When is my C&R license coming?

I applied back in mid January, My debit card was charged on Feb 25th but nothing in the mail yet. I am worried all the CZ-82's will be gone by the time I get it[shocked]

In reality its not that big of a deal just figured I would vent. At least now I have the money saved up so I can buy a few guns as soon as I get it.[smile]

I've seen them take as long as 6 weeks. Judging by the time your debit card was charged, you should be expecting it around mid to late March.

I applied back in mid January, My debit card was charged on Feb 25th but nothing in the mail yet. I am worried all the CZ-82's will be gone by the time I get it[shocked]

In reality its not that big of a deal just figured I would vent. At least now I have the money saved up so I can buy a few guns as soon as I get it.[smile]

You can always have a friend with an 03 get the gun for you, and then transfer it to you when your 03 comes in.

It took me about 6 weeks to get mine. Paid for itself on my first purchase. [smile] BTW, don't forget, you will need to keep a log of all aquisitions and dispositions regardless of whether you used the C&R. In other words, if you purchase a C&R eligable firearm you need to log it. Check here for the forms to use for free.

http://m1carbineforum.forumco.com/topic~TOPIC_ID~1596.asp

Also, you can log onto my web site at www.mrjitters.net go to the m1downloads page and scroll to the bottom. [smile][wink][smile]

Do I also have to log my non C&R firearm purchases? Like if I buy a NIB gun from an FFL do I have to log it in a bound book? Obviously I do not do this now....Well I keep my receipts and everything but no bound book.....I just didn't know if the rules changed once I got a C&R?

I'd be wary of using those forms. They do not follow the required format as described in 27 CFR 478.125 (f). Please note that if you want to use alternate record formats, they have to be authorized in writing by the ATF Director of Industry Operations (See section (h) of above CFR).

Here is a post I made a while ago with a PDF page in the proper format, annoying little skinny columns and all.

Thanx!!! I did not know that. [shocked] I will readjust my thinking on this. Also, thanx for your .pdf So if I understand you correctly, the form you have supplied is approved for use by ATF? [smile][wink]

MrJ

www.mrjitters.net

Thanx!!! I did not know that. [shocked] I will readjust my thinking on this. Also, thanx for your .pdf So if I understand you correctly, the form you have supplied is approved for use by ATF? [smile][wink]

It's as exact a copy of what is in the CFR as I could make, so it shouldn't need approval. But no, I didn't actually check it with the ATF.

My cc was charged on Jan.17th for my C&R app. Still waiting, waiting, waiting..... I think the mailman is tired of me sitting outside everyday for him to come. [crying]

GOT IT TODAY![smile]

Congrats. Now you need to pick up a copy of Shotgun News, make copies and start faxing to C&R distributors.
Then when you've been de-flowered by that first long brown box[laugh], you can start checking out the gunboards WTS forums and gunbroker sites and really go rocketing into debt.

22 days since I mailed in the application. My Attention Deficit Disorder has now settled in and has taken over. Even worse, I'm leaving the quarry in Rockport where I'm cutting stone to rush home to Gloucester to check the mail. I'm losing my mind.

I think I'm at around 45 days....I try not to think about it

[hmmm]

ok, now I'm thinking about it.....

If it starts getting excessively long start calling them and harassing them a bit at the ATF. It's supposed to take up to 60 days to process the application. It's been about 90+ for me. I finally called the Massachusetts examiner there (again) and she pulled my file and said she'd send out the license if everything was all set. I'm quite sure some other NES members have done the same and have had success with that.

Called last week because my impatient A.D.D. ass couldnt wait any longer. They did receive my package, but supposedly, they're running behind on applications and was told to expect it around the end of June, beginning of July.[crying]

Back
Top Bottom