What's Your Snow Day Project?

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
While waiting for football and snow-blowing today, I'm taking the rifles down off the wall racks and wiping off the dust.

I know, it's not much, but I think they get lonely from time to time. After all, they're between 205 and 113 years old.

Mausers are next.

T

Attachments

• IMG_2087.jpg
    IMG_2087.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2088.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2090.jpg
    IMG_2090.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 109
While waiting for football and snow-blowing today, I'm taking the rifles down off the wall racks and wiping off the dust.

I know, it's not much, but I think they get lonely from time to time. After all, they're between 205 and 113 years old.

Mausers are next.

T

What's... going on on the screen in your first pic?

Going to hit Berkshire East and snag some powder. Not sure my out of shape body can handle two days but it'll be fun regardless.

Was up on a ladder re-stringing wire and replacing outside security cameras until the cold (couldn't feel my fingers), and the snow (starting to get slippery) drove me in. (I thought I'd have more time since I started at 9, but I guess it was starting when it wanted to start! :) Now it's sitting by the stove, restarting one of our office's network after a scheduled power cut.

What's... going on on the screen in your first pic?

History Channel; US Navy - they had gotten to WW2 and the Pacific.

Tired of feeling punished for doing good. Took care of the first 5 inches with the snow-blower in my driveway. I then did the neighbor's driveway (mom, grand-mom, son, no dad). Hit something and broke a sheer bolt. 15 minutes to find sheer bolt, 15 minutes to get it on.[banghead]

T

Went to the range this morning. Awesome time and had the 100 yard all to myself. Broke down my AR and gave it a rough cleaning. Now I am torn between catching up on a small house project, sitting by the fire and surfing the interweb or watching a movie...or taking a nap.....too many options, might have a beer.

Catching up on work paperwork.

Trying to figure out how to use a Maglula to get the last two rounds into some virgin Ruger SR1911 9 mm magazines.

I gave the muskets and the 1886 Winchester coats of Butcher's Wax and now I'm replacing and adjusting the belts on my Rockwell 11" metal lathe.

My morning was picking up the free Ruger LC9S at MFS I won on NES Christmas giveaway :^)

Then it was a game of .22 battleship using the Mk III before grocery shopping and snow work.

Putting in a new Panasonic whisper quiet bathroom vent fan (finally replacing the crappy ones that cheap electricians install).

We have 4" maybe 5" so far in N Central Mass. Blowing fairly hard and still coming down, so I'll wait to work on clearing anything. At least it's not coming down like wet concrete as is did the last two storms.

Already went skiing today at the Wa and made a few laps practicing on the race course- ski racing is my primary activity in the winter. My wife asked for help cleaning the house for a girl party next week. Hey, she buys me guns so I can help.

Won't get to it today but may try casting some .457" balls and the .30 cal Ranch dogs. I picked up a cheap hot plate to pre-heat the Ranch Dog mold- it really needs it to run the hollow points.

Might try steaming some dings out of a Garand stock I picked up. It's in decent shape but nothing special about it. Lock-up is only fair, not as tight as I'd like, so it will get bedded for the .308 Garand National Match clone I am building.

Lastly, I'm going to start some seeds for green chiles, poblanos, cherry peppers, a couple tomato plants, and some Carolina Reaper uber-hot peppers. I already set up a grow 'room' with the metal halide lights I picked up from Skysoldier. It's more like an alcove in the corner of the basement, with a couple of lights mounted on chains so that I can adjust the height. No, we are not growing weed. Hell, my college kids weren't even interested in that- or so they say...

Errands early on
Covered cars with tarps Before it started to snow. Makes it quick to clean them off later.
Putting puzzle together with daughter
Cookies baking in oven.
Chili cooking in crock pot
12 pack on deck staying nice and cold!
Movies I've recorded to watch tonight
sure beats working!!

Supposed to continue into tomorrow morning. About 10" total last time I was out. I'll go out once more after the first playoff game, and then finish tomorrow.

T

Finishing up my mid 50s HRA M1 stock refresh.
Just applied the 3 coat of tung oil to the guards and the 2nd to the stock.
If power holds out I'm going to attempt a Heater,hot water,oil tank, workshop , reloading , "my shit" Storage room clean out.

Took KC foglights off my truck and put them on my grizzly, went for a hike and shot my DD with the new surefire warcomp on it, now that its dark im going out on my quad.

Back
Top Bottom