What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Next batch, remove the decapping pin from a 9mm resizing die and run the tops of the 357 cases into it about a 1/4-3/8 inch. Then bell them with a 9mm flaring die.
This will improve the neck tension and remove some of the slop of the undersized bullets.
This worked pretty well. Just made a few dummy rounds tonight.

X-ray rooms are supposed to be completely lined with lead. Sheets on the walls, ceiling and floor. They even have little lead spots to put over any exposed screws and covers for behind electrical outlet boxes. Apparently radiation is bad for you.
Stop it stop it. I’m drooling just thinking of a room like that.

Sized 300 223 cases and started trimming last night got about half way through trimming and came to the conclusion I need the Giraud trimmer 😁.
I have about 12,000 223 sitting and waiting and waiting. I like to send them out for processing but not finding a processor who anneals?
At this point I might just find a beat up press and a power trimmer and set it up.

X-ray rooms are supposed to be completely lined with lead. Sheets on the walls, ceiling and floor. They even have little lead spots to put over any exposed screws and covers for behind electrical outlet boxes. Apparently radiation is bad for you.

I did a project for a medical office about 20 years ago. We installed special order lead lined sheet rock in the xray room and along a partition wall for the technician.

Yep. Had to apply those small lead patches over the screw heads too.
Dang those gwb panels were freakin crazy heavy.

Last edited:
Don't forget the lead aprons!

Picked up this thing to butcher a bunch of .223 brass.

Tried it out and it cuts right through. I need to pick up a jig before I find myself accidently creating a brand new wildcat.

I also found a box of my grandfather's reloads of 223 and they didn't have any powder in them. Live primers and 55gr bullets only. Any idea why he'd have done this?
20210424_200935.jpg

Tried it out and it cuts right through. I need to pick up a jig before I find myself accidently creating a brand new wildcat.

I also found a box of my grandfather's reloads of 223 and they didn't have any powder in them. Live primers and 55gr bullets only. Any idea why he'd have done this?
View attachment 476090

I can’t think of a good reason for someone to intentionally do that.

He made a mistake and realized it too late. Decided to keep them off to the side in the “I’m going to pull those bullets” pile that we all have.
Only to never pull them and some time later you found them. Thankfully checking them out before shooting them.

Every time I pick up an estate there’s a whole mess of ammo appearing to be properly loaded and beautifully labeled in the boxes all clean and fresh. What are the odds these are someone’s “I’ll pull those bullets later” loads.

Good catch on that one!

View attachment 476090
Posted already but here’s mine. Using the squirrel daddy 300 jig. Works great.
BC0B1D5E-D060-466A-8F21-1DC5E93BAE2F.jpeg

I can’t think of a good reason for someone to intentionally do that.

He made a mistake and realized it too late. Decided to keep them off to the side in the “I’m going to pull those bullets” pile that we all have.
Only to never pull them and some time later you found them. Thankfully checking them out before shooting them.

Every time I pick up an estate there’s a whole mess of ammo appearing to be properly loaded and beautifully labeled in the boxes all clean and fresh. What are the odds these are someone’s “I’ll pull those bullets later” loads.

Good catch on that one!
Who knows. I'm guessing you're correct in saying they were some "oh sh!t" loads he meant to pull.

He's not around to ask anymore, so i pulled one round and found it empty and checked all of the others and they were the same. A few had powder, but not even remotely the same charge in each round. I'll pull them for components and throw a few on my shelf of shame as a keepsake.

Posted already but here’s mine. Using the squirrel daddy 300 jig. Works great.
View attachment 476101
Good stuff. I was going to pick up that same jig. I suppose I'll need a case trimmer too.

Who knows. I'm guessing you're correct in saying they were some "oh sh!t" loads he meant to pull.

He's not around to ask anymore, so i pulled one round and found it empty and checked all of the others and they were the same. A few had powder, but not even remotely the same charge in each round. I'll pull them for components and throw a few on my shelf of shame as a keepsake.

Good stuff. I was going to pick up that same jig. I suppose I'll need a case trimmer too.
I’m using the Frankford Arsenal prep center with the rcbs primer pocket bit on one of the four stations.

Well - I'm still working on "setting up" my first reloading station. The powder drop parts are still being de-greased, but I did get the 'kpjensen shell loader" working.

Put about 100 shells through it - no issues yet. I'm kind of liking this thing........ :cool:

Short video here.
Nice! I also have a Hornady LNL but no case feeder. I’ve gone ~7 years without one. Would be nice to have though lol.

I have about 12,000 223 sitting and waiting and waiting. I like to send them out for processing but not finding a processor who anneals?
At this point I might just find a beat up press and a power trimmer and set it up.
This company anneals but it looks like they are sold out/backed up on brass processing? I guess you could email them to confirm?

View attachment 476090

Where did you find that?

Nice! I also have a Hornady LNL but no case feeder. I’ve gone ~7 years without one. Would be nice to have though lol.
It's clearly an extravagance - but once I saw it, I had to give it a try. (.......hopeless career mechanical engineer.....)

Still waiting for the bullet loader (tube type) and the lock-out die, but there's clearly no rush.

Setting up the dies should be a hoot.......

It's clearly an extravagance - but once I saw it, I had to give it a try. (.......hopeless career mechanical engineer.....)

Still waiting for the bullet loader (tube type) and the lock-out die, but there's clearly no rush.

Setting up the dies should be a hoot.......
Nice. Make sure you got the LNL bushings and lock rings. That way you can just pop them in and out without needing to adjust them.

Sized 300 223 cases and started trimming last night got about half way through trimming and came to the conclusion I need the Giraud trimmer 😁.
Here's what you need. You should be able to do 600 +- an hour once you get your rhythm going...I like it cause it doesnt index on the shoulder. So no need to segregate brass. It all comes out the same size.....And yes its a bit pricy, but time is also valuable...... B1762710-3915-4501-B45B-77FFF9BE7BE5.jpeg 7A615F28-0944-4DB9-91AD-22C2051EAF1C.jpeg 6E572AF6-90B8-4BBC-B240-4B76EF7A7CD3.jpeg 8BB38546-CFE9-46A5-A49F-C543F548D2BB.jpeg 3606C8D2-E530-4A89-98D2-16D4D0023C35.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom