What a day to shoot

or take a ride on the bike, would have liked to get to the range but wasn't meant to be.

Have the jeep all packed to hit the range this afternoon to zero a couple rifles in when the dreaded On-Call call. Been on this damn call since then....... [thinking]

Daughter and I put 500 rounds 22lr down range. And I was in a T-shirt

pussies....i'm not happy unless it's 15-20 degrees, stiff westerly wind and my old man fingers and toes are thoroughly numb. then i can enjoy a pleasant day at the range. [banghead]

Looks like good weather next Sunday. Predicts is for partly sunny and 44F... I'll be at PF&G for the orientation and then get some range time in. [smile]

Knocked a gong many times with a mosin at 100yars and a few 50yards or less at a handgun range. It was a good day.uch warmer that last weekend

Last edited:
Running around yesterday and today, but I have a day off tomorrow. I'll sacrifice breakfast at the club kitchen for what will most likely be an empty range tomorrow.

Out on the ATV today with one of my Grandsons. But getting to the range early tomorrow. Got some loads I've worked up and want to try them out before I make a thousand of them.

going to be close to 80 degrees later this week.....watched people water skiing on the lake today...t-shirt and shorts weather for sure y'all....so glad I moved from NH...[smile]

Ok so what is it the wrong shoes or poor quality boots[wink]

Sneakers in a foot of melting snow. After walking 25 yds, I was full of regret but it was too late to turn back. Highlight was some guy saw me bench shooting a 10/22; plenty of open space and decided to set up to my immediate right to shoot prone with a very loud brake. I switched to my 14.5 with the Lantac Dragon. I may or may not have adjusted my point of aim and canted my rifle to strategically drop the brass. Super passive aggressive. Today I didn't even have to use my A.K. I got to say it was a good day.

I took this opportunity to knock a steel plate off its stand at 100 yards with my Garand [smile]
I shot some Tannerite filled snowmen with the girlfriend and the Garand today also. Great day for Garands!!!

Quite appropriate on this day - the 72 anniversary of D-Day at Iwo Jima.

I got some range time in myself on this beautiful day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I excersised outdoors today....my second amendment right that is. Took the new sig 1911 out today and the range was very quiet. Maybe three people total. Happy with the sig, not happy with my shooting performance though. Great day to be outside and at the range. Jim

Had our Valentine's Day Heartbreaker Tap shoot today.

About 10 squads. Very busy.

One nutjob showed up in an Hawaiian shirt, and shorts!

I would expect that person would be you. [smile]

Only other person I can think of that would do that would be Dwarven1 and he was most likely in VT over the weekend.

managed to get a few rounds downrange between restocking firewood supply (needed another 1/3rd cord to keep the outbuilding warm through april) and dropping off/picking up mrs boscru from a womens defensive class at the club

used my new avatar for the second time----damn i love this gun

Last edited:
My range on a a weekend is amateur hour regardless of weather, the warm weather would have made it worse.

Back
Top Bottom