Whats the best gun shop in the western MA area and why?

Volkl78

Banned
Interested in what people think. I always went to guns inc because of their selection and I never even knew about guns and gear until I came across it online and found out they are where you want to go for ammo if Dick's Sporting Goods is out.

Guns inc, guns and gear, guns and gun parts, b&g sports. No particular order. They each have different ups and downs

Like Mpk said each on has ups and downs

I like

R&R
Guns and gear
Gun and gun parts
Nicks sports
Tombstone (technically central mass)
B&G
Personal defense

No really order either, I mainly too guns an gear because it the closet one to where I live. Tombstone is nice but it's a hike to north Brookfield.

Where is Nicks?

- - - Updated - - -

I went to the ware gun shop and they had 2 hand guns in stock, that was back in April. I will never go back because the guy was a real...... .. he was not that nice.

Nick's is my favorite. It's right off of exit 8 on the Pike. Take a right at the off-ramp light, then a left at the gas station right before downtown Palmer.
I really want to like R&R since it's a few minutes from my house, but I always get the old boy's club vibe when I go in and don't feel particularly welcome. Not unwelcome, mind you, just more like I interrupted their conversations.

I've been in Ware GS twice and will never go back. If R&R is uncomfortable, then Ware is downright hostile.

Guns and gear is great unless you have to ask them to get you something. Overall they have decent prices but I was less than impressed with them when looking for something in particular. I've let to hear back from them 10mo later. A buddy also had the same issue with them.

B&g on the other hand have always been super nice and for the most part very fairly priced on guns. Ammo went straight up crazy with the height of everything and I haven't looked at ammo there lately. They will not only order stuff but call you when it comes in and they don't take a deposit on non oddball special orders. They are my go to shop.

Only been to R&R once and they were nice enough and I didn't foresee an issue.
Guns inc just kills me with recording all sales.

Guns and gear is the friendliest ive encountered so far around here. They were very helpful and carry a pretty good stock of everything from pistols rifles to ammo and holsters etc. they may be a little expensive compared to some bigger stores but I'd rather give a local business my money.

Guns inc sucked IMO felt like an interruption in their day

Purchased from both Tombstone and R&R. Both are good places to go. I tend to like Tombstone better cause if I have any questions they go that extra mile.

I drive by both of them and Ware and I stopped in Ware once and will never be back.

Guns and gear is the friendliest ive encountered so far around here. They were very helpful and carry a pretty good stock of everything from pistols rifles to ammo and holsters etc. they may be a little expensive compared to some bigger stores but I'd rather give a local business my money.

Guns inc sucked IMO felt like an interruption in their day
+1 to this
I have not had a problem with guns n gear at all. I usually go to personal defense in southadly. But if they don't have my ammo I will go to guns n gear.

Iv been into guns inc 3 times and all three time I felt like a burden to the staff.

+1 to this
I have not had a problem with guns n gear at all. I usually go to personal defense in southadly. But if they don't have my ammo I will go to guns n gear.

Iv been into guns inc 3 times and all three time I felt like a burden to the staff.

I think everyone has had the same experience with Guns inc, and had similar experiences before they decided to change their name. When I was first getting into guns I went there and the amount of pure BS I was told blew my mind and even then I knew it was far off base.

I think everyone has had the same experience with Guns inc, and had similar experiences before they decided to change their name. When I was first getting into guns I went there and the amount of pure BS I was told blew my mind and even then I knew it was far off base.

Yeah them and ware gun shop. Two of a kind.

ware gunshop is and will always be unless they change owners and staff the shittiest gun shop on this side of the state.

the owner writes for huffpo as their gun guy. Do i need to even say more? yes that huffpo as in huffington post, yes that liberal garbarge of news

U guys r cooked. He asked about western mass. Springfield, ware, etc..... Is not western mass. Pittsfield, berkshire county. Western mass! Pete's is fantastic. Best honest people around.

ware gunshop is and will always be unless they change owners and staff the shittiest gun shop on this side of the state.

the owner writes for huffpo as their gun guy. Do i need to even say more? yes that huffpo as in huffington post, yes that liberal garbarge of news
Him and Phil from Guns inc are both quick to jump on the two local news stations and spew some stupid shit.

I asked the guy at the Ware gun shop if he would take $400 rather than $425 and I thought he was going to jump the counter and physically throw me out. He totally flipped!

Yeah them and ware gun shop. Two of a kind.

Ware is in a class of its own. Any gun shop that speaks against lawful gun ownership is dead to me.

- - - Updated - - -

U guys r cooked. He asked about western mass. Springfield, ware, etc..... Is not western mass. Pittsfield, berkshire county. Western mass! Pete's is fantastic. Best honest people around.
east new york? never been lol.

would not say the best, but there is one in Pittsfield, Lanesboro, and Pete's in Adams. All with in a 20 minute ride of each other if your shopping around.

There are two gun shops in Pittsfield, Avid Sports and Dave's Sporting Goods. Pat's in Lanesboro. Bentley Hollow Family Firearms in Hancock (they're more of a transfer shop or will order stuff for you, not much inventory but good people).

How is springfield, agawam, west springfield etc not western mass!?

Back
Top Bottom