What round for giant prehistoric insects?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I was just wondering, I've seen pictures of giant spiders and centipedes (up to 8 feet long) from prehistoric times. What would be the best round for hunting them? It seems like for exoskeletal creatures, which don't have such centralized organs or nervous systems, a regular hunting round might not be the most effective thing. Maybe exploding speargun bolts or something?

Obligatory "9mm" post and obligatory "Anything but a .40" now taken care of.
Beaten to death with the butt of a loaded Glock... but only if you are professional enough to handle it... [laugh]

If you run into an 8 foot insect, you don't need to bother worrying about shooting it or running. Just running faster than the person with you...

Anything that's chambered for....

.50 BMG (Incendiary is a plus)
.500 Beowulf
40mm HEAT
40mm HE
20mm
30mm

Flamethrower

Chainsaw (last resort)

.50API

Mike
When shooting a large insect with a negligible central nervous system - quantity over quality...

PEO_Browning_M2_HB_Machine_Gun.jpg

428px-Twin_M2HB_machine_gun.jpg

Last edited:
I was just wondering, I've seen pictures of giant spiders and centipedes (up to 8 feet long) from prehistoric times. What would be the best round for hunting them? It seems like for exoskeletal creatures, which don't have such centralized organs or nervous systems, a regular hunting round might not be the most effective thing. Maybe exploding speargun bolts or something?

Since those have only ever existed in movies, I'll take any movie gun with unlimited capacity.

This has already been taken care of. 8 bore does the job

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything that's chambered for....

.50 BMG (Incendiary is a plus)
.500 Beowulf
40mm HEAT
40mm HE
20mm
30mm

Flamethrower

Chainsaw (last resort)

Sounds like my load out for Fallout New Vegas. But for the bugs you're talking about I think #8 bird shot would do the trick. These things are armored, but not that armored.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom