• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

what is the scoring system for Appleseed

Hope to attend Harvard Gun Club's Appleseed this weekend.

25 M range, 4 different targets, 100 standing, 200 kneeling/sitting, 300 prone and 400 prone.

If that is correct, how many rounds at how many targets at the 4 different events?

Ex: 100 1 target 5 rounds, 200 1 target 5 rounds, 300 2 targets 5 rounds per target, 400 4 targets 5 rounds per.

Is there a time limit at any of the different events.

Thank you, MJ52

I will have the 4 different targets later tonight I just need to know the rules. How scoring is done.

Thanks again, MJ52

They'll explain everything during the shoot.
You're overanalyzing things and you haven't even got to the range yet.

Yes there is a time limit, hopefully they still do rapid fire AQT's.

They even provide the targets.

The most important thing you need to bring is an open mind.
The most important thing you need to do is listen.

Relax, chill.

MJ54,

Looking forward to seeing you on the line. Don't worry about too much about it, as MrTwigg said, we'll be supplying targets and explaining them in detail.

The Rapid Fire AQT is 4 minutes, 40 shots, from 3 positions at a total of 10 targets (scaled for various distances).

MJ52,

You just bring your rifle, shooting mat, eye & ear protection and 1100-1200 rounds of ammo. We have a nice safe spot at the front gate for you to check your ego; you can pick it up again when you leave. [wink]

Good checklist on how to prepare here: http://appleseedinfo.org/as_prepare.html Just note that that's in general and not for a New England shoot - we shoot a LOT more up here. Enough magazines to load 40 rounds and 1100+ rounds are the only changes I'd make to it for the Harvard shoot.

Back
Top Bottom