Whats up with my VZ.24??

Ive been debating on selling my Czech VZ24 for a while now. It was my 1st C&R purchase when I received my license, but it just doesnt "fit" my interests any more. On the other hand I have also done very little research into it so before I post it up for sale I wonder if anyone might have any answers to a few simple questions.

What I have,

Run of the mill "scrubbed" receiver VZ 24 "CESKOSLOVENSKA ZBROJOVKA A S BRN0. Russian capture at some point ( x under reciever and stock marked with serial at butt stock ) Bolt is a electro force match with a lined out serial still present. Bore is strong, but dark ( Ive never fired ) and it also came with bayonet.

Heres the only 2 things that interest me.

I have seen unscrubbed full crest receivers and I have seen ground or polished receivers, but mine has "1938" as a date right across the center of the receiver. While Im sure this isnt rare, I wonder what the origins are???

The other thing Im curious about is a small "eagle" over 37 on the cross bolt directly under the receiver. This to me look like a Nazi proof ( but, hell I own a MM so what do I know! [smile] ), but there is nothing else anywhere on the rifle that I have found that would suggest that.

drb

As this is a RC and as I believe a VZ action will fit into a K98 stock, this explains the WaA37/Sauer Waffenampt.

MS

This rifle now has a new home! it appears all along that i was mistaken about it being a "scrubbed" receiver and it was a 1938 crest receiver.....

This rifle now has a new home! it appears all along that i was mistaken about it being a "scrubbed" receiver and it was a 1938 crest receiver.....

and it is very happy here ...... with all the other VZ 24s, I need to get a new family picture

IMG_0850.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom