• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to find

Anyone got a link on mag baseplates for macro mags? I picked up a 365 x and that came with a 17 rounder. Id like to swap the plate so i can put it in my macro

Anyone got a link on mag baseplates for macro mags? I picked up a 365 x and that came with a 17 rounder. Id like to swap the plate so i can put it in my macro
Doesn't the 17 stick out? XL's come with a 12 or 15rd, but Macros from what I remember have a flat base, so it should sit below the grip on an XL. Or, try here:

Doesn't the 17 stick out? XL's come with a 12 or 15rd, but Macros from what I remember have a flat base, so it should sit below the grip on an XL. Or, try here:

The 17 sticks out of the xl frame but not the macro so the grip module blocks it from inserting

If you haven’t yet take a look around the TacDev website. They make their own baseplates/conversion for all of the 365 models. Product and customer service was great for me when changing over from a 365 lower (original 10 rd mags) that needed to fit into an XL lower.

If you haven’t yet take a look around the TacDev website. They make their own baseplates/conversion for all of the 365 models. Product and customer service was great for me when changing over from a 365 lower (original 10 rd mags) that needed to fit into an XL lower.

They are a rip-off, and their CS sucks. I bought 4. 3 fit well and slipped into, and dropped free, from the Macro magwell. The 4th could be pushed in (snug fit), and had to be manually pulled out. With shipping, each one came to about $29.50 (on top of the price of a 10rd mag). I reached out to TacDev and asked for a replacement, since it was "out of spec" or a refund. They played email/message tag for a couple of weeks, wanting more photos of the part and a description. In the end, I had to go through my credit card company for a dispute to get a refund. Part of the reason I got rid of the Macro. The Ebay link above has ones that are half the price. I haven't tried them yet (so I can't speak to quality), but am planning on getting a Macro again since it fits my hand so well.

I mis-interpreted the OP's post, thinking he was putting the 17rd mag into an XL. I now understand that he meant it had the baseplate meant to cover the gap on a shorter-gripped XL, and would not fit into the Macro as such.

They are a rip-off, and their CS sucks. I bought 4. 3 fit well and slipped into, and dropped free, from the Macro magwell. The 4th could be pushed in (snug fit), and had to be manually pulled out. With shipping, each one came to about $29.50 (on top of the price of a 10rd mag). I reached out to TacDev and asked for a replacement, since it was "out of spec" or a refund. They played email/message tag for a couple of weeks, wanting more photos of the part and a description. In the end, I had to go through my credit card company for a dispute to get a refund. Part of the reason I got rid of the Macro. The Ebay link above has ones that are half the price. I haven't tried them yet (so I can't speak to quality), but am planning on getting a Macro again since it fits my hand so well.

I mis-interpreted the OP's post, thinking he was putting the 17rd mag into an XL. I now understand that he meant it had the baseplate meant to cover the gap on a shorter-gripped XL, and would not fit into the Macro as such.
That’s too bad. I ordered several also, all but one fit, it wouldn’t lock in. I contacted them, explained the issue, they asked for some photos of the base which I sent and they sent me another the next day. Had no issues with them. As far as I can tell they’re 3D printed but look and work fine.

He did explain that they ask for photos because they’ve had a few people put them on wrong and then once corrected the problem was solved. I can see that happening with the amount of morons in the world. Anyway I used them once for several base conversions and have no complaints at all.

I too have had good luck with Tac Dev products and service.

Some of their products are now stocked at Mass Firearms if you want to see before you buy.

I too have had good luck with Tac Dev products and service.

Some of their products are now stocked at Mass Firearms if you want to see before you buy.
Yeah thatd be a bit of a ride. I emailed sig I'm hoping they just send me one considering ive owned at least 10 sigs in my life a base plate would just make a customer happy lol

I'll order something offline it they don't send one

That’s too bad. I ordered several also, all but one fit, it wouldn’t lock in. I contacted them, explained the issue, they asked for some photos of the base which I sent and they sent me another the next day. Had no issues with them. As far as I can tell they’re 3D printed but look and work fine.

He did explain that they ask for photos because they’ve had a few people put them on wrong and then once corrected the problem was solved. I can see that happening with the amount of morons in the world. Anyway I used them once for several base conversions and have no complaints at all.
Yup. Sent the photos. Answered all questions. Contacted them 3 or 4 times. F*** them.

Back
Top Bottom