• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is wrong with D&L in Warwick, R.I.

I was in there a couple days ago and was looking for usual primers and powder. ammo and what not. The store has powder ,primers and enough ammo to support the US Army but it;s hard to buy anything because nothing is priced, and I mean nothing. If you want to know price of anything, you have to bring it to the register. unfortunately they have no cashier so you have to wait till someone isn't busy with a gun purchaser and have them check price. Ridicules system. I don't know about you but when I shop the price is what usually dictates the purchase and if I have to ask the price of everything I touch, I just say screw it.
They may just think that most are new gun buyers and will pay whatever but that will only last so long before people say screw it.
As for my purchase that day. after waiting about 5 minutes at the register and no one came. I left the mag on the counter and ordered it on E-Bay. They wonder why brick and mortar stores are dying.

I was in there a couple days ago and was looking for usual primers and powder. ammo and what not. The store has powder ,primers and enough ammo to support the US Army but it;s hard to buy anything because nothing is priced, and I mean nothing. If you want to know price of anything, you have to bring it to the register. unfortunately they have no cashier so you have to wait till someone isn't busy with a gun purchaser and have them check price. Ridicules system. I don't know about you but when I shop the price is what usually dictates the purchase and if I have to ask the price of everything I touch, I just say screw it.
They may just think that most are new gun buyers and will pay whatever but that will only last so long before people say screw it.
As for my purchase that day. after waiting about 5 minutes at the register and no one came. I left the mag on the counter and ordered it on E-Bay. They wonder why brick and mortar stores are dying.
D&L? No one goes there anymore. They’re too busy.

I have never been there, but I'm on their mailing lists - They seem to handle a lot of CZ's. I've always been curious about the shop though... are they "friendly" to people from their communist neighbor?

PM me if you have any experience

I have never been there, but I'm on their mailing lists - They seem to handle a lot of CZ's. I've always been curious about the shop though... are they "friendly" to people from their communist neighbor?

PM me if you have any experience
Define “friendly”. They will ship to a MA FFL if that’s what you mean. I think the new gun ban nonsense includes ammo restrictions; you used to be able to buy ammo in RI if you were over 18.

I wish I could articulate how much that new RI ban f***ed me.

Totally agree, it’s a frustrating place. For powder and primers, try Heritage just a few miles away. Prices are clearly marked there and the staff is more service-oriented. Heritage doesn’t have anywhere near the ammo stock though.

Define “friendly”. They will ship to a MA FFL if that’s what you mean. I think the new gun ban nonsense includes ammo restrictions; you used to be able to buy ammo in RI if you were over 18.

I wish I could articulate how much that new RI ban f***ed me.
How did the RI law change ammo purchases? Mostly I heard about the hi-cap crapola..

How did the RI law change ammo purchases? Mostly I heard about the hi-cap crapola..
you need papers to buy ammo in RI now, safety class BS.

i shop there a few times a year and it is always super busy so it takes time to get someone to help, frustrating (i get it), but seeing the size of the crowds of customers, it does take some time to wait for your turn.

Probably the same thing that's happened to a local bar/restaurant we've been frequenting for decades. It took 90 minutes for them to bring dinner last night.

I know the owners. She said they can't get any help at all. She's really frustrated too.

and they always have stuff that you don't ever see in other shops. they used handgun display always has a few deals in it. i saw a S&W 41, with 10 mags there last year for $750 that i shouldn't have hesitated on, as it was gone the next day i went back.

last time in, they had 3-4 korth revolvers that i may have fondled, that lead to a quiet but satisfying, happy ending...

you need papers to buy ammo in RI now, safety class BS.

i shop there a few times a year and it is always super busy so it takes time to get someone to help, frustrating (i get it), but seeing the size of the crowds of customers, it does take some time to wait for your turn.
Don;t need safety class just a blue card which has been around for about 40 years. Anybody can take the test for the card in any RI gunshop. If you can;t pass the test you probably shouldn't own a firearm anyway.
Yes they are busy, but if they are so busy with firearm sales , price the damn items in the store and get a cashier so you can buy a box of .22 without waiting a half hour.

Don;t need safety class just a blue card which has been around for about 40 years. Anybody can take the test for the card in any RI gunshop. If you can;t pass the test you probably shouldn't own a firearm anyway.
Yes they are busy, but if they are so busy with firearm sales , price the damn items in the store and get a cashier so you can buy a box of .22 without waiting a half hour.
Exactly, I don't care where I go or what I'm buying, if it's not priced I walk away, that's gun stores, yard sales, shows, etc.

the blue card is just one of the ways.

New Ammunition Purchase Requirements – January 1, 2023

Beginning January 1, 2023, in order to purchase ammunition, you must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid pistol/revolver safety certificate issued by the DEM, a Rhode Island hunter education course card issued by the DEM, or a permit to carry from either your local police department or the Attorney General.

this sounds like a MA LTC would satisfy it ( as it reads), but I suspect it references in state issued permits. i do not know anyone who has tried to use the MA LTC) it successfully or unsuccessfully?

the blue card is just one of the ways.

New Ammunition Purchase Requirements – January 1, 2023

Beginning January 1, 2023, in order to purchase ammunition, you must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid pistol/revolver safety certificate issued by the DEM, a Rhode Island hunter education course card issued by the DEM, or a permit to carry from either your local police department or the Attorney General.

this sounds like a MA LTC would satisfy it ( as it reads), but I suspect it references in state issued permits. i do not know anyone who has tried to use the MA LTC) it successfully or unsuccessfully?

From personal experience . . . unlike MA AG's office, you can send a letter to the RI AG and get a response to that question. If positive, carrying a copy of the letter when you shop in RI would be prudent.

Note: To be clear, I sent a different question to the RI AG years ago and got a response. I no longer have any need to go to RI, so this is not something that I'll pursue.

From personal experience . . . unlike MA AG's office, you can send a letter to the RI AG and get a response to that question. If positive, carrying a copy of the letter when you shop in RI would be prudent.

Note: To be clear, I sent a different question to the RI AG years ago and got a response. I no longer have any need to go to RI, so this is not something that I'll pursue.
I hold a RI CCP and it doesn't effect me, but the wording was curious to me. Was hoping someone else with a recent experience might chime in.

Persons subject to the requirements of § 6-31-2 shall disclose the unit price and total price to consumers in one or more of the following appropriate ways:
(1) If the consumer commodity is so located that it is not conspicuously visible to the consumer, or if the consumer commodity is so located that the price information, if displayed in accordance with subdivision (2), would not be conspicuously visible to the consumer by a sign or list bearing the price information conspicuously placed near the point of procurement; or
(2) By attachment of a stamp, tag, or label directly adjacent to the consumer commodity, on the shelf on which the commodity is displayed, or by stamping or affixing the price information on the commodity itself; provided, however, that upon each commodity shall be stamped or affixed the total price of the commodity in arabic numerals if and when a computerized system is used; or

Back
Top Bottom