• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
USPS guy is going to hate me.

The 9mm bullets I ordered in October arrived this week.

The order I placed beginning of January just shipped.

The order I placed beginning of Feb just shipped.

I’m going to have 200 pounds of 9mm bullets lmao
Not even a small fraction of the material weight he needs to move everyday. Plus it is his job.

Michael J. Spangler

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Well at least I know they’re still in business.... I guess I’ll eventually get them... I wouldn’t be too concerned if they answered an email... I have sent 4 emails and yet no reply! I would be happy with a hello... still “processing“ my order from October...
I know, I know Michael... I need to learn how to do my own and not have to rely on these companies for my Bullets..... 😆
You could be one of the elite. We can show you the secret handshake. You’ll get the membership card and key ring fob.
You can’t afford not to do it.

bigblue

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Not even a small fraction of the material weight he needs to move everyday. Plus it is his job.

I will be sure to tell him that when he lugs the 65 pound shoe box over to my door, opens it, and sets it inside my porch. I'm sure he will smile and say thank you.

Not all of us are flaming dickbags.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Picked up my 3k of PowerBond 230gr plated .45 bullets this morning from the post office. Loaded and tested a few then proceeded to load up 200 more.
I have the brass all ready to load and will likely be spending several hours a day at the press tonight and through the weekend.
They actually came a day ahead of schedule which is fine by me.😀

gerrycaruso

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Tried a few homemade slug loads out of the 12 ga. AOW this morning. Shooting 2 handed like a pistol the groups at 25 yards were all in the black of a 50 foot target but opened up to small paper plate size at 65 yards. Elevation was still right on at 65 yards but overall recoil is a bit snappy. It sucks getting old but so far it's still better than the alternative.

Klal

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Primed 50 .45 Colt. I really don't like the mounted classic press I have and I've just been using the hand press for everything. I'm in no rush and I feel like I can make things more consistent. I'm sure my attitude will change in time.

Also, a charge of Longshot in 45 brass leaves it looking empty.

Ended up selling my .38spl dies and SPP since I realized that I'm not using my snub nose .38 into a target gun and had bought a case of defensive ammo back in 2015 which I still have.

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I will be sure to tell him that when he lugs the 65 pound shoe box over to my door, opens it, and sets it inside my porch. I'm sure he will smile and say thank you.

Not all of us are flaming dickbags.
Im sorry to hear your UPS guy wont be happy.
I used to ship a lot of lead shot. 50lbs in USPS flat rate. 4-5 boxes every few weeks. The usps guy would hem and haw then the old lady USPS worker would come around and push the guy off to the side " watch out pussy I will handle this"
Tossed those boxes onto the cart like no tomorrow. All while smiling and chit chatting and would not allow me to handle the boxes. "Cant have you getting hurt on USPS property now"
The guy didnt last much longer there, lady said he was a little bitch.

Artie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Rcvd my 30-30 dies and box of range pick-up brass. Got a mix or Winchester, FC, RP and PPU. Deprimed, sized and trimmed to 2.030. Will be running Unique behind a Lee C309-170-F. Have a bunch cast but not hitek coated, might just lube and gascheck.
Lyman manual from 1967 has a start of 8 and max of 11. Everyone online reports best results with 9.5-11. Will be shooting in a Winchester Model 64 w/ 24" barrel. I have never loaded for this caliber, any tips?
20210226_180433.jpg

wegman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Might want to make sure they are sized sufficiently for a lever gun. (I'm assuming a 64 is lever action?) I had a Winchester model 88 years ago and discovered lever action lacks the camming power of a bolt gun. Maybe make up a dummy round to try before loading a bunch?
I am wanting a lever action in a pistol caliber in the worst way...

BTSDOG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Eventually he'll get to Accurate or maybe IMR.

We started at IMR

ok, to clear things up, which i should have done in the op, i used IMR 4064. I knew there were two 4895's but until today, didnt realize there were two 4064,s.....And ive been reloading since 74. Goes to show how much ive used Accurate powders........

Top Bottom