• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Press...

TonyD

One Shot One Maggie's Drawers
I just picked up a single stage press from a buddy of mine and I'm not real sure which model it is. It's RCBS and has RS on the other side. It's older and is a gray color rather than the typical RCBS green. Anyone have an idea which model this might be? Sorry, no dig camera.

TonyD said:
I just picked up a single stage press from a buddy of mine and I'm not real sure which model it is. It's RCBS and has RS on the other side. It's older and is a gray color rather than the typical RCBS green. Anyone have an idea which model this might be? Sorry, no dig camera.

If it ain't a Dillon, does the model number really matter all that much?

Just pulling your chain, Tony.

derek said:
I was trying to help, I do have an RCBS you know. [rolleyes]

I know you do. I was hoping someone with more experience with RCBS presses might know exactly which one I picked up. I don't believe it's a Partner but I'm not sure if it's a Rockchucker.

Those who haven't stepped up to RCBS just can't comprehend it. It's almost like a Marine thing - If you ain't one, you won't understand. [wink]

Hey Tony, does it look like this one, other than the color? If so, it's an RCBS Junior Press. The RS would be short for Reloader Special, IIRC. They used to put this model in the RS set. All RCBS presses used to be GRAY.

If you remember using a new one, and it was gray, you know you've been reloading a while.

bulpres1.gif

I also am a big fan of RCBS equipment. Lyman used to make a couple of good presses, like the Spartan. I started out using an RCBS A2 in the shop. Rock Chucker's didn't exist back then.

I've owned an A4 for my own use, but have since replaced it with a Rock Chucker.

Last edited:
derek said:
I was trying to help, I do have an RCBS you know. [rolleyes]

You do?!?! Is that the thing that is still collecting dust, and not being used, even though your season is coming up fast?! [wink]

Adam_MA said:
You do?!?! Is that the thing that is still collecting dust, and not being used, even though your season is coming up fast?! [wink]

I'm going to start wearing a shirt everyday with bus tire tracks on it and just save everyone the time posting in here.

derek said:
I'm going to start wearing a shirt everyday with bus tire tracks on it and just save everyone the time posting in here.

Hey.. You're the one who asked me WEEKS ago for help getting started....

Still waiting... [smile]

If you're using an RCBS swager, that's the press it was designed for. If you find another, reasonably cheap, let me know. I'll want it. Good press for doing smaller work.

And that should be the same press as the Jr. Different names from different times. Just like an A2, A4 and something Max are all essentially the same press.

TonyD said:
My other press is the 4X4 and has A5 on the side. And, I'll be using the RCBS swager.

Cool, I just got an add-on for my case trimmer that has the cutting head to take care of this.. HOPEFULLY I will actually win one of the damn ebay auctions for the LC brass, and will get the chance to use it.

Adam

Nickle said:
Hey, Derek, need some 223 Brass? I'm not screwing with you, I'm serious.

Don't need any yet. I have around 1500 peices of LC at home. I'll let you know when I run low.

I'll warn you, I keep ALL the LC, WCC and RA brass.

The rest is for the taking. I'm not paying shipping on it.

Tony, I had forgotten the A5. It's the same as the A2/A4, minor differences.

Anybody that's used that RCBS swager with a Rock Chucker will notice that the part that goes over the ram to remove the case on the down stroke is too small. It was designed to be used with the Reloader Special or Junior press.

Nickle said:
I'll warn you, I keep ALL the LC, WCC and RA brass.

The rest is for the taking. I'm not paying shipping on it.

Tony, I had forgotten the A5. It's the same as the A2/A4, minor differences.

Anybody that's used that RCBS swager with a Rock Chucker will notice that the part that goes over the ram to remove the case on the down stroke is too small. It was designed to be used with the Reloader Special or Junior press.

What point is there for me ordering from you if you keep all the LC?

Ordering? Free to whoever wants to pay the shipping.

Better yet, a door prize for the GMNF shoot........? (I won't do that, but I will have some of it there, free for the taking)

And WHY would I get rid of the good stuff?

It's actually left overs from sorting out what I've gotten for myself. Unlike another company, we don't make a lot of 223 ammo. We can't sell it competitive enough to justify it. We buy Wolf or Barnaul instead, and keep the price reasonable. It's mostly Malaysian, FC, Remington and Winchester Commercial.

Let me know when you run short. I try to get it from time to time, and rarely from eBay. Good place for 9mm and 40 S&W brass, poor place for 45 ACP, 223, 308 or 30-06 brass.

I'm sure we can come to a mutually acceptable arrangement.

Nickle said:
Let me know when you run short. I try to get it from time to time, and rarely from eBay. Good place for 9mm and 40 S&W brass, poor place for 45 ACP, 223, 308 or 30-06 brass.

I'm sure we can come to a mutually acceptable arrangement.

I'll send Brent up there to wash your cars and paint your house. That work for you?

If he washed my vehicles, they'd thibk they were getting sold. I don't own a "car", but do havean SUV and pick-up. It's a VT thing.

Besides, it would be Brent's penance for the past. Derek and I know about it....

Back
Top Bottom