• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where Do You Shop in MA for Reloading Supplies?

I'm just getting into reloading. Within the past 3 weeks I've been to four gun stores looking for stuff. Each had a little something but not a lot.

Rather than continue to play this hit or miss game and burn more gas I'll ask the NES community. Where do you shop for reloading supplies? What store have you found to be the best for reloading?

My Findings (abbreviated and unscientific)

1. Middleboro Gun Store (Middleboro, MA) - Powder, Bullets, Brass, Primers and tools. The most I've seen in a store to date. I also saw lead ingots there. I do not cast bullets but it got me thinking.

2. Northeast Trading Co (N. Attleboro, MA) - Powder, Primers, Bullets, Shot and other misc stuff. Pretty decent selection of stuff but slim IMHO overall.

3. Bob's Guns and Archery (Webster, MA) - Small Pistol Primers (that was my focus that day sorry). Some powders I did not recognise and shotgun reloading stuff. Slim on the reloading supplies.

4. The Gun Room (Shewsbury, MA) -- Some gnarly looking old brass and plastic cases for rounds. pretty sad really.

Last edited:
I'm just getting into reloading. Within the past 3 weeks I've been to four gun stores looking for stuff. Each had a little something but not a lot.

Rather than continue to play this hit or miss game and burn more gas I'll ask the NES community. Where do you shop for reloading supplies? What store have you found to be the best for reloading?

1. Marlboro Gun Store (Marlboro, MA) - Powder, Bullets, Brass, Primers and tools. The most I've seen in a store to date. I also saw lead ingots there. I do not cast bullets but it got me thinking.

2. Northeast Trading Co (N. Attleboro, MA) - Powder, Primers, Bullets, Shot and other misc stuff. Pretty decent selection of stuff but slim IMHO overall.

3. Bob's Guns and Archery (Webster, MA) - Small Pistol Primers (that was my focus that day sorry). Some powders I did not recognise and shotgun reloading stuff. Slim on the reloading supplies.

4. The Gun Room (Shewsbury, MA) -- Some gnarly looking old brass and plastic cases for rounds. pretty sad really.

Check out .FIRST DEFENSE FIREARMS in Uxbridge,Ma...

http://www.heritagegunandcoin.com/

Heritage Gun and Coin in West Warwick, RI had a HUGE inventory of reloading supplies when I viisted there a few weeks ago. He buys in bulk. He had many dozens of four to eight pound containers of great powders, and hundreds of one pounders. Primers too. And something like 15 tons of lead.

If you're looking to stock up it is worth the drive. I'd call first if you're looking for something specific. Good guys too.

In MA I've gone to Nick's Sport Shop in Palmer a few times and they usually have a decent selection. I usually get my supplies in CT, though.

1. Marlboro Gun Store (Marlboro, MA) - Powder, Bullets, Brass, Primers and tools. The most I've seen in a store to date. I also saw lead ingots there. I do not cast bullets but it got me thinking.

(1) Do you mean Callaghan's Firearms in Marlborough, or some other store I don't know about?

You could try Sparky's in Webster, too, since it's like 3 miles from Bob's, where you've already been. It's more like a social club than a store, but they've had reloading stuff there in the past.

55_grain

It is tough finding anything in decent quantities of anything at decent prices in MA. Bob's is good for a few things and Blue Northern in Ayer is also usually well stocked. Nobody stocks bulk .223 bullets and I'm not going to spend $20+ for a box of one hundred. I use my NH address to order from Midway, NatchezSS, Wideners, TNT, Cheaper than Dirt, and Graf's. I had to get a Bank Card with the NH address on it because they wouldn't ship to a different address from my billing address and also wouldn't take a Mass issued bank card for ammo or components.

Check out .FIRST DEFENSE FIREARMS in Uxbridge,Ma...

Not much here. I went last night.

If you want lead bullets, this guy is in Stoneham, Mass:

http://www.reloadsnmore.com/order.html

You can go and pick bullets up from him, but because of our idiotic regulations, he can't ship bullets to his own state.

Thanks I'll be buying here.

http://www.heritagegunandcoin.com/

Heritage Gun and Coin in West Warwick, RI had a HUGE inventory of reloading supplies when I viisted there a few weeks ago. He buys in bulk. He had many dozens of four to eight pound containers of great powders, and hundreds of one pounders. Primers too. And something like 15 tons of lead.

If you're looking to stock up it is worth the drive. I'd call first if you're looking for something specific. Good guys too.

I work in Providence sometimes. I'll be stopping here on my way home, in a roundabout way, next time. Paying 7% sales tax annoys me though. Thanks.

(1) Do you mean Callaghan's Firearms in Marlborough, or some other store I don't know about?

You could try Sparky's in Webster, too, since it's like 3 miles from Bob's, where you've already been. It's more like a social club than a store, but they've had reloading stuff there in the past.

55_grain

My bad. Middleboro NOT Marlboro. I'll edit the original post to fix the mistake.

Also, I will never visit Sparky's in Webster again. I'm used to rude and or cranky ex-LEOs that have no people skills at various gun stores in New England. Sparky's was beyond that and will not get my business.

I work in Providence sometimes. I'll be stopping here on my way home, in a roundabout way, next time. Paying 7% sales tax annoys me though. Thanks.

7% tax but the lowest prices you will see anywhere and selection too. I'm in there couple times a week. Worth the ride any time
Dave

If you want lead bullets, this guy is in Stoneham, Mass:

http://www.reloadsnmore.com/order.html

You can go and pick bullets up from him, but because of our idiotic regulations, he can't ship bullets to his own state.

If you need stuff today, Ralph has a table at the Wilmington Gun Show this weekend. Located in the back, far right corner of the room.
Great guy, easy to deal with and outstanding product and prices.

Lack of bulk supplies, decent prices and one stop shopping here in MA is keeping me from makeing the final plunge to reload for 30-06 and pistol.

Lack of bulk supplies, decent prices and one stop shopping here in MA is keeping me from makeing the final plunge to reload for 30-06 and pistol.

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. I can't speak to 30-06, but if you're inclined to shoot lead in your pistols, Ralph @ reloadsnmore has never failed me for bullets for 9mm, .38 and a variety of .45s. His prices can't be beat. North Shore Firearms almost always has primers and I understand Heritage in W. Warwick, RI seems to be a good source for powder. Buy in large quantities to cut down on mileage.

1. Middleboro Gun Store (Middleboro, MA) - Powder, Bullets, Brass, Primers and tools. The most I've seen in a store to date. I also saw lead ingots there. I do not cast bullets but it got me thinking.

[STRIKE]2. Northeast Trading Co (N. Attleboro, MA) - Powder, Primers, Bullets, Shot and other misc stuff. Pretty decent selection of stuff but slim IMHO overall.[/STRIKE]

Fixed.

Honestly, I just go to Riley's on the rare occasion I need supplies.

I don't buy any reloading supplies in MA anymore... or rarely any.

I second Riley's None of the stores in MA have reasonable prices on powder, primers, etc.... and with the exception of Reloads N More, most people selling bullets are way over on the price. I end up going to Riley's more often than not. Stateline guns/ammo/archery in Plaistow NH also has decent prices, but they don't have much of an inventory. (there are various kinds of powder there and some primers, though. )

-Mike

I don't buy any reloading supplies in MA anymore... or rarely any.

I second Riley's None of the stores in MA have reasonable prices on powder, primers, etc.... and with the exception of Reloads N More, most people selling bullets are way over on the price. I end up going to Riley's more often than not. Stateline guns/ammo/archery in Plaistow NH also has decent prices, but they don't have much of an inventory. (there are various kinds of powder there and some primers, though. )

-Mike

I went to Riley's in NH a couple days ago. After seeing the huge inventory I'm embarrassed to have even mentioned those other stores in MA. I cannot see myself shopping in MA again for supplies. I do plan on stopping at Heritage Gun and Coin in West Warwick, RI. I'd like to see what they have to offer.

Also, I bought 2 packs of 500 bullets from Reloads N More at Riley's. I do not see myself buying from another supplier for a long long time. Good Deal on those.

Jason

I went to Riley's in NH a couple days ago. After seeing the huge inventory I'm embarrassed to have even mentioned those other stores in MA. I cannot see myself shopping in MA again for supplies. I do plan on stopping at Heritage Gun and Coin in West Warwick, RI. I'd like to see what they have to offer.

Also, I bought 2 packs of 500 bullets from Reloads N More at Riley's. I do not see myself buying from another supplier for a long long time. Good Deal on those.

Jason

Am curious as to how Riley's compares to Heritage for inventory/pricing. Never been to either, but Heritage would be half the distance for me, though would consider the extra hour and a half round trip to Riley's, if it were worth it.

Am curious as to how Riley's compares to Heritage for inventory/pricing. Never been to either, but Heritage would be half the distance for me, though would consider the extra hour and a half round trip to Riley's, if it were worth it.

I went to Heritage on Saturday. First of all they were the nicest folks behind the counter I've ever seen at a gun store. Caught me completely off guard.

Heritage wins for shotgun reloading IMHO. They had more inventory for that segment than I've ever seen in one place. I'm not an expert in this area but I thought that all 25 lbs. bags of shot at $29 was a good deal.

Prices overall seemed comparable. However, RI has a 7% sales tax. So I think overall Riley's wins on pricing.

Also, Riley's has just a huge inventory of reloading supplies. Hands down if you make the trip you will not be disappointed.

Kittery has been a bit of a stuffed shirt lately. They really jacked prices and failed to maintain any kind of reloading inventory for a long time. The guys at the reloading counter were irritible and quick to blame people from Mass of hoarding reloading supplies. I haven't been there since September so maybe they've come back down to earth since.

Rileys has a great selection as does Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, ME.

Kittery is not even worth stopping in anymore for ammo/reloading stuff. I used to pick up plastic ammo boxes up there but even their stock of those things has sucked....

You know they've jumped the shark when Cabelas has cheaper prices on some of the stuff. (And better availability to boot).

-Mike

Kittery has been a bit of a stuffed shirt lately. They really jacked prices and failed to maintain any kind of reloading inventory for a long time. The guys at the reloading counter were irritible and quick to blame people from Mass of hoarding reloading supplies. I haven't been there since September so maybe they've come back down to earth since.

Surprised to hear that! I was helped multiple times by the guys in the reloading section they were very patient with me and knew I was a MA resident (complained about the ride!) and even complained about MA with me. I just started reloading so I don't know much about their prices...

Back
Top Bottom