What do you keep in your car?

I'm not trying to start an argument, but it looks like most of you that posted the contents of trunk either A don't live anywhere near civilization B Go on a lot of trips to parts unknown. <snip>

Not every one lives in the hub.
Heck most towns around here are still 20 to 40 minutes from any major stores.

I'm not trying to start an argument, but it looks like most of you that posted the contents of trunk either A don't live anywhere near civilization B Go on a lot of trips to parts unknown. C Just like carrying around stuff "in case" . I live in a suburb near worcester, besides my sig, some napkins or paper towels, a flashlight, and an extra sweatshirt in case it gets cold, I don't need anything else. MRE's you can walk from Boston to Albany without starving to death. I can't imagine anywhere that you could be that you would need food rations stored in your car. I used to have a tow cable when I had a truck. Helped many people get out of the ditch during snowstorms however.

I don't carry emergency food because I am afraid I'm not going to survive, I carry it for comfort and to help someone else.

First possible situation: You're driving in the winter at night. It's snowing when a deer appears in the road and you're forced to swerve to avoid it. You leave the roadway and hit a tree below the grade of the road.

You grab a flashlight and get out to look around the car for possible hazzards. Finding none, you return to the car and use your cell-phone to call for a tow. They tell you it will be a while due to the weather and equipment availability, but hang tight. strip off the wet clothes (from being out in the snow) and pull on the spare dry clothes, then grab a granola bar for some energy and to help pass the time more easily. If you decide to wait over-night for someone to come get you, the food in your stomach will help you sleep.

Second possible situation: You come upon a car accident, after attending to immediate needs and hazzards, someone is physically ok but really shaken up. Giving them something to eat helps them focus on something and calm their nerves.

Third situation: An evacuation order goes out due to immediate threat. You have a 3-4 day "Bug Out Bag" already packed plus 3-days worth of comfortable supplies already in the car (because it's always there) in 10-minutes, you're ready for 7-days and ahead of the massive traffic jam.

I don't carry emergency food because I am afraid I'm not going to survive, I carry it for comfort and to help someone else.

First possible situation: You're driving in the winter at night. It's snowing when a deer appears in the road and you're forced to swerve to avoid it. You leave the roadway and hit a tree below the grade of the road.

You grab a flashlight and get out to look around the car for possible hazzards. Finding none, you return to the car and use your cell-phone to call for a tow. They tell you it will be a while due to the weather and equipment availability, but hang tight. strip off the wet clothes (from being out in the snow) and pull on the spare dry clothes, then grab a granola bar for some energy and to help pass the time more easily. If you decide to wait over-night for someone to come get you, the food in your stomach will help you sleep.

Second possible situation: You come upon a car accident, after attending to immediate needs and hazzards, someone is physically ok but really shaken up. Giving them something to eat helps them focus on something and calm their nerves.

Third situation: An evacuation order goes out due to immediate threat. You have a 3-4 day "Bug Out Bag" already packed plus 3-days worth of comfortable supplies already in the car (because it's always there) in 10-minutes, you're ready for 7-days and ahead of the massive traffic jam.

What about the dreaded "Fourth Scenario"? You're travelling from Manhattan to Denver on a gigantic nuclear powered bus, when a pick-up truck goes airborne and crashes into the cockpit and you discover that Arab terrorists have planted a bomb aboard. Will a flashlight help you find your way to the piano bar?

But don't worry. You brought granola bars! And when you run out of granola bars, you can eat the floor mats.

See: The Big Bus Best 70s disaster movie evah!

Quote: "You eat one lousy foot and they call you a cannibal. What a world!"

I would just hit the dear, load it up and bring it home, no problem.

Back
Top Bottom