What if

What if, instead of donating to the NRA, each of us bought memberships for our pets, children, recently deceased (but pro-gun) father in law, or "virulently anti-gun" mother in law (under your address of course)?

That way, the money ends up at the same place while the membership size grows expediently. Say what you will about the NRA, the size of the membership bases absolutely matters to politicians.

You mean provide left leaning politicians and press a legitimate reason to openly question the NRA’s membership size and the honesty of it's members/leaders? Really?

jkelly

You mean provide left leaning politicians and press a legitimate reason to openly question the NRA’s membership size and the honesty of it's members/leaders? Really?

jkelly

Yes.

Ok, you got me. I'm being somewhat tongue in cheek. It's a by product of the disgust I've been feeling of late over their recent and growing lack of critical action. Sure, I'll give them the annual check, but I don't think they're worth a tin sht any more.

Better yet, sign up pro gun friends too cheap to do it themselves.

This is exactly right. I've signed up two people in the last couple of months. One gunowner who does not pay attention to politics, and one is a friend who believes strongly in small government and 2A rights but does not own guns. Both people support the cause and want to support the cause but are too lazy or uninformed to do so on their own. Well now they'll get the Rifleman every month and hopefully they'll become more active. Recruiting/enrolling members who support gun rights is a great way to donate to the NRA, GOA, and GOAL and to the cause of protecting our rights. +1

Better yet, sign up pro gun friends too cheap to do it themselves.

+1

Been thinking about that, someone might be a member of the NRA but not GOA or GOAL.
Buy them one year for their birthday/holiday/whatever, after that they may keep up the subscription on their own if only because you gave them a mebership.

Somewhat unrelated but in 2010 I am sending a questionnaire to any one who is seeking office that I am voting for. General questions about rights, entitlements, and how they will vote(spend) with my money.

No reply. No vote.

What if, instead of donating to the NRA, each of us bought memberships for our pets, children, recently deceased (but pro-gun) father in law, or "virulently anti-gun" mother in law (under your address of course)?

That way, the money ends up at the same place while the membership size grows expediently. Say what you will about the NRA, the size of the membership bases absolutely matters to politicians.

Hey didn't Acorn do that? Look where they are now! They got 5 billion for blatant voter fraud.[thinking]

Somewhat unrelated but in 2010 I am sending a questionnaire to any one who is seeking office that I am voting for. General questions about rights, entitlements, and how they will vote(spend) with my money.

No reply. No vote.

I like that idea a lot.

Makes me think it would be a good idea to do that with a bunch of signatures attached.

this is a great idea-- i am going to sign my parents and siblings up.

i am especially angry w/my sister-- and loads of mail to her address from them would be fun at the very least--

Just make sure you're ready to receive 5 times as many videos you didn't ask for in the mail, and 5 times as many calls pandering for more money (unless you give them a bad phone #, perchance). [laugh]

-Mike

I signed up my dog Cassie, and she's pissed at me because now she has to shovel driveways this winter to come up with the extra money for Benefactor status.

Back
Top Bottom