What rifle is this Pakistani holding?

Not sure but when I was watching the news today and they mentioned this story, they showed a soldier standing guard and holding an SKS.[grin]

They are either G3s or locally produced clones.
I agree. The G3 is the Pakistani Army standard issue rifle.

On the guy on the far right, it's pretty easy to see the distinctive G3 profile. The guy in the middle is a bit harder, because he has an optic mounted, but look at the can't-confuse-it-with-anything-else stock, especially where it meets the receiver.

On lefty, you can see the G3 forearm, HK ring front sight, and flash hider.

It almost looks like a G3 rifle. Like this in this link http://world.guns.ru/assault/as12-e.htm

+1 I'm kinda new to this (esp. rifles) and appreciate your patience.

Because those are not the only choices available to armies around the world? [rolleyes]

I guess I should've been more direct. [thinking] I was hoping for an explanation as to why a police force would opt for this rifle over others. Kingson's link explains it, though, I think: "In general, the HK G3 rifle can be described as one of the best 7.62mm NATO battle / assault rifles - reliable, versatile, controllable, inexpensive and, finally, very popular."

I was hoping for an explanation as to why a police force would opt for this rifle over others. Kingson's link explains it, though, I think: "In general, the HK G3 rifle can be described as one of the best 7.62mm NATO battle / assault rifles - reliable, versatile, controllable, inexpensive and, finally, very popular."

The HK G3 is reliable. Its versatility is about the same as that of its other European contemporaries though it falls quite short of the AR15 and AR10 in that regards. Its controllability in automatic fire is dismal, as it is that of almost all 7.62x51 rifles. It is most definitely NOT inexpensive in its German-made iteration. And its popularity is nowhere near that of the much more widely issued FN FAL.

The HK G3 is reliable. Its versatility is about the same as that of its other European contemporaries though it falls quite short of the AR15 and AR10 in that regards. Its controllability in automatic fire is dismal, as it is that of almost all 7.62x51 rifles. It is most definitely NOT inexpensive in its German-made iteration. And its popularity is nowhere near that of the much more widely issued FN FAL.

FU. It's HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

I guess I should've been more direct. [thinking] I was hoping for an explanation as to why a police force would opt for this rifle over others. Kingson's link explains it, though, I think: "In general, the HK G3 rifle can be described as one of the best 7.62mm NATO battle / assault rifles - reliable, versatile, controllable, inexpensive and, finally, very popular."

My guess would be because Pakistan built a plant to build their own G3s under license from HK. From a government point of view, it's less to do with the rifle itself, and more to do with the money.

Just a guess, but my inner cynic has been very rarely wrong where government's behaviors are concerned. [rofl]

[rofl][rofl][laugh2]

Read up about the XM8 on most gun boards. According to the interweb, the XM8 is the finest combat implement of all time. In actuality it is a plastic AR18, that tends to melt, break, and is universally loathed by the Army staff that had to test it. It takes bizarre attachments, so no US accessories will work. They took the G36, which is basically a blah rifle, used by a handful of countries that don’t ever actually shoot people, and uglied it up so that it looks like the demented lovechild of Bloaty the Pizza Hog and a Super-Soaker.

I must admit, I do like HK, but that was hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom