• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

what SHOULD I have paid for this? **paid $375 all-in**

I PAID $375 all-in :) from everything i've heard, that's a good deal for an "M" SKS.

- I want some unbiased opinions to see if I am a knucklehead or not! [smile]

http://www.jcdevine.com/images/auction_2903/09-020-0176.jpg

Chinese SKS Paratrooper Sporter Bolt Action Carbine

Serial# 9369081, 7.62 x 39mm caliber. 16.5" barrel, the bore is in very good condition, chrome lined. This blued finish has some light handling marks, the light wood Monte Carlo stock has light handling marks as well with a rubber buttplate. This has adjustable pin front and tangent rear sights. The magazine is missing but will take the standard AK type magazines. This comes with a 1 1/8" web sling and cleaning rod. Very good condition.

Last edited:
The magazine is missing but will take the standard AK type magazines.

That line is the kicker right there. I'm not sure if this is one of the 'D' or 'M' models (I forget what the correct designation is) that really does take AK mags or one that has been butchered to accept them.

I'd pay up to $325 for a really nice Chinese SKS paratrooper.

I really am not being a wise ass when I say you shouldn't have pain a dime more then YOU thought it was worth.
I find with most things (but more so with guns) the value fluctuates greatly with how much a buyer wants one.

$300 to $350
I've got a buddy that's got one. Takes my AK mags all day long, and it cost him like 1/2 of my Arsenal.
smitty

There wasnt to many of those imported to the USA..very small number of those incountry.There was a mint condition one that was a dealers sample for sale on one of the mailing lists Im part of.It sold real fast for the price they were asking for it.I want to say it was close to $600+ but I only glanced at it real quick and that was a few weeks ago.

AFAIK the ones that take the AK mags are more desireble. Anything will sell, it depends on negotiating the price! - I'd say the area of 200 also. Good Luck!

I'm not telling what I DID pay - I want some unbiased opinions to see if I am a knucklehead or not! [smile]

http://www.jcdevine.com/images/auction_2903/09-020-0176.jpg

Chinese SKS Paratrooper Sporter Bolt Action Carbine

Serial# 9369081, 7.62 x 39mm caliber. 16.5" barrel, the bore is in very good condition, chrome lined. This blued finish has some light handling marks, the light wood Monte Carlo stock has light handling marks as well with a rubber buttplate. This has adjustable pin front and tangent rear sights. The magazine is missing but will take the standard AK type magazines. This comes with a 1 1/8" web sling and cleaning rod. Very good condition.

I'd say if you got a bolt action sxs, you either got completely screwed or you bought the prototype priceless sks!

CambridgeGuy, I thought someome would have told you this by now. That's not a bolt action. It's a gas operated semiautomatic.

CambridgeGuy, I thought someome would have told you this by now. That's not a bolt action. It's a gas operated semiautomatic.

I was under the same impression - that it was bolt to chamber round 1 and then semi-auto thereafter like an AR. I didn't think you had to cycle the bolt after each round, but I wasn't sure. Interestingly, my description is a cut and paste from J.C. Devine's website!

Why do they list it as a "sporter" and as a "bolt action" ?

CambridgeGuy;970105 Why do they list it as a "sporter" and as a "bolt action" ?[/QUOTE said:
I would tend to believe the monkeys that listed it use the term sporter on anything that might be former military that doesn't have a pistol grip or in this case has the shorter 'sporter' barrel.

They probably saw the large charging knob and thought it was a bolt activated. LOL

In any case $375 for a nice sks carbine that takes sks mags is a great deal in my opinion. Congrats.

There wasnt to many of those imported to the USA..very small number of those incountry.There was a mint condition one that was a dealers sample for sale on one of the mailing lists Im part of.It sold real fast for the price they were asking for it.I want to say it was close to $600+ but I only glanced at it real quick and that was a few weeks ago.

I was wrong on this ...I had to go back and look it up...it was a Chinese model 56 black-powder muzzleloading rifle (.50 caliber) made by Norinco in the late 90s

Back
Top Bottom