What ammo can you safely shhot in a Nagant

What ammo can you safely shoot in a Russian 1895 Nagant revolver? Original ammo seems hard to come by. Read several articles about shooting alternate ammo?

The 1895 Nagant will safely fire the S & W 32 long. The only problem with it is that the cases will bulge and you have to ram them out of the cylinder with a pencil or something like it. For the money, it's a fun gun

The 1895 Nagant will safely fire the S & W 32 long. The only problem with it is that the cases will bulge and you have to ram them out of the cylinder with a pencil or something like it. For the money, it's a fun gun

Mine came with a holster and a ram rod so I have no trouble getting the 32 longs out of the chamber... still a royal pain in the butt. 7.62x38mm I have never really seen myself.

7.62 Nagant is available. I saw some at the Wilmington show. It's come down a bit in price from what I saw.
As News Shooter said you can shoot .32 S&W Long but you won't be able to re-load the brass.
I understand you can re-load for it using .32-20 brass.
And .32 ACP cylinders are/were available for it. I opted for the .32 ACP cylinder.

Back
Top Bottom