• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's Really Important After All ???

Complaining is easy and self-aggrandizing, especially when complaining is all that's involved. We all (well, probably 97% of us) already have full-time jobs. Actually WORKING at something like writing letters, making phone calls, driving to legislators offices all take time and effort and nobody else will know, hence it has less "validation" value.

You're right though. If we channeled our effort more effectively it would be more, well, effective.

Yeah, how well did that work for getting people to the MA State House last weekend?
People would rather bitch and moan over $50 than make the trip into Boston for an hour.
Then not to mention, we are so stuck in our own egos/bullshite that we can’t be bothered to share a stage with groups we don’t necessarily agree with even if the common goal could be furthered, and when we do we hold signs that end up detrimental to our cause.
1E2BD77C-8D55-41F9-91B8-974D55D46845.png
We are our own worst enemies.

Yeah, how well did that work for getting people to the MA State House last weekend?
People would rather bitch and moan over $50 than make the trip into Boston for an hour.
Then not to mention, we are so stuck in our own egos/bullshite that we can’t be bothered to share a stage with groups we don’t necessarily agree with even if the common goal could be furthered, and when we do we hold signs that end up detrimental to our cause.
View attachment 230713

I love the picture!!

View attachment 230713

I love the picture!!

I’ll admit I laughed when I saw it. But it’s best left to the Internet forums. Not in public when you’re trying to sway public opinion.

Yup. A goal has to be to get good press for our side. There's no chance any mainstream media outlet would run that, unless it was with half the poster blurred while the anchor solemnly intoned about the "hatred" shown at the protest.

The 2A threads are quiet because no one has any new ideas. Aside from vote, make phone calls and stand around with a sign someplace there isn't much to generate discussion.

In a recent thread where someone asked for ideas I gave my personal opinion that we need to educate people. I offered some ideas of what to say and to possibly come up with something. I may have offered to contribute to printing some flyers, can't remember but I'd be up for that.
Fresh ideas are needed. The left has done a great job with their smear campaign! Even if we had millions of dollars no TV station would air any infomercials. Newspapers would not run ads. Right now if you are pro2A you might as well be a baby killer with Ebola.

Tactfully getting people to think and reason has been my goal.

during my last face to face 2A conversation with my rep, my rep told me that safety is more important than peoples rights.

Personally, I think splitting up the country is best in the long run....

Our next best hope is to show young people the joys of shooting.

a lot of people here are really great at eating their own, been going on as long as I've been on the site. it's more fun than being productive. on the other hand, talking up our 2a problems really doesn't get anywhere either. remember, actions speak louder than words so people need to get pro-active, head out to rallies, write letters, call state and national politicians and do all the miserable stuff to let them know were here. i often wonder if all the folks who say they do really do it.

I get the feeling that we set aside all the conversation and show up in MASS (No pun intended)

We are all busy being productive. Who has time on the weekend? I have chores and responsibilities that I make sure I get to.

Kids, job, home, bills ... more bills .... kids, bills ...

We are a principled group ... it is the great thing about us.

And our challenge at the same time.

View attachment 230713

We might be , but that is pretty funny lol

We need one voice the politicians hear.

More than quietly voting.

How about loudly voting.

I am not the type to go and march in Boston.
I am not the type to sit around and berate a business or someone.

421,000 of us need to send a message to the politicians in a unified voice.
And unified, if we are let down by them, we loudly and unified, vote differently.

Heck, sign our spouses and kids up.

Our voices need to be the loudest, our numbers the largest and the politicians need to hear it.

Otherwise, status quo ... and personally, I am tired of that.

We need one voice the politicians hear.

More than quietly voting.

How about loudly voting.

I am not the type to go and march in Boston.
I am not the type to sit around and berate a business or someone.

421,000 of us need to send a message to the politicians in a unified voice.
And unified, if we are let down by them, we loudly and unified, vote differently.

Heck, sign our spouses and kids up.

Our voices need to be the loudest, our numbers the largest and the politicians need to hear it.

Otherwise, status quo ... and personally, I am tired of that.
Don't dismiss rallies so easily. We need every one we can get!
Imagine if everyone who was pissed off about 7/20 actually showed their faces at the rally. We could have been easily 10k deep!

The 2A threads are quiet because no one has any new ideas. Aside from vote, make phone calls and stand around with a sign someplace there isn't much to generate discussion. ...

I have a new idea, least one I haven't seen here before. It's a way to drastically increase the number of calls our reps get on an issue, giving us a more powerful voice opposing/supporting bills. I've put some research and thought into it, and really want to get more feedback on it:

Contacting Reps - Calling on Behalf of

OK, I am risking stepping in where I may not be wanted.

I watch threads about people/FFL's folks don't like and the thread goes on and on with people complaining.

Threads that COULD be productive in uniting the group to address our 2A rights are relatively quiet.

Just Saying

Seriously, maybe I should tell people I have a dilemma about watching football in my thread...

I have a new idea, least one I haven't seen here before. It's a way to drastically increase the number of calls our reps get on an issue, giving us a more powerful voice opposing/supporting bills. I've put some research and thought into it, and really want to get more feedback on it:

Contacting Reps - Calling on Behalf of

Seriously, maybe I should tell people I have a dilemma about watching football in my thread...

A calling service? Why not ...

Corporate sponsorship to bus people in?

Pick a related topic, say mental health. Get corporate sponsorship, work to solve that issue. Publicly hold celebrities and politicians accountable who do not support the initiatives.

Sorry, have no suggestions for the football thing. support group maybe?

View attachment 230713

Well, I've got a couple of thoughts on this:

1. The informal nation-wide get-together was poorly designed, as discussed ad-nauseum last week.

2. That sign is funny, but we need to be above the Vajingjonghat folks.

3. For the most part, MARCHES DON'T MATTER!

Million Man March
Million Mom March
Vajingjong March
BLM Marches
Occupy Homelessness

What did any of these accomplish???

You need to win in the courts. You need to win in congressional offices. Marching is secondary. It provides a public presence and nothing more. No politician or judge ever looked down and said, "Damn! I'm totally against (fill in opinion here), but them marchers are dedicated, I'm going to change my mind!"

This is why the NRA is important. And Comm2A. And GOA. And GOAL. And. . . . I've forgotten some others. X Million gun owners is worth 100x more than "a bunch of people with angry signs wandering around the block."

And FWIW, I 100% concur with you regarding gun groups, and conservative groups in general, working harder together. For those under. . . . 45 or so, go look up The Contract With America. It was a set of principals the GOP stood behind under Clinton. Despite differences elsewhere, they took up THESE causes and were very successful. We could do the same. But people don't like sharing a stage. They want their fiefdom. :(

This is why the NRA is important. And Comm2A. And GOA. And GOAL.

This is the most important part of this whole thread and it's something many don't do consistently. I posted previously about a discussion with Jim Wallace, who indicated that membership goes down when things are calm. Only when SHTF do people sign back up. That can't keep happening. We need to give these organizations the support so they can help ward off some of this before it happens.

Having a unified voice and voting power as a group with great PR and a mechanism that motivates your group to get out and vote.
For example:
Haverhill has approximately 4,000 firearm permits which technically makes the holders eligible to vote because they are over 18. The last election we had last year to fill Dempsey’s vacant seat for the 3rd Essex was won by Vargas (D) a pro sanctuary city pro Obama never held a real job over Republican Toohey. Total ballots 7,364 and Vargas had 3,890 over Toohey’s 3,403. I did get out to vote and got at least 5 other people to get out and vote and used my social media as well. I even know if people who supported Magliochetti on the democratic primary who went out and voted for Toohey. Haverhill has something like 40,000 registered voters. The defeatist approach I’m not going to vote because democrats win has to stop because not all democrats get out to vote or they won’t necessarily vote for a ultra liberal.

For GOAL to have a voice and even Charlie Baker or faker or whatever you want to call him to have a voice we all got to do our little part and go vote and urge others to do the same. We need to put republicans back in the state house. Because with a veto proof majority democrats are a powerhouse at the moment. Unless they are fearful of losing their seat they won’t have to listen to anything we have to say.

OK, I am risking stepping in where I may not be wanted.

I watch threads about people/FFL's folks don't like and the thread goes on and on with people complaining.

Threads that COULD be productive in uniting the group to address our 2A rights are relatively quiet.

Just Saying

It's a discussion board...people discuss things. Not everything here is or should be a 2A parade.

We talk about all kinds of shit here including how sucky Four Seasons is.

For GOAL to have a voice and even Charlie Baker or faker or whatever you want to call him to have a voice we all got to do our little part and go vote and urge others to do the same. We need to put republicans back in the state house. Because with a veto proof majority democrats are a powerhouse at the moment. Unless they are fearful of losing their seat they won’t have to listen to anything we have to say.

Charlie Baker’s voice:

"Look, I think the assault weapons ban in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, based on all the data that's available, has served this commonwealth well, and I think it would be appropriate at this point for the federal government to adopt something similar," Baker said.

So your problem is baker not the composition of the legislative body in MA. Talk to me about his veto powers in this state? Actually anyone’s veto powers. Look at the composition of the state house. You only need enough seats for them not to be able to override a governors veto then we can have this discussion again. Put anyone up there who has R next to his name and tell me what you expect from that governor and expect him/her to get re elected or be able to pass meaningful conservative legislation. I’m not defending baker talking out of both sides of his mouth at least if the legislature changes then the side of his mouth favorable to us might had accomplish something instead of nothing.

The infringement on gun rights is a symptom of a larger cause. The 2A as an unlimited right that supersedes the ability of the government to take it away is an inherently American concept - no other nation in the world has or has ever had such a notion. Therefore attempts to infringe on the RKBA are inherently un-American. Consider the first major anti-2A legislation: the NFA passed in 1934, ten years after the National Origins Act. Even ten to fifteen years AFTER immigration curbs had been deemed necessary by Americans, there was enough un-American influence to permit the passage of such legislation. No major restrictive legislation was passed after until 1968... a mere three years after the Immigration Act of 1965. That immigration act was introduced thanks to un-American politicians with minimal support but backed by refugees brought over from Europe during/after WWII, and went unopposed for fear of being called "racist." Those same fake Americans pushed the gun control line and so do most of the fake Americans their immigration act has brought in over the years - and where has that gotten us today? Real Americans are on the defensive about their inherent RKBA. Well, it's not coming back until all of the WW2 refugees/descendants, post-1965 immigrants and their descendants go home. I know there are a number on this very forum who are avid supporters of the 2A, but for those who would cry foul because they are an exception to the rule - would you rather watch your (and your kids') rights slip away as they will in coming years as the country breaks apart, or would you rather have America back as the Founders intended even if you personally can't be there to see it? Deportation is the only possible solution that has a chance of no bloodshed. It's a politically unpalatable and highly unlikely option, but that's all there is.

Back
Top Bottom