Where to get water storage barrel in Boston area

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Anyone know of a good place to get a 55-gallon size water barrel and spigot for
emergency water storage, that's local to Boston metro west?

If you want to put the spigot in yourself...check with Hiltonizer. I just got 5 from him, good clean barrels sans spigot.

... and getting more this week.... nice meeting you and the husband by the way T3!

OP, I get them for free from my work... truck them home to my storage unit. You just need to come grab them after 6:30 on weekdays or during my broad availability on weekends... depending where you are, I can meet up as long as its on my route home when I have them on me.

If I felt it was worth my time to sell them for more money with spigots and such for rain barrels, I would... but I sell them just in like new condition for $40 depending on how many you need.

All it takes to modify them is to pop a hole for each spigot, and fill it with a $3 spigot from HD.

Shoot me a PM and I'll put you on the list... I should have some to spare this week as my company is running a batch that requires a few dozen of them. I'm getting as many of them as I can to NES'ers cheap before I fill my storage unit and toss them on Craigslist for more dough.

Last edited:
You can also check with your local DPW. I know that one town is offering them to residents for $30-35 each. No idea if they have spigots or not.

OP, I get them for free from my work... truck them home to my storage unit. You just need to come grab them after 6:30 on weekdays or during my broad availability on weekends... depending where you are, I can meet up as long as its on my route home when I have them on me.

Shoot me a PM and I'll put you on the list... I should have some to spare this week as my company is running a batch that requires a few dozen of them. I'm getting as many of them as I can to NES'ers cheap before I fill my storage unit and toss them on Craigslist for more dough.

+1 to you...PM inbound.

If you live in central MA klems will order Ace rain barrels for you. Just email Kim on their website or ask when you are shopping there.

I will be getting a rainbarrel or two that my scout troop is putting together from donated food grade drums. But they will go behind the house where you can not see the drums. Functional but not that appealing.

The one Klems has is something I can put in the front of the house. Costs $90.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3336586&CAWELAID=270950876

I can also supply water storage barrels, white food grade 60 gallon plastic ones. PM me if your other sources don't work out, or check for my For Sale post on here.

Back
Top Bottom