What's it worth in Mass

FLHTC

NES Member
I have an old 1911A1 with two original clips and US holster. I believe it was made in 1918. It shoots and looks good, what could I hope to get for it?
(I don't see any US marking)

Chances are it is worth more than a std 1911. It could be worth as much as $2500 if it had US Government markings. Without them then it is up to other things. Post pics.

Depends on the make, whether the top matches the bottom, the finish, overall condition, year of mfg, correct grips, hammer, trigger, US marked or civilian model, etc. The A1 didn't come about until around 1928 as I remember.

You gave way too little info.

Condition: ~90-95% It appears to be missing the lanyard loop.
I am having issues figuring out the age. It is not a US government issued piece. It may be commercial and it may not be from 1918. It could be more recent. It could be as recent as the late 50s actually, but likely not that recent. The way to tell is search google for 1911 serial number ranges and that could give you a better idea of the real age.

Assuming this is all original..............

.............it appears to be a civilian model of the original M1911. The mainspring housing, grips, longer trigger and original hand grip safety all point to it NOT being an A1, so that places it prior to the mid 20's.

I went on line a few years ago and what I found suggested it was made in 1918. thought the serial numbers also suggested it was a navy issue.

I have an old 1911A1 with two original clips and US holster. I believe it was made in 1918. It shoots and looks good, what could I hope to get for it?
(I don't see any US marking)

If you PM me the serial number I can check some of my references for you.

added:

You might also be able to get some good information from Sam Lisker at:

http://www.coltautos.com/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom