• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

White extremism is winning in my Vermont town. I'm selling my animal sanctuary and moving.

But but but…PHD! … don’t know, there’s no logic in what he’s doing. If I was living in a rural setting like that, probably 15 minutes away from the next first responder, I couldn’t imagine NOT owning/using guns.
The pseudo-farmer says his sanctuary is 74 acres, so unless he's put in good roads, could be fifteen minutes just for them to get through his gate and then hike out to the back forty.

Up in the north country, "Troop F" provides overnight coverage and people plan on +1 hour response times, "self help" is the only help you're getting for a while.

Heck, much of my small NH town is within 15 lights-and-siren minutes of the police station, however they close up shop by 5PM and switch dispatch to the nearest larger town. Even assuming there's a couple of roving patrol cars on the overnight shift, if they're occupied on the far side of town, you could be on your own for the better part of an hour.

My favorite one is “we used to live in a quiet neighborhood”…… ahh no.
The air traffic rattles my house numerous times every day. If you don’t like it f***ing move.

Most of those shitheads have no problem with Mexican bagpipes 7am or heavy machinery digging pool or sprinkler system.

Guns are just common tools, the only difference is that you can't angle grind your oppresive bureacrat in the face.

Most of those shitheads have no problem with Mexican bagpipes 7am or heavy machinery digging pool or sprinkler system.

Guns are just common tools, the only difference is that you can't angle grind your oppresive bureacrat in the face.

I used to call the police before I did anything…To prevent everyone from having to waste their time..I gave up on that after It didn’t offer any benefit to me..

They do I ED training at the base qualifying with rifles every time they do it the cops are coming to my place. The big issue is since I haven’t been shooting up there I don’t think they remember what really sounds like they just hear a noise and don’t like me so they called the police. They’re complaining about something that’s 4 miles from their house…

It must just be out of spite. There’s no way they can’t tell the difference between me shooting 500 feet from their house and an airbase 4 miles away.

Guns it’s just an excuse the neighbors use because they’re jealous. The joke being they are way more effective and bothering me f***ing me on wetlands and suing me over nonsense…

I’m in the homestretch once all these little bitches get smack down I’m going full retard

I agree suppressors are a viable solution...

As far as you operating a quad on your property, again, the noise isn't confined to your property... So put a suppressor on your quad, otherwise known as a muffler. Else, I think your neighbor has a legit complaint - and you're the ass hole in the equation...

Again, practice a little human decency. You're not the only human on the planet and should not behave as if your happiness and enjoyment trump anyone else's.... Or worse yet, comes at the expense of anyone else's.
Only if/when suppressors over the counter "cash and carry" items, like they are in other parts of the world, will suppressors be a "viable solution". $200 tax stamp, registration, and several months of waiting, just to appease some nanny state bedwetter?

Also, it was only within the past few years that suppressors were legalized in VT.

Just so all you Fudd's who aren't up on "it", Babylon Bee is very much a satire site like The Onion.

I know, it does seem pretty obvious, but the amount of times I've debated people who have quoted BB is hysterical.

Just so all you Fudd's who aren't up on "it", Babylon Bee is very much a satire site like The Onion.

I know, it does seem pretty obvious, but the amount of times I've debated people who have quoted BB is hysterical.
I dunno, this one sounds true to me [laugh]

How many times did you die at the hands of violent white extremists with scary guns?
They were everywhere. As soon as I crossed the Connecticut, it was like the loudest thunderstorm I have ever heard. So many gunshots...
I just started flashing the “ok” sign every time I saw somebody.
They ALL walk around with no shirts and ARs strapped to their shoulders, even the women.
They’re mean and crass. One guy even gave me directions.
I went swimming in a lake and had to change into my suit in the open air!
They live like wild animals in the mountains.
WARNING:
Stay away from Vermont if you value your man vag.

They were everywhere. As soon as I crossed the Connecticut, it was like the loudest thunderstorm I have ever heard. So many gunshots...
I just started flashing the “ok” sign every time I saw somebody.
They ALL walk around with no shirts and ARs strapped to their shoulders, even the women.
They’re mean and crass. One guy even gave me directions.
I went swimming in a lake and had to change into my suit in the open air!
They live like wild animals in the mountains.
WARNING:
Stay away from Vermont if you value your man vag.
Wait wait wait...

I thought that was OUR side of the river?

[laugh]

Pre Ban Tampon Man reminds me of the time a friend took me to the Pelham range. We were both shooting suppressed ARs, .300 Blk and 5.56. The old Fudds around us were shooting bolt actions. I broke out an AR15 Marauder pistol, 7" barrel and as loud as f***. The Fudds just about shit their Depends. Pretty soon the RO comes over and taps me on the shoulder and says "SLOW DOWN YOUR RATE OF FIRE!" I wasn't dumping mags, just plinking away. Apparently the old fuks around us thought it was too loud. Thats why I declined to join that particular range.

Years ago, I got suckered into a bowling league. Ugh. I was helping out a buddy. Lasted 2 seasons. It was awful. I don't mind bowling, but it was 6-9 every Friday. C'mon. 3 games. THREE HOURS. I play with my kids, and it's 20 min a game. Add in another team and some fiddling and it's still only double that. Consistently, my team was the SLOWEST out there. The two guys that twisted my arm were the slowest. This was the highlight of their week. And couldn't understand why it wasn't the highlight of mine.

But many of the guys in this league were serious.

You couldn't bowl if the guy on the left or right of you was bowling. Wait. What???? "It's distracting."

"What is?"

"Having someone moving next to you."

"Am I supposed to be looking at the pins or worrying if Bruce Lee is coming at me from the side with a flying kick."

"You have to wait."

I never ever ever in my 2 awful seasons of bowling noticed anyone beside me while I was bowling. Ever. Just shows ta go ya that there are Fudds in every "sport."

Years ago, I got suckered into a bowling league. Ugh. I was helping out a buddy. Lasted 2 seasons. It was awful. I don't mind bowling, but it was 6-9 every Friday. C'mon. 3 games. THREE HOURS. I play with my kids, and it's 20 min a game. Add in another team and some fiddling and it's still only double that. Consistently, my team was the SLOWEST out there. The two guys that twisted my arm were the slowest. This was the highlight of their week. And couldn't understand why it wasn't the highlight of mine.

You couldn't bowl if the guy on the left or right of you was bowling. Wait. What???? "It's distracting."

"What is?"

"Am I supposed to be looking at the pins or worrying if Bruce Lee is coming at me from the side with a flying kick."

"You have to wait."

I never ever ever in my 2 awful seasons of bowling noticed anyone beside me while I was bowling. Ever. Just shows ta go ya that there are Fudds in every "sport."
You want scary? Go to a Catholic Church basement on BINGO night. Those old broads take that SERIOUSLY.

Bowling? My alma mater had a PE degree requirement which despite the rather athletic things I did around campus, I couldn't get out of... so Bowling for Diplomas it was.

Please cite a single law or ordinance that states shooting noise is both common and to be expected... anywhere in VT... I'll check in regularly to see what kind of mental gymnastics you do to justify your belief that it's okay to be a douche bag who shits on his neighbors.

If your neighbors are cool with it and do the same.. Then more power to you... But if they're not and you continue knowing you're enjoyment comes at the expense of theirs, then you're just a dick... and people like you are why we have articles like this in the national news and why noise ordinances have become necessary. So good job shitting on the rest of us gun owners too... But hey, at least you got to enjoy your own little private range for a bit... That makes it all worth it...

You're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Common courtesy is dead.... and if it doesn't make a come back it will be one of the reasons we continue to lose these discussions.
Are the property abutters similarly entitled to be free from 'Shanctuary' audible/olfactory emissions ?

"What is?"

"You have to wait."

I shot in a dart league for years. A lot of the same behavior going on.

"What is?"

"You have to wait."

I was ready to call this Fudd Bowling before I even got to your last sentence.

Wow. I hit a nerve. But yeah, there are Fudds in every sport. There was this one family that was super into the bowling. Mom dad and 2 ADULT sons. One of the sons was VERY good. But this was his life. And he took it WAAAAY too seriously. Like not Mookie Betts level of competition, but performing weekly was something that set his mood. ????

A few years later, the league broke up. It was a few die-hard bowling fans and not much else. The Fudd's successfully eliminated everyone else. Just like they do in every group or organization.

Wow. I hit a nerve. But yeah, there are Fudds in every sport. There was this one family that was super into the bowling. Mom dad and 2 ADULT sons. One of the sons was VERY good. But this was his life. And he took it WAAAAY too seriously. Like not Mookie Betts level of competition, but performing weekly was something that set his mood. ????

A few years later, the league broke up. It was a few die-hard bowling fans and not much else. The Fudd's successfully eliminated everyone else. Just like they do in every group or organization.

It's a league game.
Screenshot_20210810-104647_YouTube.jpg

This thread is worthless with out a zillow link.
LTFY.

1. City guy (works for NYU) moves to country
2. Discovers rural communities enjoy shooting
3. Attempts to change local culture
4. Fails but annoys neighbors in process
5. Moves because no one likes him anymore

I fail to see the story...
Put down the beverage and read this, folks:

And here is the rest of the story:

The select board meeting was after he wrote this piece:

I lived a stones throw from my gun club. The driveway was 2 houses down the street. After a while you stop hearing it, ...

He says he’s giving VT a few more years. You guys need to bully him harder.
BTW, have any NESers dropped off the radar for the past few days;
almost as if they've been locked up at Northwest State Correctional Facility/St. Albans?

As much as I dislike Shank, I’m not going to dox him.
Yes; best leave that to the experts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom