• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you recommend for best all-around pistol?

I might be wrong but I don't think the sig DAK trigger guns are compliant in MA.

The trigger pull is heavy also, so probably not good for competition. I love my 226, but I really didn't like the DAK when I tried it. They have them up at Manchester Firing Line if you want to try one.

The trigger pull is heavy also, so probably not good for competition. I love my 226, but I really didn't like the DAK when I tried it. They have them up at Manchester Firing Line if you want to try one.

Did you actually ride out the DAK trigger to -full- reset though? If you use
the short reset, the trigger pull goes way up, to 8+ pounds. The normal
pull on a clean gun is about 6.5 pounds from full reset. It's very easy to
short stroke the gun and end up with the 8 pound pull on everything except for
the first shot. I think the designers put this reset in there so that LEOs
who short stroked the gun during a 110% panic type situation would end
up with a gun that still fired.

-Mike

Thanks for all the response on this question. I am surprized that no one has mentioned Para Ordnance. On the suggestion from one of the CFIs at AFS= Para's P18-9mm Single Action Hi Capacity. I think I have fallen in love. Better feel in the hand than the P226/P229, super light trigger, cycles super smooth and fast...now only if they made a .22LR conversion for it.

JMJ

Possibly - and I mean possibly - a regular 1911 22 conversion kit, available from a number of different companies, might work. Depends on how standard the UPPER on this Para is. A subject on which I have no first hand knowledge. Might be worth checking with Ciener or Advantage Arms. Or maybe AFS has a Kimber kit around and would be willing to try test fitting it at the counter.

Regards
John

Thanks for all the response on this question. I am surprized that no one has mentioned Para Ordnance. On the suggestion from one of the CFIs at AFS= Para's P18-9mm Single Action Hi Capacity. I think I have fallen in love. Better feel in the hand than the P226/P229, super light trigger, cycles super smooth and fast...now only if they made a .22LR conversion for it.

JMJ

The Para is a great choice. A 1911 platform esp. a double stack gun is perfect for competition use. I personally would get a P16.40 because it is a .40 S&W instead of the 9mm. The 9mm will recoil a lot less but the .40 can be used for more competition purposes. As for a .22 conversion there are quite a few kits out there. Some people have great luck with them while others have no luck at all.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom