Where or how can I get this lower?

Boghog1

NES Member
EZQfgaU.jpg

Google custom ar engraving . There's a few company's you can shop a lower to or they sell you a new lower with what you want on it . The first few I checked out off that logo already .

I've been wanting to do a gizmo/gremlin theme lower I just don't know how to make the art work files .

Engraving machines (milling machines) require vector artwork (lines, circles, arc segments, and other mathematically defined graphics primitives.)
Lasers can work with raster (pixel, or bitmap) artwork (look up laser engraving of photographs) OR vectors, but vectors are far better for lineart as pictured in this thread, as multiple passws of the same lines can be used to create deeper laser etching.

There exists raster-to-vector conversion softwares that will take a good, clean sketch and do edge detection (and other algorithms) that can make line segments from pixels, altho a great deal of manual cleanup will be required if you want vectors 'clean' enough for a milling machine.

Engraving machines (milling machines) require vector artwork (lines, circles, arc segments, and other mathematically defined graphics primitives.)
Lasers can work with raster (pixel, or bitmap) artwork (look up laser engraving of photographs) OR vectors, but vectors are far better for lineart as pictured in this thread, as multiple passws of the same lines can be used to create deeper laser etching.

There exists raster-to-vector conversion softwares that will take a good, clean sketch and do edge detection (and other algorithms) that can make line segments from pixels, altho a great deal of manual cleanup will be required if you want vectors 'clean' enough for a milling machine.

I know the file types I just don't got the software or the skills to make this work .
4eryry2u.jpg

I know it would look more basic then that but my art work isn't in the style if want for the lower .

That image is pure raster... Laser etching of photographs on black anodized will get you there:
http://www.wausauawards.com/exterior-signs.htm#baa
http://www.liberty-laser.com/html/product-dogtag.html

The operators of such services could tell you, but I imagine that you would need to convert to greyscale and reduce the number of shades of gray to some small number.
As for file types, if you stick with raster then any 'ol JPEG, GIF, EPS, PS, or other raster type can be converted and imported into the laser controller.

Back
Top Bottom