Where to get surplus 30-06 by next Saturday?

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
Just realized that I need more 30-06 ammo for the Appleseed shoot. Any suggestions on a local (or not so local) gunshop I can pick up some surplus at?

Last time I was in M.A.D. in Greenfield I noticed he had some CMP 30.06 in stock. He also had a whole box of 30.06 loaded on clips too.

Guess so, is that legal? I think the boxes said LC(Lake City) on them. Don't remember how much he was charging for the boxes. For the clips I think it was $3.00 for one, don't know if it was LC or the greek stuff.

*edit*

Just checked the CMP website and I'm 99% sure the boxes were CMP M2 Ball, looked exactly like the boxes in this pic
viewImage.aspx

Last edited:
So a dealer is whoring out CMP ammo?

I have noticed Greek in spam cans on a few websites.As far as I know,this was against the agreement the person signed when purchasing the ammo.But then again,if anyone buys Greek at a 50% markup from a dealer....You can still get old LC surplus that has never seen the CMP.Now if you find LC with the CMP logo on the back of the box...

theres a gun show in concord nh this weekend...
Worth a try; only problem is I can't get there until Sunday. Hopefully I won't be too bruised from paintball on Saturday.

Daves in NH has some,expensive.I think it was $.40 a round.

How much do you need ?
Ouch... 400 rounds.

Last time I was in M.A.D. in Greenfield I noticed he had some CMP 30.06 in stock.
M. A. D.? [quick read in the gun shops forum]

Ah, I see. Montague Ammo Depot, and it seems that he has surplus ammo. I'll have to try and give him a call. Along with Bron Classic Firearms and K&R Target Sports when he reopens for the season on Wednesday.

Thanks for all the help. I should be able to find something will all these great suggestions!

Last edited:
Damn,I was going to help you out..but 400 rounds is a lot.I thought you needed like 50 or 60..LOL

If you are set on doing the shoot with 30-06,I saw on the FS website that they have bandos for $30,still expensive though.If you place an order now through CMP,you could probably get the ammo in 2 weeks.Even at CMP prices,you are still looking at over $100.

You wanna borrow a 10/22 :p

Last edited:
Heh, I was in the exact same spot a year ago trying to feed my dad's rifle. A little more expensive than the mini mag, eh? Jump on Fred's offer. :)

Back
Top Bottom