• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Are These? or Please Identify the Widgets

Hi all, I was cleaning out a box of stuff inherited from another shop that went out of business years ago and ran across a few things that I cannot identify. Does anyone recognize them?

If you are the first to correctly identify one of the four items, Nicole has offered you a prize of a homemade cupcake the next time you come by Acme Armament with advance warning (she will not guarantee cupcake availability for walk-ins...slacker).

Item #1
P7100002.jpg

P7100001.jpg

Item #2 - Some sort of magazine - can anyone narrow it down?

P7100003.jpg

P7100004.jpg

Item #3

P7100005.jpg

P7100006.jpg

Item #4

P7100010.jpg

P7100009.jpg

# 3 is an expended fuse from a practice grenade.

grenade_m69_practice_300.jpg

# 4 is a speed loader (sometimes called a "spoon") for AR magazines.

DSCN2500.jpg

Last edited:
#1 looks like it could be a silencer adapter, but, after looking at the thread size and pitch on the grenade fuse, it could be for wiring a blasting cap to a grenade body.

#2 is an SKS mag.

The threaded adapter is for a mac 10 silencer to a pistol or rifle, depending on threads in and out. They sold various styles of them in the 70's to screw onto threaded pistol barrels/ barrel bushings.

depending on it's size, #4 could also be a stripper clip loader for an M1 carbine.

Tried that and it's not the right size. They do fit perfectly on an AR mag.

Pilgrim just wanted a cupcake [grin]

Most likely, but Nicole's and Acme's policy is that mods may have a cupcake whenever they stop by. They just have to take what cupcake is surplus that day [wink]

So have you been hiding the cupcakes whenever I go there?

[laugh2]
This is what happens when you don't visit frequently [wink]. Nicole usually has some around but it wasn't until recently that she made the Guinness one. Then I said, "How about lemon rum ones?" [smile]

Stop by this week. I have a whole tray of them.

Back
Top Bottom