What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Planning to make a few different combos of 7.62 NATO for the FAL in hopes of finding a good load.

Want to keep the processed brass separate during a range trip as the primer pockets have been decrimped and I don't want to mix in once-fired factory brass.

Loaded 5 shells of 20 grains of Green Dot, 1 1/8 oz #9, Rem figure 8 wad, Rem Nitro 27 shell, Win 209 primer, in my '70s era Pacific DL266. Alliant and Lyman say that's about a 1200fps load.

Haven't run Green Dot before. Wanted to compare to my otherwise identical 19 grain Red Dot load, which is supposed to also be 1200fps.

Reloaded 400rds of mixed once fired .308 and 200rds of LC 5.56. Had to do something constructive and theraputic while listening to this criminal congressional impeachment hearings.

Built these three additions to the collection, as is for about $260.00 ea.
$23 Anderson lower rec. x2 One PSA $23 lower receiver.
$27 PSA Lower parts kit
$55 A2 stock with tube, spacer, screw, buffer and spring
$149.99+ship Oracle 3 1:9 5.56 nato chamber, optics ready upper complete with bcg and charging handle. ( there was no way I was passing that deal up from Primary Arms)
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Now to find a deal on scopes. I need about 12 of them [thumbsup] [party]

Last edited:
Today I finally got motivated enough to sort 2 buckets of brass one had 38 special and 357 mag the other had 44 mag and 44 special.
That’s my least favorite sorting. I can tell a 38 from a 357 from across the room but boy it’s sucks separating them.
especially when you miss one and run a 357 through the Dillon set up for 38. I hate ruining brass

That’s my least favorite sorting. I can tell a 38 from a 357 from across the room but boy it’s sucks separating them.
especially when you miss one and run a 357 through the Dillon set up for 38. I hate ruining brass
Its not so bad but 380 and 9mm...[angry2]
Ive stopped trying to sort out the 380 tbh. Im going blind trying to, lol. I can tell when Im loading on the 650 when its a 380 pretty much.

Ive searched for video of someone loading a 380 case to 9mm specs but havent found anything. Figured someone out there would have done it for shits and giggles by now.

Its not so bad but 380 and 9mm...[angry2]
Ive stopped trying to sort out the 380 tbh. Im going blind trying to, lol. I can tell when Im loading on the 650 when its a 380 pretty much.

Ive searched for video of someone loading a 380 case to 9mm specs but havent found anything. Figured someone out there would have done it for shits and giggles by now.

they sell a sorting tray that sorts out the .380. Shooting supply had them in stock last I checked.
I know a few guys that have them and they said it was well worth the money. I would give $100 for one that would separate 38/357

I doubt the .380 loaded to 9 pressures would be much of an issue. It’s loaded super long so the internal capacity is pretty close and not every gun would light it off. Seeing as it doesn’t properly headspace in the 9mm barrel.
now I want to try it out myself.

they sell a sorting tray that sorts out the .380. Shooting supply had them in stock last I checked.
I know a few guys that have them and they said it was well worth the money. I would give $100 for one that would separate 38/357

I doubt the .380 loaded to 9 pressures would be much of an issue. It’s loaded super long so the internal capacity is pretty close and not every gun would light it off. Seeing as it doesn’t properly headspace in the 9mm barrel.
now I want to try it out myself.
Yeah Ive been eyeballing the 380 sorter for a while now. Iirc I paid like $30 for the set back in the day, so it kills me to pay $20+ for one screen. (Im a cheap bastard)

If you do load up a 380 to 9mm specs make sure to catch it on video and share with us, lol.

Yeah Ive been eyeballing the 380 sorter for a while now. Iirc I paid like $30 for the set back in the day, so it kills me to pay $20+ for one screen. (Im a cheap bastard)

If you do load up a 380 to 9mm specs make sure to catch it on video and share with us, lol.
I just pick those 380s off when I stick them into my press. If I don't notice it in when it is in my hand, I always catch them after I have charged them. They just look too full. I hate 380s. Pesky bastards.

I just pick those 380s off when I stick them into my press. If I don't notice it in when it is in my hand, I always catch them after I have charged them. They just look too full. I hate 380s. Pesky bastards.
Yeah they suck. Plus my eyes are getting to the point where Im having a hard time reading the headstamp. :(

I dont really do 9mm on the single stage any more but when Im using the 650, if a 380 has ended up in there, the down stroke at the sizing station goes just a tad too far down before I start to feel resistance. Its just enough that I can pretty reliably know that its a 380 and I pull it and toss it in a bin. Have no idea if ive ever missed any that have gone on to be loaded up and fired. Just about every time I feel that difference in the sizing step though its a 380.

I’m going to have @1919FAN run the numbers in quick loads. Maybe I’ll run it. Hold my beer.

I do the same. I usually catch them because they have zero resistance when they go through the sizing die. That always catches my attention.

Scored some Lyman sizing dies a top punches yesterday.
My plan is to extend my reloading bench another 5’ or so after the new year. Then I’ll have a dedicated spot for the 450 sizer. Not that I plan on using it much over my Star but it will be nice to maybe dedicate it to say .459” for my low volume 45/70 stuff.

15 minutes to draw and an hour on the printer - tested and it works.
Would need to make it a little longer and make mounts for a 5 gallon bucket

38_357.png If you count rolling them down a slide... 38 falls through 357 falls of the end

Friend gave me (2) 25 round boxes of Winchester Super-X 44 mag 240 gr JHP ammo. One box was fine but the other box had some corroded cases.

Should I send ‘em?....or scrap ‘em?...
View attachment 318527View attachment 318528
Shot all 40 rounds and only had one case split. I still have all my fingers thanks to the purple nitrile gloves and the beefy Dan Wesson ..... [laugh]
4770A9DD-8558-4535-9477-98F333CEB12B.jpeg

Take my money!
Give me a couple of days (it is Christmas time...) and I'll model up some brackets for a 5 gallon bucket and test things out

Damn...that is impressive.
Not really - I used Fusion 360 which is very easy to model things up fast once you are familiar with it.
For the design - it's not much different from your every day coin sorter (38 SPL is 0.139" shorter than 357 Mag)

once you get your design finalized send me the stl and I'll print off a few to Karma away.
I actually posted it as a joke to the $100 comment - since there is actual interest, I'll post up the STLs and Fusion files.

There are sorters that work for 9/380
They need to be precise but are readily available.
Thingiverse has a model for a 9/380 sorter if you can 3d print

Back
Top Bottom