What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Just filled the Dillon tumbler with 5.56 brass and new clean corn cob media and a couple of capfuls of NuFinsh for an 8 hour run.
Loaded 300 more 124gr 9mm Xtreme plated bullets then changed over tp 38spl and loaded 100 Sierra 170gr FMJ.

I love having the shotgun adapters for testing pistol loads. They are heavy barrels and I can put a couple in my pocket and step out the back door.

Hudson Cabelas has 2 more each of federal large pistol, and small rifle primers. Limit of 1, I grabbed the last cci large rifle so couldn't get them
Run over to Michaels, I think they sell party supplies/costumes. Grab a fake moustache and over sized sunglasses. Then, if you could, grab me the large pistol primers, I'd appreciate it.

Run over to Michaels, I think they sell party supplies/costumes. Grab a fake moustache and over sized sunglasses. Then, if you could, grab me the large pistol primers, I'd appreciate it.
I was gonna grab lunch and go back

Edit: they were gone (not surprised)

Last edited:
So, it's been so long since I prepped 223, I can't find my WFT. Not sure if I let someone borrow it, or it's just lost in the shop. Anyone using the Giraud Tri-Way? If I have to order something, I was thinking of trying the Giraud, I think it's only another $30 or so. Is there something else out there I should be looking at?
If it matters, this is the only case I prep in bulk. Everything else, I trim on my L.E. Wilson.

So, it's been so long since I prepped 223, I can't find my WFT. Not sure if I let someone borrow it, or it's just lost in the shop. Anyone using the Giraud Tri-Way? If I have to order something, I was thinking of trying the Giraud, I think it's only another $30 or so. Is there something else out there I should be looking at?
If it matters, this is the only case I prep in bulk. Everything else, I trim on my L.E. Wilson.
I have the Giraud for 300 blackout. The one you use with a hand drill or drill press not the completer motorized unit.

I really like how it work. It’s not hard to adjust and cuts super clean and fast.

I would buy another one for sure.

Define "bulk".

The Tri-Way is great if you only do a few hundred at a time and have a vice/drill setup that is comfortable to use.

If you reload thousands, pony up for the full Giraud bench trimmer. Zero mess. Super fast. Run it anywhere. You can sit with it on your lap watching TV. Literally.

Order anything , when it arrives put it away, then that is when you find the WFT

Define "bulk".

The Tri-Way is great if you only do a few hundred at a time and have a vice/drill setup that is comfortable to use.

If you reload thousands, pony up for the full Giraud bench trimmer. Zero mess. Super fast. Run it anywhere. You can sit with it on your lap watching TV. Literally.
Roughly 2-3k per year. The number varies, if the daughter brings some of her non gun owning friends with her to the range to practice, then the number goes up. I usually only prep 1k or so at a time. She's been blasting steel ammo lately because it was damn cheap for a while. We know that's not the case anymore.

Roughly 2-3k per year. The number varies, if the daughter brings some of her non gun owning friends with her to the range to practice, then the number goes up. I usually only prep 1k or so at a time. She's been blasting steel ammo lately because it was damn cheap for a while. We know that's not the case anymore.
Stick with the Tri-Way then unless you got some cash burning a hole in your pocket.

Stick with the Tri-Way then unless you got some cash burning a hole in your pocket.
I like the idea that the tri-way chamfers and de-burr that’s one less step. Once I get setup to run bulk 223 I’ll be getting one. Also there is the trim it 2 which does the same thing for less but I’ve read mixed reviews.

Finished moving my press over from my dinner tray loading bench I had.mounted it to an inline fabrication base that bolted to a 16x16 3/4 plywood mount that can quickly be set up on my work bench. I made a few bases so I can swap between the press and my drill press Without loosing bench space. The base for the trimmer stores nicely on the same mount and can be removed and clamped in my vise. 87F7BB61-180E-44E9-B2BF-35E2C53201F7.jpeg 4734AFAD-E81F-4B28-A26E-6AF43C9AB813.jpeg EF3C66CB-FBC1-47BD-92CE-BC82832B54A4.jpeg 563BC9D2-A44D-4DAC-8758-E79628CC1FC1.jpeg 7725C495-72DE-4D9B-A4A3-6B57A65B78C1.jpeg

Anyone have any knowledge of using the Lee ram prime? Anything to know about it? It looks like it should work fine, with little to no chance of setting a primer off. Just looks tedious and slow, which is fine.

That's the priming system I use. It is a bit slower than most, but I get positive seating of primers every time.n With two of these, I just swap out the entire unit when going from small to large and vice versa.

What’s the general consensus on Titegroup? People seem to love or hate it from what I’ve read. I scored a pound, unfortunately, just a pound was all that was available and with shipping and hazmat fees I’m not feeling as joyous as perhaps I should.
Aside from being a hot powder and perhaps not using lead cast bullets, what am I missing?
I’d be loading 9mm exclusively, mostly range ammo perhaps some defense ammo if I can find projectiles at all.

I like TiteGroup. I mostly shoot 9mm, 124 grn plated XTreme or Berrys, and I load them over 4.0 grains of TiteGroup. For 124 grn 9mm, starting load is 3.6 and max load is 4.1. I'm approaching max, but comfortably under it.
This has been my go to 9mm load for a while

Back
Top Bottom