Which Reloading Manual?

So I am trying to decide which will be my next reloading manual.
Right now, I have the Lee Handbook, 2nd edition.

I was hoping to get some suggestions on which one to pick up next.
For now, I will only be loading jacketed handgun rounds, if that makes any difference.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

I like the Lyman manual for cast bullet data. I did not like the Speer manual because the powder selection was lacking.

Last edited:
Another suggestion are the Loadbooks offered by Midway USA...they are caliber specific but offer the load info from Speer, Hornady, Nosler, Sierra, Lyman and a bunch of powder mfgs.

Another one for Lyman. While I have the others and go on line for loads, I go back to the company's book I've been using for almost 30 years. The Lyman 48th is real good. Hornady and Speer are good. Nosler is only good if your going to shoot Nosler.

Go to the web site of the powder manufacturer you plan to use and down load their manuals for free. They are updated more frequently than the printed data so they will be more accurate.

Any reloading manual will do, for starters. What you really need is a chrono and they are so cheap and reliable that there is no excuse not to buy one. Manuals give you data derived from test barrels with components made by the publisher. What you need is direct feed back from your loads in your gun.

Avoid PACT products; their customer service is horrible.

Reloading Manuals

My favorite is Hornady. Great info. Also use Lyman. Lyman data is more conservative but Ive had no problem with Hornady data. Load 45ACP, 10MM, 40 SW, 38 Sp. 357Mag, 45 Win Mag, 7.92x59 Mauser, 7.62x39, and 7.62x54R. Great selection of bullets is also a factor.

Back
Top Bottom