, it is merely a policy. However, the library can easily--and somewhat within the confines of the law--911 any offenders to bring law enforcement in to make a fuss. In reality, he/she who calls the police should be charged with, perhaps, making a false report or whatever the NH equivalent of a nuisance call is, but it is more likely the victim (gun owner) would be harassed. And undoubtedly the incident would come up next time Streeter has to sign off on the victim's P&R license renewal.

Streeter is a MA LEO who retired to NH to run a small town PD. He brought his MA gun restrictionist position with him, resulting in that case.

I bet he was in for a bit of a culture shock up there.... What - you mean I'm PERSONALLY LIABLE for his attorney fees? I bet that sure came as a surprise. I hope that attorney bills out at like 300 bucks an hour and dumped a hundred hours into the case.

Since this is a public, town-owned, library, wouldn't this policy be in violation of RSA 159:26?

RSA 159:26-I said:
...no ordinance or regulation of a political subdivision may regulate the sale, purchase, ownership, use, possession, transportation, licensing, permitting, taxation, or other matter pertaining to firearms...

You are correct, and, as stated, it is merely a policy. However, the library can easily--and somewhat within the confines of the law--911 any offenders to bring law enforcement in to make a fuss. In reality, he/she who calls the police should be charged with, perhaps, making a false report or whatever the NH equivalent of a nuisance call is, but it is more likely the victim (gun owner) would be harassed. And undoubtedly the incident would come up next time Streeter has to sign off on the victim's P&R license renewal.

I'm guessing the first guy might get a 911 response, but I'll guarantee by the third guy, the dispatcher would be asking a lot more questions, like, "What is he doing?" which can get a caller in trouble if they're making it up as they go. And, as far as the P&R License renewal, there's nothing the CLEO could do to someone who carried lawfully every damn day to the library.

I wish I lived closer to Newton.

I know this policy is hardly significant, but I dislike the idea of gun restrictionists getting away with implementing facets of a fear agenda unchallenged. It would be great to know the answer to the following question:
What statistically-verifiable problem relative to the Gale Library were they trying to solve?

http://tinyurl.com/p3hknyp

All the moronic standard gun restrictionist fare is included:
  • ...dangerous weapons...jeopardize...health, safety, and welfare. ...protect,... health, safety, welfare...
  • Exemptions for special classes.
  • Warning that they will SWAT/911 violators.
http://tinyurl.com/o74m8xh

• Marilyn Landry, Chairperson
  • Kathy Meserve, Treasurer
  • Anne Banks, Secretary
  • Lynne Camp, Alternate
  • Sally Woodman, Alternate
  • Terry Caswell, Director

The fail is strong with this one:

The Library requests that no weapons, either concealed or visible, whether it is a handgun, rifle, shotgun, BB gun, pellet gun or any other type of firearm, or any knife with a blade length of 3 inches of more, be carried while within the Library building. Even those who have permits to carry a concealed weapon are asked not to do so within the Library.

It's a request, which I don't think violates the letter of the law (RSA 159:26) but maybe the spirit of the law. There's also no permit to carry a concealed pistol/revolver in New Hampshire. At least nothing that I've seen. I think they mean license?

Duly sworn Law Enforcement Officers of the State of New Hampshire, a County Sheriff, an officer of a municipal agency in New Hampshire or of a Federal Enforcement Agency, or, any other duly sworn Law Enforcement Officer, are exempt from this policy.

Maybe ask why?

Whenever a person is seen carrying a weapon in the Library and the staff or other patrons feel threatened or uncomfortable, the staff may report the situation to law enforcement so the police can determine the lawfulness of such weapons being carried.

Police don't determine lawfulness so I don't know what they mean here. Police are law enforcers not interpretters. That's the judiciary's responsibility.

For a bunch of smarty librarians, they sure need to do a lot more reading.

Police don't determine lawfulness so I don't know what they mean here. Police are law enforcers not interpretters.
There are more examples of this not being the case _in practice_ than I care to dredge up, but I recall one case in TN in which police were using a made up law to engage in roadside asset forfeiture (theft).

Not really. There are very few cases where a CLEO has even tried something like that in NH, virtually none recently, and all decided on favor of the licensee. Often, the CLEO has wound up paying legal fees over it.
Like Streeter, the CLEO of the town in question.

I will agree to disagree on the letter of the law consistently being equivalent to that enforced by the police in real-world scenarios.

Back
Top Bottom