• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Very good point I figured my heights on me standing or a high stool. I sit from 5am to 5pm the more standing I figure in the better.
If what ever you are comfortable with if you are sitting all day standing is probably the best for you. I am looking at it from standing all day and a week out of back surgery. But definitely agree with everyone else beef that top up. If you are going 38" you should be able to slide a roll around tool box under for serious storage my last house but benches over cabinets then ended up pulling cabinets and putting rollaways under. New house has no basement smallish boiler laundry gun room but have 2 and 3 car garage thinking of putting up a pole barn for a shop.

Hit the 2400 loaded mark on the .45acp bullets I received Thursday. One more box of 500 plus to go. (probably finish those today).
Loading single stage with two 50 count loading blocks and vaccuum sealing each 100 in a bag with a small data card in each.
I should have doubled or tripled the bullet order because I still have a thirty gallon drum about 3/4 full of unprocessed .45 brass and about 3500 primed and belled cases left and 8k LP primers.

Weather is going to be 60's this week so probably won't be sitting at the press much....lots of outside things to be done, especially the garden.

My jugs of Longshot and Hybrid 100v don't seem to have this issue, but my W572 is plauged with static. Seems that the powder itself is clinging to the scooper, weigh pan, and the bottle itself.

Tried a dryer sheet and it didn't work.

Anyone use one of those static eliminating guns which are made for vinyl records?

Supposedly shoots positive ions followed by a rapid negative ion charge to leave a net zero charge?

Not sure how I feel about shocking any kind of powder with an electric charge however.

My jugs of Longshot and Hybrid 100v don't seem to have this issue, but my W572 is plauged with static. Seems that the powder itself is clinging to the scooper, weigh pan, and the bottle itself.

Anyone use one of those static eliminating guns which are made for vinyl records?

Supposedly shoots positive ions followed by a rapid negative ion charge to leave a net zero charge?

Not sure how I feel about shocking any kind of powder with an electric charge however.

I wouldn't get a Piezo spark near any powder.

Did you use a new sheet or a spent one? I don't know if there would be a difference, other than the new sheet may leave some residue on the plastic. I have only used spent dryer sheets for similar problems and it worked just fine for plastic funnels, hoppers, etc.

Last night I looked at the box of .223/5.56 brass (figure theres about 2000 pieces) I had in the corner of the reloading room that I have been working at resizing on and off the past 4 years, and decided to finally resize the last 500 or so cases after removing the stuck case from the last session from a month ago.

Started the trimming process on them with the Lyman E-ZEE Trim set up on the drill press, and then hand deburring/VLD Chamfer with the Case Prep multi-tool. Got through about 300 before calling it quits for the night. I'm reallllllly looking at picking up a case-prep machine or another solution for trimming bulk quantities of brass.

Once I get that box of brass done, I plan on swaging the primer pockets with the Hornady LNL Primer Pocket Swage it. I've used it for a few cases already and it seems to work well! As I'm deburring/chamferring I've been separating the military headstamps with primer pocket crimps from the commercial headstamps.

I way prefer reloading handgun cartridges so far 🤣

Last night I looked at the box of .223/5.56 brass (figure theres about 2000 pieces) I had in the corner of the reloading room that I have been working at resizing on and off the past 4 years, and decided to finally resize the last 500 or so cases after removing the stuck case from the last session from a month ago.

Started the trimming process on them with the Lyman E-ZEE Trim set up on the drill press, and then hand deburring/VLD Chamfer with the Case Prep multi-tool. Got through about 300 before calling it quits for the night. I'm reallllllly looking at picking up a case-prep machine or another solution for trimming bulk quantities of brass.

Once I get that box of brass done, I plan on swaging the primer pockets with the Hornady LNL Primer Pocket Swage it. I've used it for a few cases already and it seems to work well! As I'm deburring/chamferring I've been separating the military headstamps with primer pocket crimps from the commercial headstamps.

I way prefer reloading handgun cartridges so far 🤣
Get the Giraud power trimmer. (Not the triway). Yes it's expensive. Yes, you'll probably order it and wait weeks to get it. Worth every penny. You can get tools for other sizes as well. I have cutters for .308 and .223.

I was thinking this but I was also thinking of just running 2x4 underneath maybe 12 o/c and saving the rest of plywood for shelves. I’m still weighing both options.

I am planning on building 8-12” shelves on top of bench therefore 2’ wide is gonna be tight.
Use 2x6s not 2x4s for bench frame. I layer of 3/4 plywood is enough.

Wow those seem to open up very nicely what bullet is that?

Also looking for input on course vs fine walnut media for all you reloading aficionados. I just used up the last of my walnut so time to order some more. I see harbor freight have a variety for around $1-1lb. What I have now I ordered from grafs and doesn’t say anywhere what size it is

Wow those seem to open up very nicely what bullet is that?

Also looking for input on course vs fine walnut media for all you reloading aficionados. I just used up the last of my walnut so time to order some more. I see harbor freight have a variety for around $1-1lb. What I have now I ordered from grafs and doesn’t say anywhere what size it is
MP 359640

Damn it looks like a blooming flower! That’s a bad ass bullet! Can we call it the “Star Socket”?
Star Socket it is!
Now we need shirts printed up. Team Star Socket. Naahhh that sounds like a title for a new gender studies group appointed by Biden. Star Socket of DEATH!

Do you have a 38? I'll send some your way. Or when my buddy gets his 125 grain 9mm mould with the same pins I'll make some up for you to try.
I picked up a 2cavity version of this 38 mould but I have a 4 cavity on order. I think May will make 2 years since the group by opened up. We are hoping to get them sooner than that though

Back
Top Bottom