What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Lol yup. I got revovler semi-auto and rifle covered. I guess all that’s left would be a semi auto rifle. No interest in getting one lol.
I get all interested in the latest short barrel cqb rifles... but when I go to the range I'm sitting on a shooting mat with a GI sling nerding out with my notepad and chronograh... I'm about the least tactical guy there.

I actually loaded up 50 rounds of 9mm last night for the P228. Reloading bench has been full of engine bits for two months. Finally got it cleared off and put the 550 back. Hornady 124g FMJ, CCI500, 5.5g Power Pistol, 1.145" OAL, Blazer brass.
Power pistol is good stuff. I’m out of it but have about 500 rounds loaded with plated 147s over PP. Very accurate powder. And the flash is nice too - although not as noticeable with heavier 147s.

Power pistol is good stuff. I’m out of it but have about 500 rounds loaded with plated 147s over PP. Very accurate powder. And the flash is nice too - although not as noticeable with heavier 147s.
My flashiest 9mm rounds were 6.7g of Power Pistol and 115g Zero FMJ. Honest 1200fps out of the P228, 5 shot standard deviation 9fps. But it felt like it was smacking the slide against the frame kind of hard so I backed off to 6.4g, which brought it back to 1160fps, and SD of 6fps. Still pretty flashy at the indoor range. They'd probably be awesome out of a pistol caliber carbine.

Added an RL1100. I was originally going to sell my 650 and keep the 550, but now I think I'll do the opposite and sell the 550. Case feeder and auto-indexing are just too convenient to move away from. I will say, after using the 1100 then going back to the 650, the 650 feels like a toy in comparison. I'm not knocking it, but the 1100 just blew me away. Of course, now I'm thinking I should have just bit the bullet and bought the Apex 10.

Added an RL1100. I was originally going to sell my 650 and keep the 550, but now I think I'll do the opposite and sell the 550. Case feeder and auto-indexing are just too convenient to move away from. I will say, after using the 1100 then going back to the 650, the 650 feels like a toy in comparison. I'm not knocking it, but the 1100 just blew me away. Of course, now I'm thinking I should have just bit the bullet and bought the Apex 10.
Apex 10 and sell all the blue presses

I basically shut down the reloading room.. I wandered in there the other day… I got all kinds of cool shit… The stuff from my 40 mm is epic. I can’t find my f***ing 4 mold .308 set… I know they’re here somewhere. I just wanted to find them to give them a try for the f*** of it..

When I finally move it’s gonna be like Christmas.

I haven't shot my M1 Carbine in years because the trimming process for this brass is so tedious. Got the itch again, so I grabbed an RCBS trim pro 2. It's no Giraud, but much better than chucking each case into the drill and using the Lee trimmer.

Found a 30 carbine 550 conversion kit on a forum for a good price, that'll be here early next week. Looking forward to loading up some 30 carbine.

Everything came in and I've spent the last few nights getting my 550 configured.

I don't plan reloading 30carb that often, but I did grab a new quick change kit because I hate having to reconfigure everything down the road. The new conversion kit I found on a forum needed some polishing on the powder drop tube.

Just made 50 rounds. So smooth, I could do this all night.

Apex 10 and sell all the blue presses
I watched a ton of videos before making a decision and still very happy I went with a 750. I use case feeder almost always, for my calibers I only need to swap tool head and rotating plate that takes 5 min, and tool heads are cheap.
Anything bigger would be an overkill. Much longer time to swap out, too complex and big. No need.

Last edited:
I watched a ton of videos before making a decision and still very happy I went with a 750. I use case feeder almost always, for my calibers I only need to swap tool head and rotating plate that takes 5 min, and tool heads are cheap.
Anything bigger would be an overkill. Much longer time to swap out, too complex and big. No need.
Multiple tool heads are definitely the way to go… you up and loading on minutes… The only thing to adjust is how much powder your using

Multiple tool heads are definitely the way to go… you up and loading on minutes… The only thing to adjust is how much powder your using
I posted in an other thread what I modified.

The flow I have now is setup with 2 heads per caliber. First tool head has full size die for depriming, sizing, priming process only. I run it after tumbling prepped brass and then store it.

Second toolhead has powder measure and a seating die. Powder measure is set in station 3, not in a factory spot in station 2 above priming - I modified it. That allowed very easy access to brass to measure the drop amount and significantly improved whole press operation routine. I can run it as a batch or run it individually to measure each drop - station 3 position for powder measure makes it way easier.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great setup… I only run two tool heads for rifle… It kind of nice to do it for pistol as well because the Decapping process can screw the whole thing up… Every now and then I wind up with a stainless steel From Tumbling That blocks the flash hole or occasionally you get a stubborn primer. I just deal with it because I don’t wanna run it through twice

Everything came in and I've spent the last few nights getting my 550 configured.

I don't plan reloading 30carb that often, but I did grab a new quick change kit because I hate having to reconfigure everything down the road. The new conversion kit I found on a forum needed some polishing on the powder drop tube.

Just made 50 rounds. So smooth, I could do this all night.
I bought a lee pro 1000 in 30 car just to load up the 1500 or so bullets I had.
I might shoot 100-150 rounds of 30 car a year so Im good for a long while.

I haven’t reloaded in several years I left the place kind of a mess.

Nothings lost it all just a little disorganized. The last few things I receive like my mould 308 set I have looked for several times and haven’t been able to find it I just wanted to coat it and some oil so it doesn’t rust. Inspected all the other casting equipment.. Everything looks to be stored properly still. My casting machine is in the basement… Picked up a little bit rust so I’m probably gonna spray that.. I also cycled it a few times so that the springs and they don’t go bad.

I also picked up and played with several pieces of reloading equipment and gunsmithing tools.. Just so I don’t forget how to use them, Lead hardness tester, gas key staking tools. Ext

I really wanna relocate my reloading room. But with all the stuff that had recently been stolen from me I don’t want it too far from me.

It’ll all get used again it’s just gonna be a few more years. Fortunately I have all the ammo I need in the meantime

Last edited:
Picked up a used Navy Arms (Uberti) 1875 in .357M Magnum on Friday. The .357M 180 grain RNFP's I'm trying to burn through, and still have like 1000 of, are a no go. I loaded them about two years ago, so I don't remember, but I think they're 1.600" COAL, or close enough. They're a hair too long for the cylinder. I could shoot 38's out of it, and did on Friday, but the light 125 grain 38 specials I brought with me felt like 22's out of it. Sure looks magnum-worthy to me. Still, no need to go all in, so I loaded up 150 moderate 357M's using 158 grain JHPs over N350. Those are 1.575" OAL. Should work.
RenderedImage.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a used Navy Arms (Uberti) 1875 in .357M Magnum on Friday. The .357M 180 grain RNFP's I'm trying to burn through, and still have like 1000 of, are a no go. I loaded them about two years ago, so I don't remember, but I think they're 1.600" COAL, or close enough. They're a hair too long for the cylinder. I could shoot 38's out of it, and did on Friday, but the light 125 grain 38 specials I brought with me felt like 22's out of it. Sure looks magnum-worthy to me. Still, no need to go all in, so I loaded up 150 moderate 357M's using 158 grain JHPs over N350. Those are 1.575" OAL. Should work.
View attachment 576436
If your just burning ammo why not trim the bullet tip a smidge till they fit.

I haven’t reloaded in several years I left the place kind of a mess.

Nothings lost it all just a little disorganized. The last few things I receive like my mould 308 set I have looked for several times and haven’t been able to find it I just wanted to coat it and some oil so it doesn’t rust. Inspected all the other casting equipment.. Everything looks to be stored properly still. My casting machine is in the basement… Picked up a little bit rust so I’m probably gonna spray that.. I also cycled it a few times so that the springs and they don’t go bad.

I also picked up and played with several pieces of reloading equipment and gunsmithing tools.. Just so I don’t forget how to use them, Lead hardness tester, gas key staking tools. Ext

I really wanna relocate my reloading room. But with all the stuff that had recently been stolen from me I don’t want it too far from me.

It’ll all get used again it’s just gonna be a few more years. Fortunately I have all the ammo I need in the meantime
My “room” is a constant rotation of mess!

I hit my local range the other day to sight in a rifle. Noticed there was a metric F ton of 223 brass in the bin. We're a small under 500 person club, so it's rare to see this much brass. I always bring a bag just in case.... Sometimes I score 20-30 cases....

Started looking through it, mostly LC 1x fired. I only reload LC brass.... So, I filled up a doubled up shaws bag and off I went.

Started sorting through them last night. Culled out everything else and ended up with 575 1x fired LC cases.

Found a live green tip round in there, what was that going for in bulk this past year? Headstamp mix of 2020/2021.

Thank you to the range ninja who blasted off ~$700? worth of ammo, your brass will be put to good use.

Thank you to the range ninja who blasted off ~$700? worth of ammo, your brass will be put to good use.
You did very well. Always satisfying to recycle what others kindly leave behind.

Even with the snow falling, I popped a few test loads on my range just outside my door. Berry's 185g HBRN with MP 215 powder.

Attachments

• MP215.185HBRN.jpg
    MP215.185HBRN.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 8
Picked up a used Navy Arms (Uberti) 1875 in .357M Magnum on Friday. The .357M 180 grain RNFP's I'm trying to burn through, and still have like 1000 of, are a no go. I loaded them about two years ago, so I don't remember, but I think they're 1.600" COAL, or close enough. They're a hair too long for the cylinder.
As said, you could shave a tad off of them to fit.
Those 180 grainers are head spacing okay? I had some 185ish LBT bullets that my brother had cast and they had such a broad profile that the rounds bound on the cylinder throat. I had to seat them beyond the crimp groove to get them to chamber properly.

I hit my local range the other day to sight in a rifle. Noticed there was a metric F ton of 223 brass in the bin. We're a small under 500 person club, so it's rare to see this much brass. I always bring a bag just in case.... Sometimes I score 20-30 cases....

Started looking through it, mostly LC 1x fired. I only reload LC brass.... So, I filled up a doubled up shaws bag and off I went.

Started sorting through them last night. Culled out everything else and ended up with 575 1x fired LC cases.

Found a live green tip round in there, what was that going for in bulk this past year? Headstamp mix of 2020/2021.

I was at my range on Saturday morning and there was a large amount of brass (and steel and 22). It was pretty messy, so I cleaned everything up. I can only imagine that some cases went into snow and melted in over the last week. It wasn't easy to sweep up so a lot of people left it. Saturday was slightly warm, so some ice had melted away.

I will note that all the buckets were completely empty.

575 - awesome score. My biggest so far was about 350 IMI m193 brass - somebody left a ton of it. I have total about 2k of .223 but mostly rotate this IMI and 200 of other sized/sorted/primer pockets uniformed set. Usually more than enough to have 300-400 match rounds at a time and shoot them without reservations

My “room” is a constant rotation of mess!
That’s the problem with a lot of my stuff over the last few years is when I was constantly using it in rotating it it was never too much of a mess. We have shit lying around for years and ends up looking like an episode of hoarders.

I don’t wanna scrapper so my brass but I just got 5 gallon buckets of it all over the living/reloading room

Back
Top Bottom