What's around Jaffrey? Monadnock Rod and Gun Club ?

Prepper

NES Member
I'll be moving soon and likely will need to look for a club near Jaffrey. I'm a member of Harvard and Westford SC's, but they will be at least an hour away, and I'll have to deal with the Chelsea idiocy every year. So, as sad as it is, perhaps I should find something closer.

I've driven by Monadnock Rod and Gun Club many times and will be close by. How would that one be? What facilities do they have? Are they open all year? All I know is the membership is $75/year which is good. I don't see much on their web site though. What types of people are there? I really like the people who go to Harvard so it would be good to find something comparable. Don't need anyone upset by my evil black rifles.

Basic is okay... just need pistol and rifle range (100 yards is fine - I'm not that good). And, a building. Pretty scenery and tweeting birds around me are a plus too.

I pinged Monadnock, didn't know about Mr Twigg.

Why are my ears are ringing...

Well I haven't been as active as I want due to various reasons but the club does have a new 200 yard range. With all the changes in weather parking for the range is now limited to the lower lot by the pavillion. 75 bucks annual membership fee is correct. Its a small but good (darn good) club. There's a fishin' pond for the kids (access stamp on your membership card is a measly ten bucks extra) and an open to the public kids fishin' derby. Reactive targets (read:'splosive) are OK, full auto and cannon / mortar friendly (prior notification requested)

There is an archery range seperate from the firearms area and a 3D course for the serious stick flinger's.

We do have a full kitchen with enclosed toilets and port-a-potties are on site also.
Pretty scenery and tweety birds we got plenty of. [smile]

Anyone interested in joining can download the app from the club'e website and send it on in.

Want a tour ? PM me and I'll open the place up.
Ten dollar range fee for non members who want to shoot with a MRGC member. The range is not open to the public.
All shooters sign into the range log at the entrance to the range, guest fee goes into the lock box.

Last edited:
No, I haven't been to a green shoot at this range yet; I went to one of the earlier pumpkin shoots.

How does the 200 yard range work? Can it be used at shorter distances, or is there a separate range for that?

How does the 200 yard range work? Can it be used at shorter distances, or is there a separate range for that?

Usually I stand at one end and shoot stuff at the other end. [thinking]

Or you could set target stands up at shorter distances.

If you have the range to yourself you could do some walk up drills, shooting on the move or what ever strikes your fancy.

As long as what you do is safe and you share the range and play nice if others show up.

Oh ok, I was wondering if it had berms at multiple distances from same shooting position like Westford has, or a rule about being behind shooting line. Sounds flexible.

Sent from my rooted android phone using tapatalk.

5 weeks and counting before move date... I'll be contacting one of you to find out about joining after that.

Is that Filipina with the Hello Kitty AR15 a member?

Back
Top Bottom