What MA legal sigs do you folks want to see for 2014?

I'm having a pre SHOT show meeting with my national rep and I told him I do a lot of CA sales and he asked me if I do a lot of MA sales, which I do - but not a lot with Sig.

Rather than act blindly, as consumers, what would you like to see dealers ordering for 2014?

Could you elaborate? I've sent literally dozens of guns to MA without any issues.

Absolutely. The main issue is the limited list of "approved" firearms for MA. Many of Sig's firearms are on the list but several aren't. Various FFLs have various interpretations of what they can and can't accept. Other FFLs would give push back because they would rather sell the gun directly. I'm not saying it isn't possible but there are some hurdles in MA.

For example the P227 isn't on the approved roster (yet) so most FFLs won't transfer them into MA. The P220, 226, 229's are all on the list but the FFL may not want to transfer them if they aren't the approved "MA" version (usually indicated by a "M" in the model number).

I believe this is the latest roster but someone may come along with a more recent version ( http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/approvedfirearmsroster05-2013amended.pdf ) I'm pretty sure the 938 is approved now so EOPSS probably hasn't posted a PDF of the latest version.

I'm no expert...just providing some opinion on what I've seen so take that for what it's worth.

Are you asking which Sigs we would like to see added to the MA Approved Roster for 2014? Because there's no problem getting any of the Sigs already listed on the on the roster at local shops for good prices.

My problem is that without interviewing every FFL - it's impossible to know what one will do and what one will not do. Based on your statements, even if I enclose a printed copy of the approved list - that's no guarantee they'll transfer the gun.

At the end of the day - the dealer that the end user selects - is up to the end user. I'm getting rather tired of people asking me who they can use in their area because I don't live up there or have an idea of their neighborhood.

My problem is that without interviewing every FFL - it's impossible to know what one will do and what one will not do. Based on your statements, even if I enclose a printed copy of the approved list - that's no guarantee they'll transfer the gun.

That's because just being on the EOPS list doesn't necessarily mean it's legal under the AG's 940 CMR 16.00 crap. Glocks, for example, are on the EOPS list but apparently the AG doesn't think they're safe so most dealers won't transfer them. To make it even more stupid, the AG's office doesn't publish an actual list of "940 CMR 16.00 compliant" guns. (At least not that I'm aware of.)

At the end of the day - the dealer that the end user selects - is up to the end user. I'm getting rather tired of people asking me who they can use in their area because I don't live up there or have an idea of their neighborhood.
Welcome to this brief look at the joys of living behind enemy lines in the People's Republic of Taxachusetts.

That's because just being on the EOPS list doesn't necessarily mean it's legal under the AG's 940 CMR 16.00 crap. Glocks, for example, are on the EOPS list but apparently the AG doesn't think they're safe so most dealers won't transfer them. To make it even more stupid, the AG's office doesn't publish an actual list of "940 CMR 16.00 compliant" guns. (At least not that I'm aware of.)
Yep. As if the EOPSS list isn't bad enough (at least it is published), Evil Marcia's mysterious, secret, nonexistent list is the real deal killer.

I'm getting rather tired of people asking me who they can use in their area because I don't live up there or have an idea of their neighborhood.

If you're trying to sell guns up here, that comes with the territory. People wouldn't be asking you if you weren't trying to sell guns up here. Not a very welcoming statement to make about your potential customers.

If you're trying to sell guns up here, that comes with the territory. People wouldn't be asking you if you weren't trying to sell guns up here. Not a very welcoming statement to make about your potential customers.

The legwork being discussed is much easier for someone to do who lives in MA instead of FL.

You are being rude and lazy.

+ this. If they routinely ship to some MA FFLs that will sell, why wouldn't you share this with other potential buyers? Not rude or lazy as I see it. If you ask what people want to buy but then say you are tired of the questions, the "not very welcoming" description was being nice in my opinion.
White Feather

I would love to buy what you offer. I tried actually ( FNX45 tactical) but there are no FFLs that accept the transfer. If anyone knows of one, please let me know!

+ this. If they routinely ship to some MA FFLs that will sell, why wouldn't you share this with other potential buyers? Not rude or lazy as I see it. If you ask what people want to buy but then say you are tired of the questions, the "not very welcoming" description was being nice in my opinion.
White Feather

+1....know your market or pull out of it. There is enough information at your fingertips to help you make your excessive profit. If its chipping away at your blood pressure, keep it in Florida.

Back
Top Bottom