Where Do You Shop in MA for Reloading Supplies?

The only thing I buy in Ma is bullets and I get them from Ralph at reloadsnmore. I'd call Four seasons and Blue Northern if I wanted to shop in Ma.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned State Line in Mason, NH. Pretty convenient to Worcester County, and a good selection. Also lots of used stuff. It's packed in there, but there's a lot of it. Blue Northern is close by and also worth a look; last time I bought primers from Blue Northern their per-100 prices stank but if you bought a box of 1000 they weren't bad at all.

Closer to Boston, Collector's in Stoneham also usually has the basics and moderately reasonable pricing.

That said, Riley's is indeed awesome. Even before shipping they beat than Midway's FFL pricing for a lot of stuff.

KTP is not the bargain bin it once was - Sure the service and knowledge is there but getting a almost brandy new [item] for super cheap is not anymore. Whether it be a firearm, chamois shirt or fly rod - the deals are hard to come by there period.

The knowledge can be priceless or free advise can be worth the price you pay.

Overall, I'm disappointed with KTP even before Cabelas opened - KTP tightened up like a clam well before the midwest moved to southern mass. Don't get me wrong, my Jeep drives there on it's own some days and I still thrill at the discovery of some forgotten relic of a hunt from once-a-time but the KTP from 10 years ago is there only in shadows.

That said, I think there's enough info here for a sticky post - hopefully mods agree

I don't think that it's reasonable to go into some stores and ask for advice. The person working the shift might or might not know anything about what their department deals with.
I've been in Cabelas when the guy from behind the gun counter was repeating reloading advice that he heard from someone else, and it was way off base.

I used to make the drive to KTP from Mass years ago, when they were one of the few places that had sufficient reloading supplies. I don't even bother looking there, even though I am now even closer than I was then. They do have some Dillon parts, hidden under a counter. That was a find!

They're way out of touch with regard to stocked bullets. Barely anything worth looking at.

Last time I went to KTP, other then their Dillon presses for sale, I only saw a couple of Dillon accessories, like the shell holder and quick change stand. bought some Rainer bullets from them. 500 115gr plated 9mm

Brian Enos is my new supplier for Dillon parts.

I don't think that it's reasonable to go into some stores and ask for advice. The person working the shift might or might not know anything about what their department deals with.
I've been in Cabelas when the guy from behind the gun counter was repeating reloading advice that he heard from someone else, and it was way off base.

I used to make the drive to KTP from Mass years ago, when they were one of the few places that had sufficient reloading supplies. I don't even bother looking there, even though I am now even closer than I was then. They do have some Dillon parts, hidden under a counter. That was a find!

They're way out of touch with regard to stocked bullets. Barely anything worth looking at.

Last week I went to Al's Gun Store in Derry NH. They had all primers and a huge assortment of powder. And the firearm selection was amazing! Freedon Arms, Pendersoli, Mini Sharps rifles....on and on. Amazing little store right off Rt93

Al's Gun & Reel Shop Inc
5 Linwood Avenue
Derry, NH 03038-2222
(603) 432-2708

Bass Pro in Foxboro has finally completed setting up their reloading section and while it's not perfect it is pretty good for around these parts. Lots of presses available, looks like all the major brands mentioned here are represented, some cases, powder and bullets are finally out as well (though rifles are much better represented than pistol [sad2] ), decent mix of dies (some brands better than others) and misc. accessories - even a few reload books to go with the bullets that they are carrying. Pricing seems to be as one might expect, not the cheapest, but reasonable enough for being in MA and no shipping or haz/mat charges - I picked up a box of 100 Hornady XTP 180gr. 40/10mm bullets for $23. (no 500 or 1000 quantities available). And they posted a sign for Winchester and CCI primers being available behind the counter, didn't check the price.

Definitely worth checking out if you don't have a trip scheduled for out of state, and are in need.

Last edited:
Last week I went to Al's Gun Store in Derry NH. They had all primers and a huge assortment of powder. And the firearm selection was amazing! Freedon Arms, Pendersoli, Mini Sharps rifles....on and on. Amazing little store right off Rt93

Al's Gun & Reel Shop Inc
5 Linwood Avenue
Derry, NH 03038-2222
(603) 432-2708

I've heard good things about this store for a few years now especially if you reload for shotguns.

last time I bought primers from Blue Northern their per-100 prices stank but if you bought a box of 1000 they weren't bad at all.

You can buy primers 100 at a time? I don't buy anything locally. It helps to live 10 minutes from the border and have friends in NH.

You can buy primers 100 at a time? I don't buy anything locally. It helps to live 10 minutes from the border and have friends in NH.

This is how BPS is selling them, by the 100. The prices are way out of wack, I didn't see any 1000 buy discounts. But, the guy behind the counter said this was all new and even BPS wanted feedback on what to get and so on. I mentioned that he needed to stock WIN 231 as there wasn't a spot for it so he wrote it down, now the wait to see if they get it.

I can't remember the last time I bought a mere sleeve of primers. I might get away with it for LR, but that's about it.

FWIW, NET had a shelf full of primers this afternoon, including the elusive SP and SR primers.

There were many powders in stock, but Trail Boss is still on order.

BPS had one last night.
I was checking it out, how good is it? Seems to be cheap enough but I couldn't find any load data using it yet.

Trail Boss is a powder that kind of looks like tiny washers. It was developed for use with reduced loads like for CAS. Previously using less powder increased chances of double charging the case while loading or having the powder not being the bottom of the case near the primer when firing. It is also being used with rifle loads now anytime reduced loads are desired.
(BTW if you load it on a Dillon press switch to the large charging bar for more consistent measurements.)

http://www.imrpowder.com/trailboss.html

I stopped by NicK' Sport Shop in Palmer, MA very impressive. They carry just about everything, powder, primers, presses, brass , bullets.
one of the better supplied stores I have seen

Stopped by Bass Pro in Foxboro and they have a pretty good selection of powders, bullets, dies etc..... Picked up 4F and 2F Goex for my new Blunderbuss (Thanks Tommy!).... Had smokeless out on the shelf but keep the BP and primers out back so you have to ask.....

A bit on the high side price wise but would be worth a look if you are in the area....

Last edited:
Stopped by Bass Pro in Foxboro and they have a pretty good selection of powders, bullets, dies etc..... Picked up 4F and 2F Goex for my new Blunderbuss (Thanks Tommy!).... Had smokeless out on the shelf but keep the BP and primers out back so you have to ask.....

A bit on the high side price wise but would be worth a look if you are in the area....

But not on everything... I picked up a bottle of Blue Dot at FS 3 or 4 weeks ago for $20, which seemed reasonable. Then was in Bass Pro a week later and found it there for the exact same price. And it's 30 or so minutes closer to the house. And doesn't have nearly as many tempting "toys" as Carl does [wink]

Back
Top Bottom