What are the most fun 22lr rifles

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I just wanted to see what people think are the most fun 22LR rifles to shoot.

Here's some of mine:

little-badger-extended.jpg

Chiappa Little Badger

11016153_1.jpg

Winchester 62 pump

original.img.jpg

Browning SA-22 (except for it ejecting hot cases into my forearm)

270050_01_henry_mini_bolt_22_youth_singl_640.jpg

Got one for my kids, but I like shooting it , its so small it is more like a long pistol actually

BL22_Right.jpg

BL-22 lever, fun because the lever and trigger move together, very quick, no chance to pinch your fingers either

I'd say probably the Winchester pump guns, the Ruger 10/22 and a Stevens Favorite. The Winchester and Stevens are just a ton of fun. Easy handling and accurate. The 10/22 is probably the most iconic .22 semi-auto out there at this point.

I have an old Springfield semi auto tube-fed .22lr that is very fun to shoot. You can shoot longs and shorts through it as well, as you can lock the bolt by simply pushing the charging handle inward after each shot. It's old enough where there is no serial # on it, and it's built like a tank.

I love the Henry Youth that I picked up some years back. Definitely sized for smaller people, but not so small that it isn't very shootable for full size people too. Well made, too. Just picked up a 10/22 for my middle daughter. Nothing says fun like a little semi-auto .22 goodness.

Any thoughts on the GSG 522?
Had one and promptly sold it. I kind of felt dumb/embarassed going to the range with it too. Like I was trying to be johnny mall ninja with my mp5 lookalike. It was accurate and shot well. I have a savage markII fv that I love. Great accutrigger and fun bolt action for $180.

I sadly have just one - a savage of the same model as rcwhat - great shooter, but it is in my mind to expand the collection a bit in that caliber

I sadly have just one - a savage of the same model as rcwhat - great shooter, but it is in my mind to expand the collection a bit in that caliber
Meh. Buy something that you like in a a big caliber.

22 is definitely fun but I rarely take a 22 to the range, unless I have a new shooter with me. I've shot bricks upon bricks and it just doesn't do much for me anymore. I need a kick to the shoulder to make me grin like a school girl.

Had one and promptly sold it. I kind of felt dumb/embarassed going to the range with it too. Like I was trying to be johnny mall ninja with my mp5 lookalike. It was accurate and shot well. I have a savage markII fv that I love. Great accutrigger and fun bolt action for $180.

Hahahaha that's a pretty great description.

Last edited:
henry H001 lever gun outfitted w Leupold 4x rimfire scope. it cycles colibri's, 22 short, long or 22 LR. absolute tac driver. love it.

Remington Nylon 66

The "nylon cult"
I had apache brown and a black and chrome. I liked those guns as they needed little care. Only enough oil on parts that could rust...only down side is the scrappy metal receiver slip cover. Never was able to get a scope to zero.

uploadfromtaptalk1365690755141.jpg

I only have a basic 10/22 carbine with VQ target hammer & bolt release.

My only other ".22" is this Advantage Arms .22LR conversion that runs great on my Sig TTT 1911 frame. It is without a doubt a blast to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom