• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What You’ll See In The Rebellion

Do you think this is a realistic scenario or pure fantasy?

What you’ll see in the rebellion

WRITTEN BY: BOB - DEC• 28•12
Let me explain, gun grabbers, how your confiscatory fantasy plays out. Let us imagine for a moment that a sweeping gun control bill similar to the one currently suggested is passed by the House and Senate, and signed into law by a contemptuous President.

Perhaps 50-100 million firearms currently owned by law-abiding citizens will become contraband with the stroke of a pen. Citizens will either register their firearms, or turn them in to agents of the federal government, or risk becoming criminals themselves. Faced with this choice, millions will indeed register their arms. Perhaps as many will claim they’ve sold their arms, or had them stolen. Suppose that as many as 200-250 million weapons of other types will go unregistered.

Tens of millions of Americans will refuse to comply with an order that is clearly a violation of the explicit intent of the Second Amendment. Among the most ardent opposing these measures will be military veterans, active duty servicemen, and local law enforcement officers. Many of these individuals will refuse to carry out what they view as Constitutionally illegal orders. Perhaps 40-50 million citizens will view such a law as treason. Perhaps ten percent of those, 4-5 million, would support a rebellion in some way, and maybe 40,000-100,000 Americans will form small independently-functioning active resistance cells, or become lone-wolves.

They will be leaderless, stateless, difficult to track, and considering the number of military veterans that would likely be among their number, extremely skilled at sabotage, assassination, and ambush.

Link to full article

It is widely accepted that if the South had undertaken guerilla warfare tactics in small bands that the Civil War would have been prolonged by decades.

It is easy to engage your enemy when they all march out and take the field. When they create IEDs and engage in small killing of certain targets, it is almost impossible to contain.

I suspect there will be much larger secession than small groups. Whole states, e.g., TX and others, will inform the federal govt that they refuse to enforce the laws. Doubtful the military will invade TX to fight other military members.

If the military sides with the people, then the war will end before it starts.

It is widely accepted that if the South had undertaken guerilla warfare tactics in small bands that the Civil War would have been prolonged by decades.

It is easy to engage your enemy when they all march out and take the field. When they create IEDs and engage in small killing of certain targets, it is almost impossible to contain.

I suspect there will be much larger secession than small groups. Whole states, e.g., TX and others, will inform the federal govt that they refuse to enforce the laws. Doubtful the military will invade TX to fight other military members.

i just do not believe the military ( which by and large votes republican and consider themselves fairly conservative ) would wholeheartedly be willing to be ordered to go door to door confiscating privately owned weapons.

though i do not for a second fail to believe this " president " would be willing to give that order it if he truly thought he could get away with it.

There are more people in Washington DC, Beacon Hill and Concord that "hate our freedoms" than some ragheaded, third-world neanderthals that live in Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Didn't we invade Iraq and Afghanistan because "they wanted to take away our freedoms"?

- - - Updated - - -

All depends on percentages. I would guess that more than half of all uniformed and reservist forces would side with the people. It's only the truly brainwashed that would align themselves with the government.

i just do not believe the military ( which by and large votes republican and consider themselves fairly conservative ) would wholeheartedly be willing to be ordered to go door to door confiscating privately owned weapons.

though i do not for a second fail to believe this " president " would be willing to give that order it if he truly thought he could get away with it.

unless I am mistaken, the military cannot operate on US soil. This is why they formed DHS after 9/11. They would be in charge of disarming the population.

its not fantasy.

we have the largest military in the world, best equipped, best prepared, best trained and best funded overall.

but that size and command strucutre is its very weakness as seen recently in Afghanistan and Iraq, where peasants and religious zealots who can't spell their name, chuckled as our technology was destroyed by roadside bombs, splinter cell operatives and turncoats.

My old man has the same stories about finding the body of a Vietnamese bartender in full NVA gear after the battle of Hue City. What he was doing as a bartender is unclear, but one might speculate that it was intelligence gathering to say the least.

So yeah, it can be done. It can even be done in the shadow of mass confiscations, should that happen. Its different than what's happened in places like the UK and Australia. See, there, they were used to being subservient and obedient to the government at all costs - so when the gun bans came, sure there was resistance and such, but at the end of the day, they buckled because their socieites were already a surveillance/police state.

In the US, god love them or hate them, organizations some of you love to hate like the ACLU and others, prevented privacy invasions, speech restrictions etc. Yes, they failed us culturally and on the second amendment, but such fights stemmed the tide of restrictions on speech, print and the internet.

As of now, those hard fought wins are all in peril through PATRIOT, HR 1955 and the NDAA.

Sadly, there are many Americans who don't care so long as the cable keeps pumping in mindless reality television, the EBT card is still flush with taxpayer funds to get Cheetos and tampons and for others, that they can still hit the links on sunday to get away from the wife and kids.

The upside is this, not ALL americans forgot who they are. Not all Americans forgot about the vision of the founding fathers and some, even if just a few, are more than willing to resist should the time come.

I am an atheist, but I do hope (or pray) that it never comes down to a bloody fight like that. but at what point do we say to our leaders, "leave us alone. stop following us, stop bothering us?" Is that point now or is it when we see our neighbors harassed and 'disappeared' under cover of darkness and authority? is it when the state run media advises us to huddle in fear in a superdome during a storm and not stay with our homes and belongings? When?

I see a lot of talk about a go time on boards like this and it makes me laugh. Some of you and I hate to be critical, have likely never thrown a punch - what the hell makes you think you're ready to do much much worse in the defense of liberty? Ive said in other posts, now is not the time for empty posturing. Now is the time for organization and informing the masses, as ignorant as they are, of our rights and of our demands they be respected. Gomers and Nutnfancy fanboys need not apply.

Rant mode is off. I need a coffee and an egg.

Guys, if confiscation were ever to happen (which I don't believe it will), it would not come door to door. They will find a way to tie it to your everyday life and oppress you into submission. Like tying it to your drivers license or vehicle registration or fines leading to liens on your property. Maybe tie it to your healthcare since they will control that. Who knows? Regardless, it won't be an "in your face" campaign of door to door searches and seizures IMO.

Today though, I do not think there are as many out there willing to defend their freedoms. The new definition of freedom is freedom from work, and freedom from responsibility. However, 2A freedom is probably the second biggest freedom people will defend, next to entitlements, which are also a new freedom.

unless I am mistaken, the military cannot operate on US soil. This is why they formed DHS after 9/11. They would be in charge of disarming the population.

already happened, friend. Katrina saw the deployment of the LANG in cooperation with FEMA, what was left of local law enforcement and private contractors, who went door to door ordering holdouts to the government shelters and confiscating firearms.

Thats not alex jones, that's what happened.

Need I quote Eddie Compasss, Chief of the NOPD? "We're taking all the guns. We're not gonna allow anybody to be armed."

already happened, friend. Katrina saw the deployment of the LANG in cooperation with FEMA, what was left of local law enforcement and private contractors, who went door to door ordering holdouts to the government shelters and confiscating firearms.

Thats not alex jones, that's what happened.

Need I quote Eddie Compasss, Chief of the NOPD? "We're taking all the guns. We're not gonna allow anybody to be armed."

The only difference is scale. Could this model work across the entire United States?

This, overall our military is made up of the kind of people we need more of, I seriously doubt their willingness to destroy the US. Now the private welfare army of the TSA, that is another thing entirely.

The moment the order to confiscate is given the ambushes begin. There is no need to wait after that point. The enemies intent is clear and war will have been declared. It won't go well for the .gov boys. They know it. It will be a lot more subtle than an open declaration.

Now the private welfare army of the TSA, that is another thing entirely.

They are people that couldn't qual for the most basic of protective services, you're worried about them? Those people are genuine idiots. The only ones that would be threat would be the ones that have watched to many episodes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The rest would bail and try to slink back into the woodwork and not draw attention to themselves.

This scenario leaves out one thing: the courts. The moment such a law was passed, somebody would get an injunction before the sun went down on Day One; the .gov would be unable to enforce the law until the case played out, and no SCOTUS we've ever had has been prepared to ignore the 2d Amendment completely.

I also agree with those who say the .mil would be unwilling to participate; it would plainly be an illegal order, and many troops at all levels would quite legally refuse to obey it.

Aside from that, this seems like a pretty accurate scenario to me.

They (.gov) will do as much as they think they can get away with. If we keep raising a ruckus, sending letters, making it clear that NOT ONE MORE STEP will be tolerated, they will bloviate, complaint, have press conferences, and that's about it.

If we appear to 'rollover', then we will be forced into a decision:

1) Accept it, see out Second Amendment still on the books, but ignored, overwritten by regulations, and we become an oppressed, subservient people.
2) Say "No", and mean it. Make them see the error of their ways, vote them all out when the time comes, replace them with people that will charge and convict them of treason.
3) If elections are a complete travesty (see amnesty - yes they are going for that in tandem), then we must take more direct measures. All that is required is that we say 'No' one more time than they say 'Yes'; we do not break, we do not compromise, we do not give up. This may be a major tipping point with freedom and prosperity on one side and oppression and submission on the other.

My thoughts on a "rebellion" lets say 1% refuse to register in the beginning. Eventually they will get a court date. Not show. Warrant. Execution of said warrant. Battle will be brought to someone's living room. Now that will not end well for anyone. This 1 living room battle will increase the 1% number to much higher out of outrage. That a family was murdered in its home by govt agencies. As long as we don't fall for the "govt spin in a rogue extremist"
The point is. That 1% will be of let's say 50 million. Putting the "rebel" number at 50,000. That's a pretty good start and it will only roll from there. As far as Tx. If it does secede. I will be packing up.

Pretty funny. I had this argument with an on the fencer. Said 500,000. Yet type 50,000. Owell. Point stays the same. Thanks for the h u. At least I know you read it

50 thousand ? How about 5 thousand ? Or 500 ? Five hundred would be just ten people in every state.
Remember what the DC sniper was able to do with one EBR ?

Imagine ten. In every state. With an agenda and a list.

And I think it would be more like 50000 pissed off partriots , a thousand per state.

Guys, if confiscation were ever to happen (which I don't believe it will), it would not come door to door. They will find a way to tie it to your everyday life and oppress you into submission. Like tying it to your drivers license or vehicle registration or fines leading to liens on your property. Maybe tie it to your healthcare since they will control that. Who knows? Regardless, it won't be an "in your face" campaign of door to door searches and seizures IMO.

Thats when you start stacking them and their families up like cord wood in the streets. Oh, they forgot about their families???????TOo F'ing BAD, they'll be fair game just like the oppressors.

Oppression by any other name or method is still oppression

These bastards think they're going to stick it to me and mine and that they and theirs are going to be left alone????? NOT A F'ing chance. Once the war starts, its all in for EVERYONE, no exceptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
the united states has been the dominant world power for almost 300 years, not because of the government and the laws they pass but because of the resolve of it's people to stand and defend their freedoms

You're off by a couple centuries. The United States didn't become the dominant world power until after WWI or WWII. Which world war is debatable. But we certainly were not the dominant power in the world prior to WWI. A formidable nation following the war of 1812? Sure, but again not THE dominant power. But even then, that's only 200 years, not 300.

You're off by a couple centuries. The United States didn't become the dominant world power until after WWI or WWII. Which world war is debatable. But we certainly were not the dominant power in the world prior to WWI. A formidable nation following the war of 1812? Sure, but again not THE dominant power. But even then, that's only 200 years, not 300.

you're correct and i was wrong.
though it has been 236 years as the nation that the entire rest of the world looks to as an example of ordinary citizens standing up to it's governing authority and telling it that they will no longer be ruled with impunity. then obtaining rights of a free people by taking up arms and being willing to die to ensure that those freedoms are adhered to and guaranteed for the future.

you're correct and i was wrong.
though it has been 236 years as the nation that the entire rest of the world looks to as an example of ordinary citizens standing up to it's governing authority and telling it that they will no longer be ruled with impunity. then obtaining rights of a free people by taking up arms and being willing to die to ensure that those freedoms are adhered to and guaranteed for the future.

Agreed completely. And your point is the very reason why our nation has remained fundamentally the same longer than any other currently existing world power.

Back
Top Bottom