What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Stick with the Tri-Way then unless you got some cash burning a hole in your pocket.
Going to order the Tri-Way Monday. Looks like they only do phone orders, which I like, 4-6 week wait time on their website. Should give me plenty of time to do some tumbling and crimp removal. I'm not a fast mover when it comes to reloading.

Tested some reloads today through the newly acquired 357 blackhawk. It's my first blackhawk and have to say.....the general opinion that they are accurate is true. 1974 made nmbh. My reloads at 50 feet no rest. Only thing that upsets me...is its actually more accurate than my 1911. 😂 20210206_181900.jpg

Anyone know much about these old Winchester lubaloy 44 magnum rounds?
Got from a friend but wondering if they’re safe to shoot or if they’ll lead the crap out of the bore?

1470 fps for a non-jacketed bullet seems warm no?
I shot a bunch of those in .45 colt when I had my Blackhawk. Shot fine.

I'd be more worried about the leading the rifle since that velocity was probably calculated in a pistol barrel.
i would be curious of when the SAMMI testing standards came into play.
When i was poking around looking for information 4 manufactures told me all ammo is tested in a 24" testing barrel unless specified such as in a re loading manual.

Anyone know much about these old Winchester lubaloy 44 magnum rounds?
Got from a friend but wondering if they’re safe to shoot or if they’ll lead the crap out of the bore?

1470 fps for a non-jacketed bullet seems warm no?
View attachment 446659View attachment 446660View attachment 446661
its just a copper washed gas checked bullet.
see even way back cool names where thrown around to try to get people to buy stuff.
Im surprised , you abuse and break shit all the time and your worried about a little leading.

A new hollow point mould showed up today. 2 cavity brass 360640 from MP Moulds.
Those look awesome. Never heard of them before. These?

359-640 Hollow point plain base, (Multi choice) ~ MP-molds

What are you planning on running them through? I'd be using them to blow up gallon jugs of water for sure.

Do you pick 360 to give yourself a little wiggle room to size them down?

I almost fell down a rabbit hole reading about bullet lubes on castboolits trying to get up to speed on carnauba red vs others, but managed to save myself, for now.

A new hollow point mould showed up today. 2 cavity brass 360640 from MP Moulds.
Cast a handful. Lubed with carnauba red. Not the finest bullets up close but they dropped a lot nicer once the mould was up to temp. View attachment 446869View attachment 446870
Nice, great molds out of there.
If anyone is looking for random used molds Outback Arms in plympton and South Shore Tactical in Hanover have some nice used molds and older handles.
I was poking through them and there where some cool looking 40-45 cal type molds. a few 30 cal rifle and some other odd balls. Some are used some are NOS . Do some research and know what your looking for and bring a magnifying glass.

Im still on the hunt for a 00 buckshot mold.

Those look awesome! Kinda look like my Snap-on sockets in my tool box!
Thanks man. These are much cheaper 😁
Those look awesome. Never heard of them before. These?

359-640 Hollow point plain base, (Multi choice) ~ MP-molds

What are you planning on running them through? I'd be using them to blow up gallon jugs of water for sure.

Do you pick 360 to give yourself a little wiggle room to size them down?

I almost fell down a rabbit hole reading about bullet lubes on castboolits trying to get up to speed on carnauba red vs others, but managed to save myself, for now.
That’s the one. I picked up the wrong mould in a trade a while ago so I put it up for sale and a guy ordered this one in trade. It just so happens to be my favorite mould in HP version so I went for it.
I’m going to run a test from a snubby to a 4” to an 18” and see how they perform in clear ballistic gel.

Seems CR lube is a favorite. It’s stick so it stays on the bullet during handling. Hard enough to not get beat up during handling. Flows easy enough so it can be used even in cold temps. I really like it.
It smells great too.
Nice, great molds out of there.
If anyone is looking for random used molds Outback Arms in plympton and South Shore Tactical in Hanover have some nice used molds and older handles.
I was poking through them and there where some cool looking 40-45 cal type molds. a few 30 cal rifle and some other odd balls. Some are used some are NOS . Do some research and know what your looking for and bring a magnifying glass.

Im still on the hunt for a 00 buckshot mold.
Nice lead. I’m going to check that spot in Hanover.
I have a 00 mould you can borrow if you want to. 18 cavity Lee. I bet shooting supply has some in stock too.

Thanks man. These are much cheaper 😁

That’s the one. I picked up the wrong mould in a trade a while ago so I put it up for sale and a guy ordered this one in trade. It just so happens to be my favorite mould in HP version so I went for it.
I’m going to run a test from a snubby to a 4” to an 18” and see how they perform in clear ballistic gel.

Seems CR lube is a favorite. It’s stick so it stays on the bullet during handling. Hard enough to not get beat up during handling. Flows easy enough so it can be used even in cold temps. I really like it.
It smells great too.

Nice lead. I’m going to check that spot in Hanover.
I have a 00 mould you can borrow if you want to. 18 cavity Lee. I bet shooting supply has some in stock too.
have to get tot shooting supply, how is he on boxes of random stuff to go through?

Well tried beating the snow but didn’t happen. Started coming down pretty good about half way through testing but still pretty pleased with results. I need Mac to chime in cause they look the same as last test. All groupings seam to be almost identical POI over 2 grain spread. I know this isn’t a bad thing but sure makes picking a charge harder. Primers started flattening out a tad at 24.4 and 24.6 gr 5CE4FDAB-B234-4868-B721-0477BFF45744.jpeg E1C9F9F0-EBC5-4AFC-9778-0EA7E0943538.jpeg FB192931-2B29-4527-9912-ECF474134D71.jpeg

"Recycled" some small pistol primers.

I have an ammo can labeled "Fix/Kill" that I throw all things I am ashamed of during my reloading sessions ;-)

Of course, I don't actually get around to "fixing" or "killing" anything....so the pile was getting to be a decent size. Press is set up for 9MM...so I thought, I wonder how many small pistol primers I have in that pile sitting in bad reloads (mostly split cases, some 380). Loaded em on the press and gently pushed....

Well, this is how many...and I didn't break out the bullet puller or de-prime any caliber other than 9MM (I also have bad 38/357/40 in my pile).

Anybody else sitting on a stash of long forgotten primers ?

20210207_131743.jpg

Back
Top Bottom