Where / how to buy AR lowers?

I'm thinking of buying one or more AR lowers to get ahead of the potential AWB. If I'm doing this, what do I need to know or look for? Are certain makes/models better than others? Who stocks them? What should I be considering.

I could buy a complete version too I guess. I thought grabbing up several lowers might not hurt though.

Thoughts?

Can't really tell if this is Mass compliant on their site.

Living in the People's Republic of Massachusetts makes getting the guns you want problematic.

There was a thread on here recently about who the real manufacturers are of the different AR lowers. The answer is that there are not as many true "manufacturers" (forging houses) - as there are brands.

There are only two "models" of AR lower - one that fits 5.56 - and you can also get lowers for .308 AR's.

To buy a lower you just have to find a shop that has some in stock. I bought two from Four Seasons in Woburn a couple of weeks ago. They have a waiting list so if you want one that would be a good place to check out.
I believe they can get different brands - but the brand I got was DPMS.

Do a search for "AR Lowers" here on NES - you will find a bunch of hits.

Most of the well known brands are decent quality. You probably can't go wrong with DPMS, Bushmaster, or Rock River.

If you get a stripped AR lower - it is MA compliant. If you get a built up lower - you should not get one with an adjustable stock. Putting an adjustable stock on an AR in MA makes the rifle non-compliant.

Once you get around to getting an upper you can mail order them sometimes. Problem is that many places only sell uppers with flash hiders. You would have to get an upper with a muzzle brake in order for your complete rifle to be MA compliant.

its not but fear not. Just ask about an ACE skeleton stock or the like and ask to trade for a 10rnd mag.

Other option speak with Pete at Legal Transfers.

Again, there is a mad rush for AR parts so finding what you want will be hard.

Back
Top Bottom