• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who has experience with S&W 22a? 2206?

Has anyone here shot an S&W 22a or 2206? I'm looking to see how it compares to a Walther P22 and a Buckmark.

Any comments are welcome and appreciated. Thanks!!

Having used all three pistols, I'll give you my observations.

The Buckmark is the premier piece. Never seen a Buckmark have any trouble. Nice heft, and with the wood grips are a very good balance. Wish i ould get one of my own here in MA.

The 22A is a great value and I own one I got second hand for under $200. Tehy can be finiky, but seem durable enough under careful hands. In the hands of students, they take a beating. The 'blue' is just a finish on the alloy and will come off easily with some solvents, so use care when cleaning. DO NOT dryfire or you will damage the chamber. Mine had a tiny nick from a dryfire that I had to clean up with a file. Probably why it was sold. I was able to clean it up well enough and it is very reliable now, but it was some work.

The Walthers have been getting a very poor reputation for not lasting. Nice size pistol but have seen and heard some failures in < 1000 rounds that have needed to be returned for repair. My club was looking to get a couple for classes, and several of us as well as the dealer we buy from all conmmented that it was not a good idea.

s & w

I own both a sw 22a w/ a bull barrel, and a 2206
both are great guns, and fun to shoot.
the 2206 has the heft of a full size centerfire, so there is no kick what so ever, the 22a is a fund gun don't know if they would win any competitions, but great guns
have hear mixed reports on the walther

good luck
garyz

Back
Top Bottom