What a day to shoot

Sneakers in a foot of melting snow. After walking 25 yds, I was full of regret but it was too late to turn back. Highlight was some guy saw me bench shooting a 10/22; plenty of open space and decided to set up to my immediate right to shoot prone with a very loud brake. I switched to my 14.5 with the Lantac Dragon. I may or may not have adjusted my point of aim and canted my rifle to strategically drop the brass. Super passive aggressive. Today I didn't even have to use my A.K. I got to say it was a good day.

Haha, I love it![rofl] It does piss me off to no end when people do that, especially if the range isn't crowded, where they have no choice, but it sounds like you made it fun anyway.[laugh]

I went yesterday good day lots of people, guys to the right dumping lots of cash out their ar's, I love the sound of a bunch of guns spending ammo. The old timers to the left with some cool lever action rifles and black powder pistols, and I was testing som hand loads out of my cowboy gun.

Went to the range yesterday and had a great day, brought my 2 Ruger Sr 1911 a 45acp and my new 9mm. I put 2 boxes through both and was as happy with the new 9mm Commander as I've been with the full size. No issues and very accurate and a perfect day to shoot outdoors. FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
I was teaching my MA Gun Law Seminar at Mansfield F&G yesterday but the place was thick in mud due to the melting and ground composition. Hoping to hit the range with a friend next weekend.

60 degrees and sunny. Wow.......shooting outside was quite a treat. The range was busy today. Me thinks shooting is growing in popularity :)

Anyone else take advantage of the heat wave?

I went to the range yesterday too. I brought an AR-15 pistol, an AK-15 pistol and an AR-15 carbine with a slide fire stock on it just to send lead an copper down range.
Lots of people at my club, as expected since it was a nice day.

pussies....i'm not happy unless it's 15-20 degrees, stiff westerly wind and my old man fingers and toes are thoroughly numb. then i can enjoy a pleasant day at the range. [banghead]

I go to the range when its less that that. There will be people there in the warming huts and ask me whats wrong with me shooting when it's that cold. I tell them I like the range to myself.

Agreed. I was at Mass Rifle in Woburn, shooting at the 100/200yd Summa range. I must admit, it sucked walking 100yd in 10" of snow to hang my target, but it was just way too nice out to not entertain the itch to shoot some precision rifle. It was a great day! The scenery wasn't bad either with the snow covered landscape. Makes me wish I lived out in the country somewhere.

Summa%20in%20the%20snow_zpskfswnucy.png

Last edited:
I was out on the ice on Sunday, but Saturday I was at the range with my daughter and had the whole club to ourselves.

She went through two boxes of .22, capping it off with a game of Battleship which she won.

485dc61e0303de1cf7814d9dbb64f40e.jpg

I was out shooting at the plate racks on FRIDAY....it was ~35 degrees, but with the sun & no wind...it WAS a nice day to be out! Bring on spring! [smile]

Agreed. I was at Mass Rifle in Woburn, shooting at the 100/200yd Summa range. I must admit, it sucked walking 100yd in 10" of snow to hang my target, but it was just way too nice out to not entertain the itch to shoot some precision rifle. It was a great day! The scenery wasn't bad either with the snow covered landscape. Makes me wish I lived out in the country somewhere.

Summa%20in%20the%20snow_zpskfswnucy.png

This picture is great. That is dedication. I would have stapled up at least one more! Picked up a .357 Henry Big Boy Friday, dying to get to the range and try it out.

Back
Top Bottom