• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Current reloading manuals?

I hate new manuals. Their load data s*cks.
Old stuff has more stuff, loads that are not printed anymore.

I have the Lyman 50th behind my work computer.

It is "OK".

View attachment 838202
Yup, I have the 50th too and it feels very... light on data. I have no interest in the rifle section, which is like 70% of the manual, so I'm only looking for older handgun manuals now. Even the Hornady manual is pretty lame, they have data for bullets they no longer manufacture, so it's like, what good is this to me if I can't buy your fukking bullets anymore?

If I need rifle load data for the few I would load for I can pull that off the internet and do this thing called CNTL+P and turn a device called a printer on that takes a digital image and turns it into a physical one via ink nozzles. Even better, I could take a picture of the screen with my phone, or I could pick up this relic called a pencil that uses graphite contained in the core which after sharpening it to a point will transmit the graphite onto a highly compressed piece of wood pulp.

I really like the sierra manual. I like how instead of start and max charge weights, they show an array of charges and resultant velocities, what was the most accurate powder and load. Sure you still need to do your own testing and development with your gear. But i do like the reference data.
Load data is only on sierra bullets though.

Edit: its been out since 2019, so not as current as OP was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom