• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Made 2 loads for the new 7.5 swiss. Both are longer than the listed C.O.L. but fit in the magazine with a bit of extra room. I'll shoot them this morning.

I did get a few pieces of 8mm and 303 over the years from people not wanting it. There's at least two people I know that go to my MA club literally every day to case the brass buckets. They don't shoot, they just come, check the buckets and the firing line, and leave if they don't find anything.

I grabbed about 40 cases of 38spl today and recouped close to the amount of 9mm reloads I fired. Tumbling some 30-06 presently.

I do like it when people put the cases of their 30-06 hunting rounds back neatly into the box and then put it in the bucket.
Yeah there are a few guys at my club (possibly the same club?) as well. Walk in "Hey hows it goin?", straight for the brass buckets, turn around and head right back out.

I can't even count how many times I've walked on to the Mid range at my, club and just walked up to set my targets and spinners. Fillled my vest pockets with .45 and 9mm cases that some asshat was too lazy to pick up. Not second rate all beat up brass but new just once fired stock. Must be nice to be so damned rich that you can have someone else clean up after you too!

I can't even count how many times I've walked on to the Mid range at my, club and just walked up to set my targets and spinners. Fillled my vest pockets with .45 and 9mm cases that some asshat was too lazy to pick up. Not second rate all beat up brass but new just once fired stock. Must be nice to be so damned rich that you can have someone else clean up after you too!

Hey, thanks for cleaning up my brass ;-)

Seriously, I sometimes think that reloading is a dying hobby. I would bet that no more than 5% of the members of my club reload their own ammo. As long as your willing to clean up or occasionally dive into a trash can you can have all the free brass you'll ever need.

Seriously, I sometimes think that reloading is a dying hobby. I would bet that no more than 5% of the members of my club reload their own ammo. As long as your willing to clean up or occasionally dive into a trash can you can have all the free brass you'll ever need.
Agreed. Like anything else people would rather pay for someone else to do it for them. Cooking, Gardening, Hunting, Brake jobs you name it. There is a dependency and lack of interest in self sufficiency that is epidemic now a days.

Yeah there are a few guys at my club (possibly the same club?) as well. Walk in "Hey hows it goin?", straight for the brass buckets, turn around and head right back out.
Unless you changed clubs since last winter, I believe it's the same club.

Interesting, at my MA club I would say about half of the people I speak with reload. You're supposed to put your brass in the buckets marked for each caliber. On the rifle side it's 223, 308, 30-06, and misc/other, so no diving necessary. Steel goes in the trash. Maybe it's closer to 1/3 of the people, but still very common. Could be the times I go.

LOL!!! Next time will you leave some .44 mag brass too I'm running just a little low lately!!!!

I used a 147 gr fmjbt and a 175 gr Sierra TMK. Both over WC844 in new PPU brass with a Remington 9 1/2 primer. The match bullet shot much better than the fmj and I was very impressed considering 67 year old eyes looking through open sights on a 100 year old rifle. The recoil is quite mild.

I used a 147 gr fmjbt and a 175 gr Sierra TMK. Both over WC844 in new PPU brass with a Remington 9 1/2 primer. The match bullet shot much better than the fmj and I was very impressed considering 67 year old eyes looking through open sights on a 100 year old rifle. The recoil is quite mild.
Sweet. I hear good things about those TMK’s. Glad to hear they shot well.

Finally had a chance to test my 55 gr reloads. Extremely pleased with the accuracy for a cheaper bullet and powder. Not bad for 19 cents per round.

Hornady 55 gr FMJBT
25 gr H335
2.25"
100 yards off sandbag
16" 1:7 FN CHF barrel.

Excluding the flyer that I’m sure I pulled, just over an inch. 3 shots are about a half inch. Loving this FN barrel.
C4500B06-A393-450C-ACDA-31546E67ABC9.jpeg

I take it that H335 is a flashy powder too?[laugh]
D73F1A7D-B76E-4B7E-8BFA-8CDC27F40C7B.png

Last edited:
Once I get my processed .223/5.56 brass back, I’m going to crank em out. 8 pounds of H335 and 2,000+ bullets on hand....

Reloading is a funny thing. When your young you reload to afford to shoot more, as you get older you reload to get the ammo / performance you want when you get old you rather just go and shoot and not waste time reloading.

Once I get my processed .223/5.56 brass back, I’m going to crank em out. 8 pounds of H335 and 2,000+ bullets on hand....
Really your subbing out brass prep already and you only have 2000 rounds to load......rookie.G
I bought that lee pro 1000 i posted about just to load up my scrap brass and blasting 55 fmj crap bullets...little over 2000 rounds.

Really your subbing out brass prep already and you only have 2000 rounds to load......rookie.G
I bought that lee pro 1000 i posted about just to load up my scrap brass and blasting 55 fmj crap bullets...little over 2000 rounds.
Ya ya ya. I’ve been feeling very lazy lately and I don’t feel like spending hours prepping brass. Wasn’t too much money so I figured I’d give it a shot.

Loaded the last 1000 9mm bullets I had. Between the 2 50 cal cans and a couple peanut butter containers, I think I have between 5-6,000 rounds loaded. Should last me until summer.

...I think I have between 5-6,000 rounds loaded. Should last me until summer.

Careful! You'll forget how to reload, if you have all of that ammo to blow off.
Not doing much volume down here, but I did take some 6.5x54M-S and turned it into 7.35 Carcano. Also, took some 244 Remington and turned it into some 6.5x55mm cast loads. Couldn't stand looking at those 5 empty 7.62x54R cases either, so loaded them up, too.

Went to the range to tast some new sights and make new brass to reload. Came home and rand a batch of 9mm through the tumbler.

Made 400 rounds of 9mm on my 650.

Took this little home made rimfire target out for a test.
Fun was had by all

Took my plate rack home after 4000 or so rounds being thrown at it, for some minor tweaking and a coat of paint.

Attachments

• rimfire 1.jpg
    rimfire 1.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 38
  • platerack1.jpg
    platerack1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 37
  • platerack2.jpg
    platerack2.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 37
Took this little home made rimfire target out for a test.
Fun was had by all

Took my plate rack home after 4000 or so rounds being thrown at it, for some minor tweaking and a coat of paint.
I want a plate rack so bad! But between the cost and owning a Honda Accord, it makes it tough....

Ive only had an XL650 for a short while here, originally set for 556, but just set up my first pistol conversion in 9mm and ran 500 through it. very happy with the efficiency.

thinking of a 45acp conversion, how much of a pain is swapping all the primer components over to large?

And would i be safe in assuming i could get away with just Quick Change get ups and some miscellaneous parts for 308 and 30.06? they sell the individual parts or would it be cheaper to just grab the whole cal conversion?

Back
Top Bottom