• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where Have All The Lowers Gone?

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
In light of several recent events, I thought it might be wise to at least have a stripped lower or two hanging around the safe. I've never done a build before, and probably won't till the summer. After cruising around the web, I've come to a few conclusions, but still have some questions. There's barely any out there, and the ones that are, are outrageously priced. Every site I go to has "backorder" or "out of stock" plastered about everywhere. Is the problem that they can't make them fast enough? They're forged, so how long can they take? Or are they intentionally creating a false shortage to drive up prices? I'm just a little unnerved that there's a few things I want and can't seem to find right now.

In light of several recent events, I thought it might be wise to at least have a stripped lower or two hanging around the safe. I've never done a build before, and probably won't till the summer. After cruising around the web, I've come to a few conclusions, but still have some questions. There's barely any out there, and the ones that are, are outrageously priced. Every site I go to has "backorder" or "out of stock" plastered about everywhere. Is the problem that they can't make them fast enough? They're forged, so how long can they take? Or are they intentionally creating a false shortage to drive up prices? I'm just a little unnerved that there's a few things I want and can't seem to find right now.

I have a few in my safe that haven't been built up yet. I might let one go for say....

26525882.jpg

I picked up two new Rock River complete lowers with two stage triggers on sale Friday on line that I snapped up. Brownell's and Midway USA I think are back ordered on all lowers. Four Seasons had some stripped lowers but after Saturday I bet they're gone too.

I just picked up a Noveske Gen II lower and LPK online at near dealer prices for a long term build I'm working on. Rainier has some zombie lowers left in stock at 135 last I checked. All depends on budget and Internet foo.

As for a good standard lower to put away, that DGW group buy sure looks genius now, doesn't it?

It has nothing to do with recent events, there have been shortages for the past year, and that has really nothing to do with pricing. I ordered four lowers back last March at dealer pricing, and they just came in November.

Once you get the lower, your next obstacle will most definitely be finding a BCG, and depending on what your specs are, perhaps an upper assembly as well.

I guess you've missed all of the stripped lower group buys that have been going down lately. I ran one about a month ago and they came out to like $66 bucks each including shipping.

http://www.lrbarms.com/ar15receivers.html

Maybe it's time for someone to run another cheap lower buy.

Last edited:
So glad I got in on the DGW group buy last month. All parts are getting scarce, though. I am accumulating parts for my third build, and there are some long waits out there for decent components.

My billet buy will be running by Wednesday.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

My billet buy will be running by Wednesday.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

I'll probably be jumping on that.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you've missed all of the stripped lower group buys that have been going down lately. I ran one about a month ago and they came out to like $66 bucks each including shipping.

http://www.lrbarms.com/ar15receivers.html

Maybe it's time for someone to run another cheap lower buy.

I totally missed those few. I had just bought a new rifle and didn't have the funds. I would love to be part of another cheap lower buy in the $65-75 range.

I'll probably be jumping on that.

I would. A ton of the manufacturers I got in touch with emphasized how important it was to move fast, they are running third shifts on the machines trying to keep up with demand.

Any gun show I have been to lately has them available for $100-$125.

Back
Top Bottom