Where to get bulk dental floss?

Mainer

NES Member
Jim Rawles, in Patriots, mentions bulk dental floss (Navy surplus).

I've tried the Google route to locate some, but to no avail. The best deal I've found, from memory, was PHO floss at 100 yards, although I can't recall the price per roll let alone who was selling it.

Does anyone have a source for bulk floss of any kind (waxed or not, flavored or not, etc)

Thanks,
-ed

PS: I would have asked my dentist today when I was there for a cleaning, but he's in Florida on vacation and the situation would have been awkward with his substitute. Speaking of which, is it normal to take 7 xrays of the same tooth? [shocked]

Only when there is something seriously wrong with the tooth, like gangrene! [laugh]

Damn! There goes my only remaining tooth! All the more reason for the rest of the family to floss. [wink]

Still looking for bulk, though, if anyone knows of where to locate it in anything more than 100 yd increments.

What purpose is there for that much dental floss?

7 x-rays of the same tooth? If you're doing a root canal, sure.

What purpose is there for that much dental floss?

7 x-rays of the same tooth? If you're doing a root canal, sure.

Actually, the substitute couldn't work the Xray machine. When it does fire, the gun will hum for a second or two then turn off with an audible click. After the second x-ray failed to develop, I think she started dialing in until she finally got it right (6 fails, 1 fire). I wasn't worried, I had lead covering all the right places. [laugh]

As to how much is enough, that's a good question. I don't know. Barter perhaps? I've got a copy of what is labeled as the LDS Preparedness Manual. It contains a list based on a family of 2/3 adults and 2/3 children which lists items to have on hand for between a 30 day to one year crisis. I'd rather believe that there's reason to prepare for a 7 year crisis (tribulation) as opposed to just the 1. That being said, floss is on the list right next to wooden spoons (figuratively speaking, that is).

Thanks everyone.

Specil Thanks dsm,

Who would have thunk it re ebay. Maybe I can even find a spare tooth on auction.

and K-Dub,

Ayup! A mainer in need of winter trip wire! :)

-ed

Back
Top Bottom