When is my C&R license coming?

Cmon man you can tuck a Nagant revolver or a Tokarev somewhere!

Yeah, but the boss is starting to catch on to the collection. At least with ammo she doesn't know the difference between .223 and 7.62 or .45 and 9mm. She is starting to get familiar w/ the types of guns I have now, which totally blew the lid off of my shananigans.

Mine came a couple weeks ago. It was easily +110 days between submitting the app and receiving the license. It took about a dozen phone calls to in order to get things rolling. The last conversation went like this "<ATF>Oh it has been a while since you submitted your app. I'll pull your file and if everything is ok then I'll send you the license. <me> Just out of curiosity, how long would that take? <ATF> Shouldn't be more than a week." I had the license in my hand in 3 days. Call and ask for the MA representative to pull your file. You'll have it in no time.

Just got off the phone with Yolanda at ATF to give her my weekly B.S. talk. She still hasnt processed my backround check. She gave me the, " I'll see what I can do" line in order to get this done soon.

You virgins need to be glad you don't have it yet. Gives you more time to save your money because some stuff is getting expensive! [smile]

so, squeaky wheel gets the grease eh?

Anybody have Yolanda's contact info handy? I need to sweet talk that woman or at least annoy the heck out of her.[smile]

Call 404-417-2750. She told me late June, early July because they were running behind so I decided to call her once a week until she finally gave in.

Well I thought my C&R was here today. Seems like they are unable to process my application after almost 90 days since charging my account. The letter states that item 9 must provide the information of the responsible person(s). I provided in the spaces my name, my position (I put individual), address, citizenship,birthplace,DOB,race,sex and phone number. The only thing I did not provide was my social. I'm not sure what else they need. The letter makes it seem like I failed to fill out the entire section 9. I called Yolanda but no answer. Left a message. Maybe I'll end up with it some time in September.[angry]

The wait is over, it arrived yesterday.

Now to get a roll of stamps and start sending it out!

I know I wont get sources here, so any dealers to AVOID? (poor customer service, etc.)

The wait is over, it arrived yesterday.

Now to get a roll of stamps and start sending it out!

I know I wont get sources here, so any dealers to AVOID? (poor customer service, etc.)

This is one of my favorites. Edited out dealer link/JJ

If you sign up he'll put you on an email list and you'll get advance notice when he gets big C & R shipments. You have to act quickly though. He sells out within hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent in an application for a C&R last October, around the 20th, and didn't get it until a couple weeks into January. It seems to be hit or miss, you either get it real fast, or real slow. I wonder if it varies by the person who processes it, some being faster and others not...

But that's okay, save up money while you wait, anyone who applies for one, you'll need the money...

I just got the big package from them today and hopefully the FFL will be in the mail shortly. I applied way back in February!!

Update on a Renewal

Here's an update.
I sent my renewal in around end of March.
BATF ack. that they logged it in in early April.
My CnR expired 6/1.
After a phone call, they said it is in-process, but they would send me a letter extending my license for 6 mths.
I received said letter which also states if I have no license in 6 mths, they'll send another one for another 6 mths...

Wouldn't it just be quicker and easier to just process my renewal completely???
Our government at work...
[thinking]

I thought waiting for the C&R license was killing me with anticipation...
I've been waiting for a C&R handgun to come in the mail for about 2 weeks.
That's enough to drive a man nutty!!

2 WEEKS! I thought handguns needed to be shipped via overnight delivery? Maybe just the distributors?! Good luck and I'm sure it will be worth the wait!! [banana]

2 WEEKS! I thought handguns needed to be shipped via overnight delivery? Maybe just the distributors?! Good luck and I'm sure it will be worth the wait!! [banana]

I thought that as well. I think they held onto my check for a while, and then waited for it to clear before sending the item. either way I'm expecting it any day now.

I thought handguns needed to be shipped via overnight delivery?

They do, but a lot of dealers are confused and think it's ok to ship handguns to C&R FFL holders via standard USPS like they can to other FFL types. I've never been one to discourage the misunderstanding...

Back
Top Bottom