• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats your favorite antique or old gun in your collection?

There has to be a ton of old guns out there in everyones collection. Lets see some old guns. Rifles, shotguns, revolvers, military. whats your favorite?

I don't ave allot of old guns left. Still, I have two that are favorites. Both S&W revolvers
First is a 1939' K-22 outdoors man. The gun is a joy to handle and very accurate. I once came in second out of 10 in a rimfire pistol shoot with the old girl. There were some shocked (and egg covered) faces as the final target was scored. :) Should have had first but that was another story. Here is a (poor) picture.

Then of course, there is the old Mossberg 151K that dad taught me to shoot with. That will ALWAYS be a favorite!

I have an AK from '79, does that count?
No.
My 1918 built Springfield 1903

Nice. I want one.

I don't ave allot of old guns left. Still, I have two that are favorites. Both S&W revolvers
First is a 1939' K-22 outdoors man. The gun is a joy to handle and very accurate. I once came in second out of 10 in a rimfire pistol shoot with the old girl. There were some shocked (and egg covered) faces as the final target was scored. :) Should have had first but that was another story. Here is a (poor) picture.

Then of course, there is the old Mossberg 151K that dad taught me to shoot with. That will ALWAYS be a favorite!
Nice. I love revolvers.

No pix handy, but it's a Parker V-grade, that was my dad's uncle's - Uncle Ben died in the Flu epidemic of 1918.

Gun was made in 1898. Not pretty in the "pretty" sense, as it's always been a "using" gun, but it has the Parker lines. And its history, of course.

The kids have already started arguing over who's gonna get it, when it's pried from my cold, dead hands.

[laugh]

Number 1 would be the Winchester 300 H&H Magnum I inherited when my father-in-law passed followed quickly by my Mannlicher Schoenauer 270 my mother-in-law owned. The Winchester was bought in the early 1950’s and the Mannlicher Schoenauer was purchased in 1957. I sure have great in-laws!

Certainly not the oldest but a couple of my favorites.

S&W Safety Hammerless .38 S&W from 1907 (AKA the lemon squeezer)
safetyhammerless3rdmodel%20800x370.jpg

1905 Colt New Police .32 as new.
web%20coltnp3.jpg

Last edited:
HPIM1909.JPG My SVT-40, 1941 built. German capture ( had name Kohl scratched on side of receiver), then recapture. Nice to shoot gun, I have all the accessories, bayonet...

1927 Savage model 99 Takedown. Still knocking deer down.

Attachments

• IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 36
My 1896 (Tula) Nagant. It's an M39, so the Finns captured it and then shot the Russians up with it during the Winter War and WWII.

Only the receiver is '86, rest of it is 1944.

I do have an all-original 1927 ex-dragoon though.

S&W .38 S&W lend lease made for British Commonwealth Forces in Feb/March 1942. Has Australian proof marks and had a "Thorough Factory Repair" in 1954 (arsenal rebuild). S&W purist collectors do not include these as Victory Models, but generically I would. Revolver has 5 inch barrel, commercial standard grips (original and ser # to the gun) Gun originally had brush polish blue finish most likely (ejector rod retains that finish) somewhere along the line received a phosphate finish (probably in 1954). No V ser # prefix. Wish the gun could talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the pith helmet comment! LOL! Excellent!

1906 Winchester Model 1894:

post-447-0-86382100-1332905106.jpg

On the side of the receiver, it has the original owner's name/address etched in cursive. The purists would lose their minds on this. But it spoke to me as soon as I picked it up, and hasn't stopped since owning it. The original owner ended up a WWII vet, purple heart recipient, engineer...quite a history to him. I'm proud to have the gun.

Oh....well..**** you then...[angry] [sad2]

OK. a 79 counts. post up then. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I second the pith helmet comment! LOL! Excellent!

1906 Winchester Model 1894:

post-447-0-86382100-1332905106.jpg

On the side of the receiver, it has the original owner's name/address etched in cursive. The purists would lose their minds on this. But it spoke to me as soon as I picked it up, and hasn't stopped since owning it. The original owner ended up a WWII vet, purple heart recipient, engineer...quite a history to him. I'm proud to have the gun.

Nice story with it too. I'll bet it shoots perfect. Do you guys with the oldies shoot them?

Back
Top Bottom