What did you do in the reloading room recently?

WOW!! it's in stock, it's been out of stock on Lee's web site for months. Thats what I started out with.
You May already be aware of this (no insult intended), but i am still mentioning it anyways due to the large number of newbi reloaders = Just realize that you will also need to purchase ALOT of additional reloading parts for that press, to actually operate and run it, and be able to load pistal and/or rifle ammunition.
Yeah I was just passing it along for anyone looking lol.

So .... Is that like where the open bar is going?
Shooting tunnel 😉. That’s where I cut into existing house. New addition is only a crawl space but still needed access and it works good for storing stupid shit my wife buys 😂

I can get 14 yards from end to end nice for shooting bow in the winter. Or subsonic 22s 🙄

Last edited:
Nice. So envious of these newer homes. My 1930s basement is like a dungeon lol
I'm dry and bright with concrete block walls , But I'm crowded in with only using 1/2 the basement of a Cape, Laundry and Gas burner are on the other side of the stairs. Bench with a 14" chop saw , table saw, band saws, lathe, and a drill press are in this half with my 2 benches (LOL) You don't even WANT to know what's in the garge!

I'm looking at Lyman 50th now and unfortunately there's no load data for unique for a 300 grain jsp. I'm assuming that's because it's a fast burning powder. 240 grain pills and below there is data for unique. So ill be stuck with h110 and no magnum primers to use.....😑

That sucks cuz my brass delivered yesterday and the projos will deliver tomorrow.
Do you have 2400?

Now getting back to someone who's just getting into it . and doesn't want to spend MEGA $$ to see if they're going to continue on with IF and when ammo is ever available again. I 've watched a friend whos let say THRIFTY is a word that best describes him, he uses a Lee turret, But hand primes after cleaning and depriming cases , Loads powder thru the Lee charging die with a funnel and a Lee yellow powder scoop then sets and crimps on the turret , has a beam scale and just the basic basic tool .. Been doing his way since before the years I've known him. Then you have my Brother who's a very complex individual. Last time I watched what he does it was like watching that Mouse Trap kids game one thing went this way someting else went that way and something in the background was whirring and weezing. I was dizzy . I'm somewhere in the middle I've altered and reconfigured my lee Turret so it counter rotates and kicks the loaded shell out into a hopper. Added some lighting inside the turret and a few minor tweaks that work for me.

Compared to all the other equipment (dies, powder drops, etc) needed to reload, paying the $600 for a Dillon XL750 over a red or green machine pays dividends in the long run. IMNSHO
no shit lol... doing 1000 8mm mauser rounds and 500 6.5 creedmoor.. I am real tired of my turret press.

i should have done this ..

new press.jpg

Compared to all the other equipment (dies, powder drops, etc) needed to reload, paying the $600 for a Dillon XL750 over a red or green machine pays dividends in the long run. IMNSHO
I’m very glad that when I got into this last year I went right for a 550. It’s not the 750 but for the amount of shooting I do it works perfectly. Even if I had to do it all over again And had a tight budget I’d recommend the 550 basic loader for like $300. Slowly add on as you go. Once things cool down I will be adding another press and still trying to decide if I wanna go another 550 or a 750. I’m leaning towards the 550 that way I have identical setups pretty much and one for small primers one for large.

I only have space for one press on the bench in my Armory (what the wife calls my room) so the 650 with a bunch of caliber changes works for me. At some point I may get a second because the primer change is the biggest pain. That will require some ingenuity to swap the actual machines...

I’m very glad that when I got into this last year I went right for a 550. It’s not the 750 but for the amount of shooting I do it works perfectly. Even if I had to do it all over again And had a tight budget I’d recommend the 550 basic loader for like $300. Slowly add on as you go. Once things cool down I will be adding another press and still trying to decide if I wanna go another 550 or a 750. I’m leaning towards the 550 that way I have identical setups pretty much and one for small primers one for large.
Same. My second press was a ~40 year old Pacific DL266.

I just like nice tools, but I'm not a competitive shooter, and load relatively low volume, so I mostly wait for cool stuff to come up for sale used. Got a few nice Ohaus/RCBS beam scales in different ranges, Dillon super swage, RCBS uniflow, RCBS hand crank case trimmer, all used. It's fine. The brass is all used too, eventually. ;)

I only have space for one press on the bench in my Armory (what the wife calls my room) so the 650 with a bunch of caliber changes works for me. At some point I may get a second because the primer change is the biggest pain. That will require some ingenuity to swap the actual machines...
The options are endless with these things all you really need is one but twice is nice. Unless u spring for a bot setup it’s not like you can run em both at the same time anyways haha. One thing I prefer on the 550 is that it doesn’t auto index. One thing I like about the 750 is that extra station.

Once I got past the pain of drilling lots of holes in my workbench, it got a lot easier to set things up to use what I'm using, and put the other stuff on a shelf. Most of the little stuff, dies, shell plates, scales, primer tubes, trickler, powder bushings, etc. goes in a nice old Snap On top box. The stuff that's too big for the drawers goes on a rack of shelves, and I just have what I need on the bench for what I'm doing. A little more setup and breakdown time, but less apt to get cluttered.

Nope I gave up the hole in the turret for the primer remover, all that is done on a single stage long before I'm actually loading, moved the powder feeder into slot #1 and installed a bullet feeder in the #2 spot then seat and crimp. I mainly only load .45acp but I have one set up the same for 9mm.

Once I got past the pain of drilling lots of holes in my workbench, it got a lot easier to set things up to use what I'm using, and put the other stuff on a shelf. Most of the little stuff, dies, shell plates, scales, primer tubes, trickler, powder bushings, etc. goes in a nice old Snap On top box. The stuff that's too big for the drawers goes on a rack of shelves, and I just have what I need on the bench for what I'm doing. A little more setup and breakdown time, but less apt to get cluttered.

Holes in the bench are there... I alway intended to run two machines, just never executed the plan.
A552805E-E835-487A-8AFA-A2813E8CCCCB.jpeg

you would need the extra station if running a feeder correct? Imo the feeder would be the only reason to buy the 750 over a 550.

Yes a bullet feeder would take that slot. I worry about powder splash and turned primers when the 650 gets going too fast though. Hand feeding bullets keeps it to an acceptable 4-600 rounds an hour.

Back
Top Bottom