• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

People turning to cannibalism in Buffalo

Sure there is, you've just not learned or been taught how. I understand being acclimated to the cooler/cold weather but your body will adapt. I went from MA mild summers to intense Kentucky heat and humidity, June July and August for basic training. Then from cold South Korean winter to Ft Hood Texas, 110 F in the shade.

Meat can be salted and dried. The key is not to kill more than will be consumed in a short period of time. Stick with small animals or larger animals to be distributed out to a larger group.
How do you think all the southern Indian tribes survived.....they weren't strictly vegetarians. People have lived in oppressive heat and humidity without electricity for thousands of years.....and still do, you'll adapt I assure you. It might be inconvenient but you'll adapt.
You just need to find a way to stretch out that meat supply:

View: https://youtu.be/uewOhK-MSjc

dry run...
Sorry... I meant "dry rub"... thinking.png

Homemade-Rub-Recipe-for-Pork-Chops-1.jpg

They knew the storm was coming for at least a week.
Good thing all my prescriptions are 3 months supply.
We always keep a large supply of tylenol and motrin, canned goods, gasoline and a cord of wood.

It is surprising to me how unprepared people are for even a few days without groceries. You wouldn't need a serious supply of emergency foods. You could get by with a couple large boxes of bisquick and some maple syrup for at a least a week.

When we lived in CT, we prepared for Nor'Easters, here in GA we stay prepared for hurricanes.

The preps are pretty much the same, with the exception of having plenty of firewood and pellets for the stoves in CT.

Generator in the garage, that's tested regularly. 20 gallons of gas for it, with stabilizer in it.
Canned goods and dry goods in the pantry.
Water, bottled and in jerry cans, in the garage.
Bourbon, rum and vodka in the garage.
At least a months worth of meds on hand, plus plenty of first aid stuff.
I've got portable heaters, both electrical and propane powered, and I've got propane bottles; (never really thought I'd need them here - but...)

Standard fridge/freezer in the kitchen, another fullsize freezer in the garage, and a chest freezer in the foyer, (it used to live in the garage, until we replaced it with the full size one, then we never got rid of it - and it's full). Generator will power these appliances, and I have the cords to reach them.

Grill and griddle in the screen room, propane for both and spares.

I hit the grocery store once a week or so, but that's for fresh fruits/vegetables - I can skip them for a week if need be.

It is surprising to me how unprepared people are for even a few days without groceries. You wouldn't need a serious supply of emergency foods. You could get by with a couple large boxes of bisquick and some maple syrup for at a least a week.
We'd be crying at the boring selection after a week or so, but we'd be eating.

If your business is in a place where you need a gun to protect it, then guess what? You're in the wrong place. It's time to move on.

And that criteria should have been long since determined before the notion of even opening a store in the location even crossed one's mind.

There's a reason why "food deserts" exist......they are not profitable in areas where they are shoplifted out of existence.

If your business is in a place where you need a gun to protect it, then guess what? You're in the wrong place. It's time to move on.
Yup.

I hear people say “I wouldn’t gi there without a gun” and all i can think/say is “don’t go there”.

If yiu think you need a gun to go somewhere, then think of somewhere else to go.

That’s not to be confused with “carry a gun everywhere you go”.

And that criteria should have been long since determined before the notion of even opening a store in the location even crossed one's mind.

There's a reason why "food deserts" exist......they are not profitable in areas where they are shoplifted out of existence.

Yes but theres more than one cause. Not just crime.

Some food deserts exist just because the residents are f***ing skinflints. 🤣

Nope what I was saying is that i dont think that diet doesn't make sustainable energy from them at all if you have to resort to eating that diet

Wasn't clear.

Back to your fantasy.

I'll stick to hunting real food if it gets to this

It won’t take very long before the critters that people like and or are willing to eat start to get pretty scarce. The cats, squirrels, and deer probably go first and there will probably be a lot of waste with the bigger critters like deer and bear as few remember how to dry and can for long term storage.

My preps were acquired to soon. Obam’s 2008 America was my trigger time. I built a pantry in a spare room and filled it. Now it’s mostly empty and I’m a sick and tired shell of a man. I hope I’m one of the ones that go quickly in the first 3 months. Here’s to all you young guys! The cannibalism and Mad Max future belongs to you!!

That’s the tough thing with preps. You need to prep the items that you like to eat and rotate them. But @Uzi2 is spot on when he says.;”Yes, a plate of anything nutritional beats an empty plate.“

The lack of life extending meds, as mentioned above, and safe potable water will also in droves.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom